Last edited:
Advertisement
"How many of ya'll are backups?"

"Half the room raises its hand"

"That's a problem"

Bless you Portis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When I moved to Denver it was Portis' rookie year. A reporter asked Shanny if Portis was big enough to handle the punishment and Shanny said, "I don't know. We haven't been able to tackle him in practice."

Sure looks big enough now. Hard to believe he entered the NFL just a biscuit heavier than Duke is right now.

CP is who Duke reminds me of the most. Duke might have a little more speed and a better stiff arm than CP.

Advertisement
excellent speech by CP. He didn't even have to say anything in my opinion. Just the fact that at the U, having old legends hanging around every once in a while is huge for the players

Advertisement
weak. it was all about him and no substantive message imho. lack of energy and focus also.
Negged

307.gif

Last edited:
weak. it was all about him and no substantive message imho. lack of energy and focus also.

I think a former player (especially one as successful as CP) sharing his experiences of failure and success with kids holds a lot more meaning and substance than having a guy run in there screaming about the 80's and swag and how you gotta protect the U and all that silly rhetoric.

The idea that you should never accept yourself as a backup was as powerful a message any former player can send to a current one.

Advertisement
Back