Close of Thomas and smith at wr would be?

Serious question.... Do we truly believe the combination of Smith/Thomas is better than Holloman/Juedy? Opinions....

Easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even close. Holloman is pretty good but he's no where near Thomas, smith and jeudy. To me based on production thomas and smith are clear cut 1 and 2. Jeudy could be 2 but smith simply has produced a lot more than him in the actual games on Friday nights. Holloman has talent but I don't think he's elite

LOL. If Jeudy committed to UM he would top your list.

You'd say his measurables put him above the slighter Thomas.

Who would? Thomas easily is the most dynamic player in the 2017 class

Advertisement
I have a bad feeling Thomas will go to Oregon

I saw somewhere on twitter that his top 3 are Miami, Louisville, and Tennessee. I also saw something yesterday that he is no longer considering Tennessee from some sportswriter. So, I'm not sure if Oregon is really in the picture anymore. I think it's a Louisville and Miami battle.

Advertisement
I have a bad feeling Thomas will go to Oregon

I saw somewhere on twitter that his top 3 are Miami, Louisville, and Tennessee. I also saw something yesterday that he is no longer considering Tennessee from some sportswriter. So, I'm not sure if Oregon is really in the picture anymore. I think it's a Louisville and Miami battle.

Correct, except he's not considering Louisville, either, IMO

He's visiting Oregon next weekend so you'd have to imagine Louisville is out of it considering they most likely aren't going to get an OV from him.

Lol at saying Smith/Thomas are better than a Holloman/Jeudy duo lol. I like Thomas and Smith but Jesus Christ some of you are delusional. Having said that, finishing with a Thomas and Smith finish would be amazing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol at saying Smith/Thomas are better than a Holloman/Jeudy duo lol. I like Thomas and Smith but Jesus Christ some of you are delusional. Having said that, finishing with a Thomas and Smith finish would be amazing.

Lol at saying Smith/Thomas are better than a Holloman/Jeudy duo lol. I like Thomas and Smith but Jesus Christ some of you are delusional.

Go look at the film

I've watched all 4.... not just highlights either. Jeudy and Holloman are better. If I had to rank them, I'd go....

1.) Jeudy
2.) Thomas
3.) Holloman
4.) Smith
Idk about that man

DS3 Senior Highlights (offense) - DeVonta Smith highlights - Hudl

Lol at saying Smith/Thomas are better than a Holloman/Jeudy duo lol. I like Thomas and Smith but Jesus Christ some of you are delusional.

I think Jerry is better, but his south Florida diva mentality puts him at a disadvantage next to Thomas. South Florida kids are crowned way too early in the process, which IMO slows down their work ethic or desire to be better than the next guy. SF kids ain't trying to hear a kid in the Midwest might be better, so they just focus in the competition around them.

Meanwhile guys in east St. Louis are grinding everyday just to get a piece of the national spotlight. That is why Thomas out performed Jeudy and everyone else in games like the UA AAG.

This is all my opinion and I could be wrong. But that's how it looks like to me.

If Thomas decides to comes to Miami, he will continue working just as hard because we don't have that "Bama" it factor (for now) where once again you are crowned way too early in the process.

If you notice in the NFL, when the starting lineup is announcing what school they went to, a lot of guys comes from small programs or lower tier P5 programs. It's amazing what playing with a chip on your shoulder will do for work ethic (studying film/play book ect.)

The same can be said for McFarland, DJ, Njuko and so on. Those kids love the U more than a lot of the homegrown talent. Shame

Go look at the film

I've watched all 4.... not just highlights either. Jeudy and Holloman are better. If I had to rank them, I'd go....

1.) Jeudy
2.) Thomas
3.) Holloman
4.) Smith
Idk about that man

Smith has more wiggle than I thought. Effortless runner, impressive.

Advertisement

I saw Jeudy be a non factor in the UA game and saw Thomas be uncoverable. Just saying.

Go look at the film

1.) Jeudy
2.) Thomas
3.) Holloman
4.) Smith
Idk about that man

Smith has more wiggle than I thought. Effortless runner, impressive.

Plays good on defense too. He's a ballhawk and will go up and get the ball. He certainly can add some weight but that will come. He already has elite ball skills imo

Advertisement

I think Jerry is better, but his south Florida diva mentality puts him at a disadvantage next to Thomas. South Florida kids are crowned way too early in the process, which IMO slows down their work ethic or desire to be better than the next guy. SF kids ain't trying to hear a kid in the Midwest might be better, so they just focus in the competition around them.

Meanwhile guys in east St. Louis are grinding everyday just to get a piece of the national spotlight. That is why Thomas out performed Jeudy and everyone else in games like the UA AAG.

This is all my opinion and I could be wrong. But that's how it looks like to me.

If Thomas decides to comes to Miami, he will continue working just as hard because we don't have that "Bama" it factor (for now) where once again you are crowned way too early in the process.

If you notice in the NFL, when the starting lineup is announcing what school they went to, a lot of guys comes from small programs or lower tier P5 programs. It's amazing what playing with a chip on your shoulder will do for work ethic (studying film/play book ect.)

The same can be said for McFarland, DJ, Njuko and so on. Those kids love the U more than a lot of the homegrown talent. Shame

This is just spin.

Amari and Calvin were SFla studs that went to the "it" program and have proven to be studs. As we used to say when tha Canes were the dominant program, come here, work hard, compete with the best, and you will become the best player you can be. It worked for us then and it's been working for Saban since his return to Alabama.

the best since we got streeter, Johnson and Benjamin.

Last year may be better.

Bruce, Richards, Mullins, and Harris
Vs
Johnson, Streeter, TB, thompkins, and Collier

Land smith, njoku, Harley, Thomas then and get Thomas in to school & playing then we can talk.

Let's be real Richards is better than that entire class

This is just spin.

Amari and Calvin were SFla studs that went to the "it" program and have proven to be studs. As we used to say when tha Canes were the dominant program, come here, work hard, compete with the best, and you will become the best player you can be. It worked for us then and it's been working for Saban since his return to Alabama.

That's fair..you make a good point.

I just think those were different times and the pitch of "come here and compete" was after we shined light on south Florida's talent. Back then our kids in Miami and broward didn't have the divaness they have now. They were inner city kids playing with a chip.

We gave a lot of kids the opportunity traditional power house programs didn't. They came here and dominated.

Thanks to our early success, the kids now a days in south Florida are being poached in record numbers which have lead to their diva syndrome. We need to do like the African national parks and set up rangers to stop these poachers from coming in. Shoot on site..starting with Nick Sabag.

Advertisement
Back