Coach Cristobal New House is his Recruiting Crown Jewel

Personally I know it's selfish but I can't wait for it to crash. A buyers market is gonna be amazing like 2008 could never dream of
Ya I agree honestly and it’s inevitable just a matter of when but it will crash. It’s not just south Florida it’s everywhere which is crazy to see on such a national level but that’s the belly of the beast. I got a job offer to go back to south Florida but honestly I’m just going to wait till the same.

Advertisement
too many variables currently affecting the housing market, both on a national & local level
the fed & mortgage rates will have biggest affect of all for the "regular" housing market
you still have investors buying & flipping
you have corps treating houses like oil or gold (commodities)
still have internationals looking to purchases down here
& you have a lack of vision & desire for local & state govt to incentivize home building
there simply isn't enough homes for the current demand & that's not going to go away in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.
MDOcane gets it. There aren’t the same factors as in the past which cause crashes. There eventually will be a slow down in price increases and maybe even a small pullback, but nothing remotely like a crash. We are entering a new era. And this is a long term trend.

MDOcane gets it. There aren’t the same factors as in the past which cause crashes. There eventually will be a slow down in price increases and maybe even a small pullback, but nothing remotely like a crash. We are entering a new era. And this is a long term trend.
I disagree. This all started up due to COVID. The work at home situations, the feds giving out money, ppp scams, small business grants, spread into new yorkers and Californians buying houses sight unseen(which is still crazy to me) one of my chicks has a real estate company and she says it's become normal for individuals (not to mention hedge funds, money managers etc.)to submit offers significantly above ask just to avoid the bidding war without ever seeing the property. Now the most important part is simply spend on a good camera man who knows all the tricks. With rates and inflation sky rocketing I can't see how the market can possibly sustain itself. The middle class has essentially been eliminated throughout most major cities. COVID is doing what it was designed to do. But funds have to start drying up. Unless the job market goes bat**** with it.

Last edited:
I was just giving an example of how crazy the market is now. But since u mentioned it here's your example. Until COVID hit there wasn't much of a difference between 2011 up until COVID. As u see, in a normal market it was 3.1. the market is just bat **** crazy right now. Especially for rentals.
You’re showing what we all know. You said an unrealistic ROI over two years. Your example isn’t over the same time period. Every person on this board knows what’s happening in the housing markets currently. It’s not a big deal. You were exaggerating to make a point. Again not a big deal.

Everybody expects a repeat of 2008 with housing prices dropping like a rock, but I'm really skeptical that will happen. The conditions are completely different. This isn't artificial demand with a limited supply.

Advertisement
****, non-waterfront? I guess probably a good move to distance the program from memories of Shapiro's booze cruises, or Manny over playing the yacht.

Yachts are a convenient way for the NCAA to single out the Canes, something common here in the "Yachting Capitol of the World" most of us take for granted, yet that very few other schools in the nation have access to for entertainment purposes and closing deals.

This way any yacht entertainment will have to board from someplace other than behind the HC's crib.

I disagree. This all started up due to COVID. The work at home situations, the feds giving out money, ppp scams, small business grants, spread into new yorkers and Californians buying houses sight unseen(which is still crazy to me) one of my chicks has a real estate company and she says it's become normal for individuals (not to mention hedge funds, money managers etc.)to submit offers significantly above ask just to avoid the bidding war without ever seeing the property. Now the most important part is simply spend on a good camera man who knows all the tricks. With rates and inflation sky rocketing I can't see how the market can possibly sustain itself. The middle class has essentially been eliminated throughout most major cities. COVID is doing what it was designed to do. But funds have to start drying up. Unless the job market goes bat**** with it.
Doesn't apply to South Florida. Miami / Dade population increase since '89 has been 880,000 .... a huge growth. 75% or better of that growth has been the arrival of wealthy business people from virtually every country in Latin America due to the off the charts growth in the Ag Import sector. Large growers in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Brazil, Guatemala, Panama, Dominican Republic, have opened offices in Miami, have second homes in Miami, and their children attend schools in Miami. 20 years ago I had difficulty hiring sales reps from outside of Miami due to the high cost of housing THEN compared to other metro areas. A rep I hired from Atlanta couldn't find anything close to the home he had in Atlanta that he was selling for $350,000 at that time ... would have taken $600,000 at least to match it. Situation has gotten progressively worse.

