CMR job security

Advertisement
If he has not loss the team he has two more years to make something happen. Look at how hard it was to get rid of Golden. Granted we have a better President now but last year we were THE talk of college football for much of the season. If the stadium starts being empty and season ticket renewals crash for next season then next year might be do or die.

Mork Rich has 100%job security.

This. You don't garner the reputation for having THE worst administration in college football by accident.

Hired Coker, prematurely extended Coker, and then proceeded to wait too long to fire Coker
Hired Shannon, prematurely extended Shannon, and then proceeded to wait too long to fire Shannon
Hired Golden, prematurely extended Golden, and then proceeded to wait too long to fire Golden
Hired Richt, prematurely extended Richt, and now have zero intention on every putting any pressure on the man.

We're ****ed, with 37 penises.

Advertisement
Our failure is due to not making our lines on both sides of the ball a recruiting priority like we did with the other positions.it all starts upfront and its like the last two years we didn't know our oline wasn't trash.bad oline and bad qb play is what's hampering us know.and it doesn't help when your hc keeps trying the same plays that never work against a good defense.a good oline coach is worth his weight in gold cause can't just bring in someone and just plug them in.have recruit and develope a good oline.takes 2-3 yrs to build one from scratch and that fellas is where we are stuck at.

He did all of that and yet can't deliver on the field(which matters in the end). I actually think time is starting to tick on him. I don't see him getting fired just yet but things are building up for a huge backlash. We are seeing that play out right now. When the stadium starts to become empty again and he completely loses the fanbase he will be gone.

MG.jpg

Advertisement
Just about.

Attendance/Ticket sells are high then it ever has been.
Raised money for a IPF and Facilities.
Winning at a solid level on the field (Not good enough to win a championship though)

Miami will settle for Richt. We're stuck watching awffense for who knows how long. Worse part is he probably thinks his play calling and lack of creativity while being unbelievably predictable isn't the problem.

There is one mistake Miami can no longer make and that is: Do not fire a coach without a backup plan. It has done this with every firing. Georgia did not. It knew Kirby Smart was interested in returning. Richt wasn't even saying yes to us until he got fired.

If we have some hot shot coach with legit talent and wants to move to Coral Gables, great. But don't lower the boom until he exists.

I dont want a Trestman, Golden, Edsal choice again.

He ain’t going nowhere. I don’t want him fired, I want a modern offense, and if to have that, we need to hire an OC, so be it. And for Pete’s sake, Rozier should in no way or form see the field. Depth chart should be Perry, Williams, DJ Dallas, 4 a and b Rozier/Auggie Dubois.

He’s not getting fired. And I’m a guy who never accepted “he’s not getting fired” when people used to make that claim when I wanted Coker, Shannon and Folden fired. Rick is about as untouchable as they get.

We better hope he has a sudden epiphany about hiring the right OC, or that he retires in a couple years.

Question: Is anyone in is anyone on here fvckin or getting fvcked by Blake’s wife?
We need inside information.

Advertisement
Richt should be given the chance to make adjustments during the off-season. If he doesn’t, and the team continues to regress, then that’s when his seat will get unbearably hot.
here we go again ..... we have been down the "Golden Road" before. five long years of bull**** .

This would be an interesting deep dive with the fan base turning on him so quickly. He has brought fans back into the stands which is something neither of the previous coaches were able to do. He's been able to land some top South Florida recruits more consistently that the previous coaches couldn't and often got played by. He's helped secure a state of the art Indoor Practice Facility, something the previous coaches could of only dreamed of. He's only convinced the University to spend money on him and his staff going against it's typical ways. With all of that he's created a buzz around this team, city and made becoming a Miami Hurricane cool again. So, with all of that momentum how is he evaluated when the team from the eye test and results just isn't getting an better often looking worse? Last year he found ways to win games ugly/late that the previous coaches couldn't and many fans were so desperate they ignored the actual product only focusing on the result. (@UNC last year is a prime example). Now this year he brings in a monster class, pushes out another Golden class and the returners get another year under their belt yet it's not hard to tell from the product or results that all of our off the field momentum just isn't carrying over to the field. Would love to know how the big money boosters and decision makers are feeling going into Boston College as a 2.5 point underdog.

Your first sentence sorta killed your post, babe.

Advertisement
Richt has brought top recruits back, but the Big Donor folks who engineered the firing of Golden didn’t expect this kind of slide since the VA game last year. This program hasn’t been competitive against anyone in Power 5 and it shows. Changes apparently need to be forced from above.

I’ll give Butch this much, when his defense wasn’t working out, he didn’t dig in his heels, he fired his coordinator and hired a new one. Richt is resisting change, and that’s a troubling sign.
Didn't we win the ACC Coastal last year and, unless the wheels completely fall off, we have a chance of winning it again this year?

Last time I checked the ACC was Power 5.

Didn't we win the ACC Coastal last year and, unless the wheels completely fall off, we have a chance of winning it again this year?

Last time I checked the ACC was Power 5.
We've only won 2 of the last 7 power 5 games. Against garbage UNC and garbage FSU

Advertisement
Back