Coach Brown & more... Post Practice Presser 8/16/17

Its going to be difficult to Red shirt Burns, just don't have the numbers. 1 injury away from needing him to play some

Advertisement
Burns had better not redshirt. We got two guys coming in that will be passing him on the depth chart if he doesn't get healthy and get some burn this year.

unbreakable-credit-touchstone-pictures.jpg
whether he redshirted or gets burn he'll get better...the best defense he'll see arguably all year will be on the same practice field as he is. Not worried about whether he gets garbage time in blowouts or redshirts. It's Walton and Homers time right now anyway

Homer's hs tape reminds me a lot of Ryan Mathews, who also had and has a tendency to put the ball on the ground.

What I'm getting at is the fact he's already been ruled out for the season opener & is being talked about as a possible redshirt this year, what specifically was his injury?

What I'm basically asking is, the staff has been very vague about what's wrong with him & I'm just wondering if it was something that would keep him out for the year (potentially) why haven't they been more official with how long he'll be out?

Like if a guy tore his ACL, you wouldn't act like he could come back at any moment during the season, you would just announce he's out for the year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the staff's whole stance on Burns has been whenever he's healthy he'll play, but if they might redshirt him then why act like he might play?

Rick never gives any detailed info about injuries. He almost did the other day then caught himself and said something like "oops I hope I didn't mess up," I think he's concerned with violating privacy laws by giving out too many details.
That makes sense.

Just trying to figure out the situation with Burns because it seems like it could be serious, but there's not much info on it.

As you know now, he had shoulder surgery. Most shoulders take 6 months before they are close to 100%. Surgery was during the spring so he likely wasn't allowed to do anything other than walk, swim, or ride a training bike for the first 3 months. He then was likely cleared to run but not lift heavy. He likely will get cleared for contact and heavy lifting around the same time which should be month 5-6 depending on how well he recovers and how much hardware was used or work they had to do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back