Coach Cristobal signing day presser (live now!!)

Advertisement
He said they will be adding 'more pieces', also one he said is 'elite'...

So UM aint done...

I missed that with regards to the specificity. Are you sure he mentioned an elite kid coming?

reporter asked him that with 22 wrapped up, how he's looking forward to 23 and 24 classes. Mario told him, "22 isn't done. There will be more pieces".

Obvi we have a guy still out there, but I think he's mostly talking portal.

Mario made it a point to explicitly mention 2-3 times that if you're not a coach whose willing to commit the time and effort to recruiting at the level he wants, you won't be hired on his staff. I know this point has been mentioned by a few on the board, but I think its telling that he chose to hammer that point home today. '23 recruiting is going to be elite.

Advertisement
Something that stuck out to me was that Mario made it a point to explicitly mention 2-3 times that if you're not a coach whose willing to commit the time and effort to recruiting at the level he wants, you won't be hired on his staff. I know this point has been mentioned by a few on the board, but I think its telling that he chose to hammer that point home. '23 recruiting is going to be elite.

Reason #43647 I laughed at the Mullen crap. Which is why Mullen was never, ever rumored, mentioned, or connected to anything to do with Miami by anyone substantial. Was just for the message board kids who still aren't sure if Mario and Steele are good football coaches.

Shemar Stewart said if he was able to spend more time with Mario AND Steele it may have swayed his decision.

So obviously the ridiculous delays in hiring an OC/DC are having an impact.
I’ve been critical of the delay in hiring staff as well but this is dumb. Stewart mentioned having more time with Mario and there’s nothing that could’ve been done about that given when Mario was hired.

Was Steele being hired a week or two earlier going to make a difference if the 8 weeks with Mario wasn’t enough for Shemar? Probably not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reason #43647 I laughed at the Mullen crap. Which is why Mullen was never, ever rumored, mentioned, or connected to anything to do with Miami by anyone substantial. Was just for the message board kids who still aren't sure if Mario and Steele are good football coaches.
Agree on Mullen. Not a culture fit on staff either, which seems to be a priority for Mario. But it does make me wonder about Joe Brady, since he was interviewed and seriously considered. Maybe Mario thinks that highly of him that he was willing to look past Brady's disinterest in recruiting

Four pages and not a single mention of his reference to Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

john candy ok GIF

Mario made it a point to explicitly mention 2-3 times that if you're not a coach whose willing to commit the time and effort to recruiting at the level he wants, you won't be hired on his staff. I know this point has been mentioned by a few on the board, but I think its telling that he chose to hammer that point home today. '23 recruiting is going to be elite.

Best class in Miami history

Advertisement
Shemar Stewart said if he was able to spend more time with Mario AND Steele it may have swayed his decision.

So obviously the ridiculous delays in hiring an OC/DC are having an impact.

For some strange reason I don't think Stewart actually cared about who the DC is

Advertisement
Back