Coach Brown & more... Post Practice Presser 8/16/17

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[video=youtube_share;77DCZ2-f05I]https://youtu.be/77DCZ2-f05I[/video]
[video=youtube_share;gFJjZ2MPH2M]https://youtu.be/gFJjZ2MPH2M[/video]
[video=youtube_share;G14148TdAU0]https://youtu.be/G14148TdAU0[/video]

Advertisement
Homer's understandably underrated behind a guy like Walton, but he comes from a smart family and has strong work ethic. I expect him to surprise us this year.

I already know the jokes that will come from asking this, but what exactly is Burns's injury?

I know he had a separated shoulder awhile back, but did he have surgery, or what exactly is the extent of his injuries & is there any kind of timetable for when we can expect him to comeback?

I'm asking if anybody knows because it just seems wild to me this kid can't get healthy no matter how long he doesn't participate in practice.

Advertisement
I already know the jokes that will come from asking this, but what exactly is Burns's injury?

I know he had a separated shoulder awhile back, but did he have surgery, or what exactly is the extent of his injuries & is there any kind of timetable for when we can expect him to comeback?

I'm asking if anybody knows because it just seems wild to me this kid can't get healthy no matter how long he doesn't participate in practice.

Probably was a significant shoulder injury and they are being over precautionary so they wont injure it further through contact practices

If TGray proves that he can receive a handoff and run forward without any issues we might as well redshirt Burns and start over again next Spring. This is freakin ridiculous. Smh.

Probably was a significant shoulder injury and they are being over precautionary so they wont injure it further through contact practices

Believe he was asking if anybody KNOWS what the extent of the shoulder injury was and if there was a surgery. Not opinions, hypotheticals......
We know he has a shoulder injury. We know he is being held out of practice.
Thanks for posting LCE!

refrain from these types of posts, friend. its beyond aggravating

Advertisement

Bruh it's an assumption and logical thinking, these mfs get mad at everything... not hard to deduce why they would keep him out of fall camp contact periods

What I'm getting at is the fact he's already been ruled out for the season opener & is being talked about as a possible redshirt this year, what specifically was his injury?

What I'm basically asking is, the staff has been very vague about what's wrong with him & I'm just wondering if it was something that would keep him out for the year (potentially) why haven't they been more official with how long he'll be out?

Like if a guy tore his ACL, you wouldn't act like he could come back at any moment during the season, you would just announce he's out for the year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the staff's whole stance on Burns has been whenever he's healthy he'll play, but if they might redshirt him then why act like he might play?

Bruh it's an assumption and logical thinking, these mfs get mad at everything... not hard to deduce why they would keep him out of fall camp contact periods

giphy.gif

Advertisement
What I'm getting at is the fact he's already been ruled out for the season opener & is being talked about as a possible redshirt this year, what specifically was his injury?

What I'm basically asking is, the staff has been very vague about what's wrong with him & I'm just wondering if it was something that would keep him out for the year (potentially) why haven't they been more official with how long he'll be out?

Like if a guy tore his ACL, you wouldn't act like he could come back at any moment during the season, you would just announce he's out for the year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the staff's whole stance on Burns has been whenever he's healthy he'll play, but if they might redshirt him then why act like he might play?

Rick never gives any detailed info about injuries. He almost did the other day then caught himself and said something like "oops I hope I didn't mess up," I think he's concerned with violating privacy laws by giving out too many details.

Advertisement
Shout out to my guy [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]; dude always, and I mean always keep us w/ the media updates. Salute.

On another note, have you noticed the dramatic change in Mullins? He was so uncomfortable in interviews, didn't articulate himself that well. Now? Dude is on point, expresses himself in a very concise and confident manner. I'm really proud of him.

To any recruit or parent that comes on this board: this is difference between a small, private school that focuses on academics and sports vs. a school that focuses on sports, only. Not only will we get you paid in the league, but our professors put in work w/ the student athletes. I remember Frank came in w/ reading issues and the professors made sure he was good. If I'm not mistaken, I believe A. Hurns had some academic issues coming in, as well, and our professors took care of him and his mother. We believe in our student athletes, they are not just a piece of meat to make money for the school.

Very proud of Mullins, and I'm hoping he balls out the way I know he can.

Last edited:
I remember reading that Burns had shoulder surgery.

In fact, I went to google and searched for Robert Burns shoulder surgery and here's what I found:

*** Coach Mark Richt said that true freshman running back Robert Burns, a spring early enrollee who injured his shoulder on the first day of contact in March and had subsequent surgery, likely will not be ready for the Sept. 2 opener against Bethune-Cookman.

Rick never gives any detailed info about injuries. He almost did the other day then caught himself and said something like "oops I hope I didn't mess up," I think he's concerned with violating privacy laws by giving out too many details.
That makes sense.

Just trying to figure out the situation with Burns because it seems like it could be serious, but there's not much info on it.

Shout out to my guy [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]; dude always, and I mean always keep us w/ the media updates. Salute.

On another note, have you noticed the dramatic change in Mullins? He was so uncomfortable in interviews, didn't articulate himself that well. Now? Dude is on point, expresses himself in a very concise and confident manner. I'm really proud of him.

To any recruit or parent that comes on this board: this is difference between a small, private school that focuses on academics and sports vs. a school that focuses on sports, only. Not only will we get you paid in the league, but our professors put in work w/ the student athletes. I remember Frank came in w/ reading issues and the professors made sure he was good. If I'm not mistaken, I believe A. Hurns had some academic issues coming in, as well, and our professors took care of him and his mother. We believe in our student athletes, they are not just a piece of meat to make money for the school.

Very proud of Mullins, and I'm hoping he balls out they way I know he can.

A+ post man!

Advertisement
Back