Clinton Portis Talks to Miami Football Team

weak. it was all about him and no substantive message imho. lack of energy and focus also.

He certainly used himself as the example, which is fine. He's a former football player, not a motivational speaker.

And you're dead wrong about not having a message, which was clearly stated: none of you is a back-up, so be ready when your number is called.

Advertisement
What CP did at the U and in the league demands respect. His message to our players was what it took for him to be his best and one that they definitely need to hear. The next man up mentality is important especially for this team as we move forward thru this season. CP came to deliver a message and he did just that. Love it when guys like that take the time to give back to the U. GO CANES

Maybe I am stupid and biased, but where else could you see things like this video?

What other programs can say these things?

Why do you think that Miami offer is so special?

Advertisement
bet those who rose there hands are going beast mode in practice now... me thinks al might've asked CP to talk about the smoke/drank

Advertisement
weak. it was all about him and no substantive message imho. lack of energy and focus also.
11.gif

Man []_[] you missed the entire point....he was trying to instill in them a mindset and a approach about how to go to the next level
and be successful in life...

That was an awesome video and definitely something I will think of in my own personal approaches in goals and in life...NO WHAT IF's but RIGHT NOW

Shannon and Coker didnt recruit enough nags. Can't create a nag either. You are either wired that way or you aren't. Hopefully Al finds more nags and lets the culture spread more and more....

Advertisement
First time I saw duke run his soph year I called him clinton portis.

Smaller backs with vicious cuts and love delivering the boom..only think duke is missin is cp crouched running motion to absorb big hits

great speach very motivational i dont know how you can neg it he just had his original swag turned on go canes

" you dunno how close you are to where you wanna be and you dunno how close you are too the end" man if that opening statement can't motivate you, then good luck...

Advertisement
Duke looked like he was standing next to god. He was scared ****less.

****** love this team. No other fan base gets exposed to stuff like this. This kind of stuff makes me proud of the University that I root for. Love the Miami Hurricanes.

CP is the man, I remember how he would ride Willis calling him soft and a momas boy. These kids need to hear it from guys they lookup to. That is the beauty of The U, there is a never ending list of former pro bowlers available to talk to these kids.

Advertisement
Back