Coach Cristobal recaps Thursday practice: “Something clicked today” with TreVonte’ Citizen’s confidence

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Miami is eight practices in, and some trends are starting to take shape. Coach Cristobal met with the media after Thursday’s practice to provide the latest on the team’s progress:

On the structure of practice: Even though [we wore] shells today, it was a normal practice for us. Technique and fundamentals are at a premium. Situational football, just playing extended drives, putting us in difficult situations and working all our special teams phases were part of practice...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Great stuff overall, but some really eye-opening comments on Elija Lofton.
Yeah I picked up on that i. I get it Spring is a time to pump up some of the newcomers. Not really a need to constantly talk about X or someone where we know what we have. Part of me thought Lofton was being praised as simply the best of the freshman but to compare him to Bain and Francis is pretty telling. Both of them were very integral pieces of the team last year as TF and got TONS of playing time. Really interested to see how they use Lofton because he seemingly had two guys in Riley and Arroyo ahead of him that would cut into his snaps even though he is not the same mold as them so I wonder how they plan on getting him production.

Advertisement
Can you explain the new headset communication? What's that about?
I could be wrong but I believe it’s similar to the one used in the NFL. Basically allowing one player on offense and one on defense to communicate with the coaching staff via wireless technology, in turn eliminating signals from the sideline that could be stolen by opposing teams.

Aka Michigan scandal.

Advertisement
Yeah I picked up on that i. I get it Spring is a time to pump up some of the newcomers. Not really a need to constantly talk about X or someone where we know what we have. Part of me thought Lofton was being praised as simply the best of the freshman but to compare him to Bain and Francis is pretty telling. Both of them were very integral pieces of the team last year as TF and got TONS of playing time. Really interested to see how they use Lofton because he seemingly had two guys in Riley and Arroyo ahead of him that would cut into his snaps even though he is not the same mold as them so I wonder how they plan on getting him production.
Lift will be Hback. And full back. 3 rd down back. Catching out of the back field.

Advertisement
Can you explain the new headset communication? What's that about?
Unsure if people in here know, but College Football will allow coaches to call plays via headset to the QB.

The rule set will be similar/the same in the NFL, with communications cutting off at a certain point. Hence why Mario noted the importance of having Dorsey in.

Advertisement
WR3 and LB seem to be the biggest competition areas as of this moment.

Kiffin getting this praise is a great thing specifically because it hopefully mean we don’t have to see Cam playing more than a handful of snaps per game. With Arroyo healthy, Riley Williams a top talent with a yr more development, and Loftin a guy that can contribute immediately, TE is in a better spot than I was fearing heading into spring.

Lb competition seems maybe Bissainthe is potentially putting it together… based on his performance last season I’m not very confident in him. He didn’t show anything positive diagnosing plays imo. Will be interesting to see who wins the 3rd spot.

I’m pretty convinced we are bringing in a starting Portal RB and Safety.

DT is the position I’m hoping to hear more positives from

1711660552748.jpeg

Beast

Advertisement
Back