CMR job security

ball915

All-American
This would be an interesting deep dive with the fan base turning on him so quickly. He has brought fans back into the stands which is something neither of the previous coaches were able to do. He's been able to land some top South Florida recruits more consistently that the previous coaches couldn't and often got played by. He's helped secure a state of the art Indoor Practice Facility, something the previous coaches could of only dreamed of. He's only convinced the University to spend money on him and his staff going against it's typical ways. With all of that he's created a buzz around this team, city and made becoming a Miami Hurricane cool again. So, with all of that momentum how is he evaluated when the team from the eye test and results just isn't getting an better often looking worse? Last year he found ways to win games ugly/late that the previous coaches couldn't and many fans were so desperate they ignored the actual product only focusing on the result. (@UNC last year is a prime example). Now this year he brings in a monster class, pushes out another Golden class and the returners get another year under their belt yet it's not hard to tell from the product or results that all of our off the field momentum just isn't carrying over to the field. Would love to know how the big money boosters and decision makers are feeling going into Boston College as a 2.5 point underdog.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt has brought top recruits back, but the Big Donor folks who engineered the firing of Golden didn’t expect this kind of slide since the VA game last year. This program hasn’t been competitive against anyone in Power 5 and it shows. Changes apparently need to be forced from above.

I’ll give Butch this much, when his defense wasn’t working out, he didn’t dig in his heels, he fired his coordinator and hired a new one. Richt is resisting change, and that’s a troubling sign.

Mork Rich has 100%job security.

Just about.

Attendance/Ticket sells are high then it ever has been.
Raised money for a IPF and Facilities.
Winning at a solid level on the field (Not good enough to win a championship though)

Miami will settle for Richt. We're stuck watching awffense for who knows how long. Worse part is he probably thinks his play calling and lack of creativity while being unbelievably predictable isn't the problem.

Just about.

Attendance/Ticket sells are high then it ever has been.
Raised money for a IPF and other things.
Winning at a solid level on the field (Not good enough to win a championship)

Miami will settle for Richt. We're stuck watching awffense for who knows how long. Worse part is he probably thinks his play calling and lack of creativity while being unbelievable predictable isn't the problem.

No probably about it.

"We ran things we thought would succeed and they didn’t. And why they didn’t succeed, we’ll see. Most of the time when you look at the tape it’s a matter of somebody or a couple of guys not getting their job done, normally.

“Are there some plays that we could call that would give us a better chance? I’m certain of that, but we call plays that we worked hard on, believed in and have had success over the last 30 years, so I feel pretty good about them going in

The guy won the coastal last year, won the Walter Camp award last year, donated 1 million for IPF. He is going no where the admin absolutely loves him.

Advertisement
Hahaha sorry ACC coach of the year.

tenor.gif

just a bit. My brother was telling me that Gurley won the Walter camp award and I was telling him that not one Georgia player has ever won the award.

Advertisement
The guy won the coastal last year, won the Walter Camp award last year, donated 1 million for IPF. He is going no where the admin absolutely loves him.
Despite the typo this is 100% correct and to think otherwise is a waste of effort

Richt should be given the chance to make adjustments during the off-season.

No disrespect but this was obvious and known last off-season. The offense regressed last year and the same issues were occurring.

Even when given the opportunity to add a coach, Richt went with a defensive guy.

No disrespect but this was obvious and known last off-season. The offense regressed last year and the same issues were occurring.

Even when given the opportunity to add a coach, Richt went with a defensive guy.
All valid points. I think our record masked a lot last year.

Advertisement
Miami will settle for Richt. We're stuck watching awffense for who knows how long. Worse part is he probably thinks his play calling and lack of creativity while being unbelievably predictable isn't the problem.

Well considering he

1. Made ZERO changes on offense after his regression on O last year,
2. Continues to employ his son as an actual coach, and
3. When given the opportunity to add a coach, he choose the side that needed the least amount of help...

I'd say we're stuck waiting. This was way too obvious last off-season.

Advertisement
Back