I was just giving an example of how crazy the market is now. But since u mentioned it here's your example. Until COVID hit there wasn't much of a difference between 2011 up until COVID. As u see, in a normal market it was 3.1. the market is just bat **** crazy right now. Especially for rentals.
Pending sale in 1 day 😂😂😂😂

Advertisement

Not my style but I wouldn't turn it down

Everybody expects a repeat of 2008 with housing prices dropping like a rock, but I'm really skeptical that will happen. The conditions are completely different. This isn't artificial demand with a limited supply.

I agree. Prices may pull back some IMO but this is supply and demand...and you can't build more land.

If people still want to relocate at this pace there will always be less supply than demand. This isn't 2008 caused by morons and asinine loans.

Last edited:
Is this within a mile from campus? Recruits can go whenever they want without being considered official if it’s within a mile. Kelly bought a house within a mile of LSU campus to be able to host recruits whenever he wants.

Advertisement
Is this within a mile from campus? Recruits can go whenever they want without being considered official if it’s within a mile. Kelly bought a house within a mile of LSU campus to be able to host recruits whenever he wants.
It’s about a 2 mile drive but the actual house is 1.1 miles from the closest corner of campus.

You’re showing what we all know. You said an unrealistic ROI over two years. Your example isn’t over the same time period. Every person on this board knows what’s happening in the housing markets currently. It’s not a big deal. You were exaggerating to make a point. Again not a big deal.
Not making it a big deal. No need to emphasize it. But I said something like that. Before COVID came it was something like that. I get the example with that particular house only shows from 2011. It was only an example. But as u state also not really worth dwelling on as we all know the market has pumped prices beyond belief.

Advertisement
It's definitely a bubble right now. But you guys who make this a political thing are forgetting that only 15 years ago we had irrational exuberance. Markets heat up and slow down. We're overheated right now.

The fed for sure over-throttled the money supply. But they didn't do it for politics, they did it to avoid a massive recession that happened in most of the rest of the world during COVID. They may have pulled it off, too, if Delta, the supply chain crisis and now Putin's War hadn't all pushed us into real danger of stagflation. Best laid plans.

Prices are about ready to settle with interest rates going up, just hope they don't crater.

Not making it a big deal. No need to emphasize it. But I said something like that. Before COVID came it was something like that. I get the example with that particular house only shows from 2011. It was only an example. But as u state also not really worth dwelling on as we all know the market has pumped prices beyond belief.
we’re not both in the “prices beyond belief” category. Housing is expected to rise 27% in 22 and another 11% in 23. Inflation is caused by printing money. There’s only 8% inflation currently, but 25% more money in circulation then before our new president took office. There’s a LOT of room to run between those two numbers. Costs of goods and labor are also driving that, along with an inventory shortage in real estate. I don’t believe Covid is the driving factor in what you think is unreasonable pricing. I’m sure, seeing as you’re a category expert in real estate, you know it has a tendency to run in ten year cycles. 2006-2016 was the housing downturn in Florida. 2017 to 2027 should be the up leg of pricing expansion. I’ll wait another three or four years to see the collapse you think is coming any day now in real estate. I don’t know if it will pullback, implode or just flatten out. This is fun stuff. It’s a message board, so I’ll assume everyone is awash in cash and living their best life. I’ll do my best to get by on crumbs, one nickel at a time. Good luck to you and everyone making bets. The only thing that truly matters here is our Canes. You played, started and won a national championship at Miami correct? We can both agree on this upcoming season being a special one for all of us.

Advertisement
Back