Clock Managment

Are we seriously complaining that we didn't run the world famous Al Golden prevent offense? ***** that score and worry about the clock later.

No you bleed the clock and then score. Defense needed more rest and offense was having their way running. Should've been about 48 sec for their last drive.

Well since we know how it ended I’m comfortable telling you your wrong

Advertisement
Our running game sucked...hard to milk the clock when you can’t run.
I had no problem with it becuase the score was going to make it an 8 point lead so worst case we
Are tied with a chance at to win.

Are we seriously complaining that we didn't run the world famous Al Golden prevent offense? ***** that score and worry about the clock later.

No you bleed the clock and then score. Defense needed more rest and offense was having their way running. Should've been about 48 sec for their last drive.

I'm not wrong, it just worked out. They drove right down the field on our tired defense and had to get a sack and penalty to stop the opportunity for a tying TD and 2pt conversion, if we had bled the clock, it would've been over. Either way, I'll take the W.

Why do you listen to the announcers??

We had them on there heels.
We ran our offense.
We scored.
We stopped them.
We won.

Advertisement
Richt's late-game play-calling has been brilliant the past three weeks. We've scored four touchdowns with approximately 5 minutes to go each time. That's four touchdowns in 15 minutes of play.
Each time our opponents' defense has been left huffing and puffing.
Those mat drills are paying off big time.

I'm not wrong, it just worked out. They drove right down the field on our tired defense and had to get a sack and penalty to stop the opportunity for a tying TD and 2pt conversion, if we had bled the clock, it would've been over. Either way, I'll take the W.

Drove right down the field? They never crossed midfield after Homer clinched the game.

Advertisement

Are you a fu&$king ******?

I was totally in agreement with playing fast in that situation. Our O was fresher than their D. We went 85 yards and scored the game winning TD on that drive.

Richt played to win, not not-to-lose

This. The hurry up did 2 things on that drive.

1) Syracuse didn't have time to dial anything up defensively. On Homer's TD they had 5, maybe 6, guys in the box. We win that everytime.

2) Wore down a Syracuse defense that had nothing left in the tank.

Those of you b!tching about clock management are assuming we would've scored if we huddled and milked the clock. And I think there's plenty of evidence to say otherwise. We are better in the hurry up, and there was 4:30 left (an eternity in CFB). Go to your strength and go win the fvckin game. Great management by Richt and the staff.

We've been begging for an aggressive coaching staff and now we have it - and our fans still aren't happy. Not surprised.

Advertisement
I like the aggressive play final UM scoring drive but by my count UM left 1:30 on the clock by snapping the ball with time remaining on the play clock. Remember, this was still an 8 point game after UM scored leaving Cuse 2 minutes. That's poor clock management and bad situational football.

I had no issues with how richt handle that. We were up by one point. You treat that like a tie and go for the kill

It was the correct management. Played aggressive to score. If we played like Gluten running the clock for a FG with a minute left you all would be screaming about that. We had two time outs iirc and worst case if they score on your gassed D we have some time and opportunity to steal it on a final drive.

Advertisement
Folks in my section were screaming for the O to slow down. My response was that maybe the coaches felt the offense was better when playing in rhythm and, at that point, it seemed like it because we were moving. I was concerned about leaving too much time on the clock because Cuse was moving up and down the field on us, but we needed to score -- so you do that and worry about the other stuff later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks in my section were screaming for the O to slow down. My response was that maybe the coaches felt the offense was better when playing in rhythm and, at that point, it seemed like it because we were moving. I was concerned about leaving too much time on the clock because Cuse was moving up and down the field on us, but we needed to score -- so you do that and worry about the other stuff later.

I was concerned as well. But in hindsight I think Richt played the situation correctly and that's why he makes millions while we throw around cliche football practices on a message board.

I was concerned as well. But in hindsight I think Richt played the situation correctly and that's why he makes millions while we throw around cliche football practices on a message board.

Truth.

Being smart does not = loser play.

Earlier, we bypassed a FGa on a crappy field for a failed 4th and 3.

We had the lead, the ball and ~5 minutes left to play. Why not get 1st downs but also take time off the clock (especially when you can - we snapped the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock numerous times)? Force SU to call timeout. That's football 101.

Advertisement
Back