Coach Brown & more... Post Practice Presser 8/16/17

I remember reading that Burns had shoulder surgery.

In fact, I went to google and searched for Robert Burns shoulder surgery and here's what I found:

*** Coach Mark Richt said that true freshman running back Robert Burns, a spring early enrollee who injured his shoulder on the first day of contact in March and had subsequent surgery, likely will not be ready for the Sept. 2 opener against Bethune-Cookman.
You're right I should've done the same lol

I totally forgot about that.

Advertisement
What I'm getting at is the fact he's already been ruled out for the season opener & is being talked about as a possible redshirt this year, what specifically was his injury?

What I'm basically asking is, the staff has been very vague about what's wrong with him & I'm just wondering if it was something that would keep him out for the year (potentially) why haven't they been more official with how long he'll be out?

Like if a guy tore his ACL, you wouldn't act like he could come back at any moment during the season, you would just announce he's out for the year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the staff's whole stance on Burns has been whenever he's healthy he'll play, but if they might redshirt him then why act like he might play?

Rick never gives any detailed info about injuries. He almost did the other day then caught himself and said something like "oops I hope I didn't mess up," I think he's concerned with violating privacy laws by giving out too many details.
That makes sense.

Just trying to figure out the situation with Burns because it seems like it could be serious, but there's not much info on it.

When he did that "oops" thing the other day it made sense to me why he doesn't give specific injury info. It's either a directive from UM or something that he's decided on his own. But he always dances around any specifics on injuries.

My guess, especially after his "oops" the other day, is that it's all about privacy violations and wanting to steer clear of that by being extra-careful.

In fact, I went to google and searched for Robert Burns shoulder surgery and here's what I found:

*** Coach Mark Richt said that true freshman running back Robert Burns, a spring early enrollee who injured his shoulder on the first day of contact in March and had subsequent surgery, likely will not be ready for the Sept. 2 opener against Bethune-Cookman.

disclaimer:

that was written by SMD so its veracity is automatically in question.

disclaimer:

And it's not a quote. So, it's likely something she thinks she heard.

Burns had better not redshirt. We got two guys coming in that will be passing him on the depth chart if he doesn't get healthy and get some burn this year.

unbreakable-credit-touchstone-pictures.jpg

Advertisement
Burns had better not redshirt. We got two guys coming in that will be passing him on the depth chart if he doesn't get healthy and get some burn this year.

unbreakable-credit-touchstone-pictures.jpg

Not saying you're wrong but we really have to stop doing this to ourselves, deeming every fan favorite freshman the end all be all...

What I'm getting at is the fact he's already been ruled out for the season opener & is being talked about as a possible redshirt this year, what specifically was his injury?

What I'm basically asking is, the staff has been very vague about what's wrong with him & I'm just wondering if it was something that would keep him out for the year (potentially) why haven't they been more official with how long he'll be out?

Like if a guy tore his ACL, you wouldn't act like he could come back at any moment during the season, you would just announce he's out for the year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the staff's whole stance on Burns has been whenever he's healthy he'll play, but if they might redshirt him then why act like he might play?

I would like to know the extent to his injury as well. With that said, I truly believe the staff believes that Burns is a special back, since they stayed with him despite him playing rarely during his senior season and then getting another injury early in spring. They want him completely healthy, but another injury and they'll probably move on.

Shayon Green tore his ACL 6 times and was still productive as a senior. **** this is still Shayon's team.

Patchan has torn his ACL twice and they haven't given up on him.

They should redshirt Burns and play the long game. If he can become strong enough that injuries are no longer a problem he can contribute one day.

Shayon Green tore his ACL 6 times and was still productive as a senior. **** this is still Shayon's team.

They should redshirt Burns and play the long game. If he can become strong enough that injuries are no longer a problem he can contribute one day.

The only downside to that is the more time he spends with Felder the more likely it will be that he suffers several torn ACLs.

Advertisement
Homer's understandably underrated behind a guy like Walton, but he comes from a smart family and has strong work ethic. I expect him to surprise us this year.

He shows flashes but ball security might keep rearing its ugly head.

disclaimer:

And it's not a quote. So, it's likely something she thinks she heard.

Corroborated when she saw him holding the stationary bike handle with only one hand.

The only downside to that is the more time he spends with Felder the more likely it will be that he suffers several torn ACLs.

This is good.

Advertisement

This is good.

Felder is practically an ACL woodchipper.

Shout out to my guy [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]; dude always, and I mean always keep us w/ the media updates. Salute.

On another note, have you noticed the dramatic change in Mullins? He was so uncomfortable in interviews, didn't articulate himself that well. Now? Dude is on point, expresses himself in a very concise and confident manner. I'm really proud of him.

To any recruit or parent that comes on this board: this is difference between a small, private school that focuses on academics and sports vs. a school that focuses on sports, only. Not only will we get you paid in the league, but our professors put in work w/ the student athletes. I remember Frank came in w/ reading issues and the professors made sure he was good. If I'm not mistaken, I believe A. Hurns had some academic issues coming in, as well, and our professors took care of him and his mother. We believe in our student athletes, they are not just a piece of meat to make money for the school.

Very proud of Mullins, and I'm hoping he balls out the way I know he can.

I can't upvote this post enough

I still say we need to take Curry if he wants in.... We need more bodies at HB.

Advertisement
I already know the jokes that will come from asking this, but what exactly is Burns's injury?

I know he had a separated shoulder awhile back, but did he have surgery, or what exactly is the extent of his injuries & is there any kind of timetable for when we can expect him to comeback?

I'm asking if anybody knows because it just seems wild to me this kid can't get healthy no matter how long he doesn't participate in practice.

Probably was a significant shoulder injury and they are being over precautionary so they wont injure it further through contact practices

Believe he was asking if anybody KNOWS what the extent of the shoulder injury was and if there was a surgery. Not opinions, hypotheticals......
We know he has a shoulder injury. We know he is being held out of practice.
Thanks for posting LCE!

Thanks for pointing this out to Broke, although it may really be hopeless.

Shout out to my guy [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]; dude always, and I mean always keep us w/ the media updates. Salute.

On another note, have you noticed the dramatic change in Mullins? He was so uncomfortable in interviews, didn't articulate himself that well. Now? Dude is on point, expresses himself in a very concise and confident manner. I'm really proud of him.

To any recruit or parent that comes on this board: this is difference between a small, private school that focuses on academics and sports vs. a school that focuses on sports, only. Not only will we get you paid in the league, but our professors put in work w/ the student athletes. I remember Frank came in w/ reading issues and the professors made sure he was good. If I'm not mistaken, I believe A. Hurns had some academic issues coming in, as well, and our professors took care of him and his mother. We believe in our student athletes, they are not just a piece of meat to make money for the school.

Very proud of Mullins, and I'm hoping he balls out the way I know he can.

This helped too.

[TWEET]896771987829403652[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Back