Close of Thomas and smith at wr would be?

the best since we got streeter, Johnson and Benjamin.

Last year may be better.

Bruce, Richards, Mullins, and Harris
Vs
Johnson, Streeter, TB, thompkins, and Collier

Land smith, njoku, Harley, Thomas then and get Thomas in to school & playing then we can talk.

Advertisement
Serious question.... Do we truly believe the combination of Smith/Thomas is better than Holloman/Juedy? Opinions....

Easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even close. Holloman is pretty good but he's no where near Thomas, smith and jeudy. To me based on production thomas and smith are clear cut 1 and 2. Jeudy could be 2 but smith simply has produced a lot more than him in the actual games on Friday nights. Holloman has talent but I don't think he's elite

Advertisement
I personally thing Jeudy is a tad over rated. I think he's more in the Ridley range than the Cooper, Richards. Still a big loss don't get me wrong... but I don't think it's going to be quite as painful as watching Cooper become their entire offense

Yes, I would take Thomas and Smith over Jeudy and Hollowman. Call it sacrilege or whatever, but I'm not as enamored with Jeudy as many appear to be. He has potential, but he has to produce on the field more. He looks great in one on one's in practice, but doesn't put up the numbers in games. I honestly feel if he wasn't local, he'd be put in the Holloman category of very good prospect, but not can't miss or elite.

Advertisement
You know devonta smith is as highly rated or just plain higher in basically every scouting service.
And thomas is clearly better than holloman.

Losing jeudy still sucks but getting smith and thomas cant be seen as anything but a great haul

Harry Beudy is similar to Harley the way he kills it in shorts and tshirt and tends to disappear in games. Those two have mastered the workout circuit like Artur Sitkowski.

Lights go on, pads come on, and you can no longer pull a Lou Ski Cutty Carr Soul Train quadruple move to get open, and Beudy and Harley come back down to earth.

Thomas's game clearly translates to the ball field. He's the most electric and potentially productive of the whole group.

To the OP, it's what it should be for a program like UM. Our recruiting base produces top talent like that at the skill position every year - literally. No reason we should not have at least two of them in every class. Take this year where you have Pouncey, Jeudas, Harley, Grimes, etc. We're not going to get them all, but no reason we can't have at least two.

As it turns out, I'm thinking that unless Richt and crew fumbles we have the inside track on those two (Thomas and Smith) and Harley is seeming like more of a possibility. No reason we can't get two of the three plus Pouncey. Plenty of balls to go around for a program committed to a real passing game.

Advertisement
Alabama has a 2017 projected depth chart for next year

WR-X Calvin Ridley Robert Foster
WR-Z Cam Sims Derek Kief
WR-H Trevon Diggs Jerrry Jeudy

No mention of Smith

WR-Z Cam Sims Derek Kief

No mention of Smith
Smith isn't on their depth chart prior to enrolling? Cane lock.

Advertisement

WR-Z Cam Sims Derek Kief

No mention of Smith

No summer 2017 enrollees were on the list, and it was based on commitments anyways

Serious question.... Do we truly believe the combination of Smith/Thomas is better than Holloman/Juedy? Opinions....

Easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even close. Holloman is pretty good but he's no where near Thomas, smith and jeudy. To me based on production thomas and smith are clear cut 1 and 2. Jeudy could be 2 but smith simply has produced a lot more than him in the actual games on Friday nights. Holloman has talent but I don't think he's elite

LOL. If Jeudy committed to UM he would top your list.

You'd say his measurables put him above the slighter Thomas.

Advertisement
Back