Clint Hurtt: Promoted to DC for the Seattle Seahawks

Oh boy, I never saw THAT. Did someone actually go there? I don't care how good or bad Hurtt is, no one will continuously make me kick my neighbor's dog like Dorito.
Don't feed the troll.

Advertisement
****. ****** we missed him. Everyone knows that if you get a coordinator job in the league, you’re absolutely a Lombardi/Halas clone and there’s no chance at all that you’ll be anything less than stellar. Thats why there’s never any coaching movement in the NFL. When you get a job, you’re great at it and stay there until you die. It’s much like a Supreme Court Justice. Very similar roles.
NFL coaches >>>>>>> College Football coaches

Saban, Urban Meyer, Lane Kiffin, and Petrine all failed in the NFL.

Jimmy Johnson and Jim Harbaugh are the only college coaches to jump from college to the pros (with no previous pro coaching experience beforehand) and be very successful.

Does getting hired to be a coordinator in the NFL mean you’re an elite coach? Carroll hired Norton before him and he was god awful. Nfl Coaches make dumb hires all the time and this is probably another one. Pete will be gone very soon

Hurtt stinks! He’s been in the NFL for 8 years, and the only thing he’s good at is getting promoted at every job he takes. Seattle promoted him to DC to keep from ruining their DL even further. No better than a HS coach!

And he’s certainly too terrible and not good enough to coach for the Canes or the college game. Thank God we didn’t hire him
Ken Norton kept getting promoted and look what happened. Jon Richt was coaching in the nfl. Maurice Drayton the Packers special teams coach kept getting promoted until he got exposed

Advertisement
Ken Norton kept getting promoted and look what happened. Jon Richt was coaching in the nfl. Maurice Drayton the Packers special teams coach kept getting promoted until he got exposed
Ken Norton Jr coached in the NFL for 12 years for two franchises. 12 years in that league = tenure. You don’t keep an NFL job for that long and not be good at your job. He’s not picking the players and great coaches are only as good as the talent. Seattles issues are a personnel issue…that’s on the GM.

Excellent NFL coaches get fired all the time.

Andy Reid- Fired
Doug Peterson - Fired
Bill Belicheck - Fired
Pete Carroll - Fired
Dan Quinn - Fired

Richt basically had an internship with buffalo, as a favor to his dad and it was a 1 year gig.

Hurtt has coached in the NFL for 8 years for two different franchises and keeps getting promoted, and that means he’s one of the best defensive coaches in the world.

NFL coaches >>>>>>> College Football coaches

Saban, Urban Meyer, Lane Kiffin, and Petrine all failed in the NFL.

Jimmy Johnson and Jim Harbaugh are the only college coaches to jump from college to the pros (with no previous pro coaching experience beforehand) and be very successful.

LMAO. You continue to somehow standout in this drool-cup wearing cesspool as an extra special dumbass. I’m actually kinda impressed. WOAT gonna WOAT, I shouldn’t be surprised.

LMAO. You continue to somehow standout in this drool-cup wearing cesspool as an extra special dumbass. I’m actually kinda impressed. WOAT gonna WOAT, I shouldn’t be surprised.
This is a mean thing to say to me, sir. You need to apologize.

And why are you hating on the great jimmy Johnson? He is one of only two college coaches to find success in the NFL. I’m shocked you find that funny.

He is in the mt Rushmore of coaches. His only mistake as a coach was playing Vinny and not starting Geoff Torretta in the fiesta bowl. If he started Toretta, Vinny wouldn’t have had the opportunity to intentionally throw that game, and we wouldve won by 3 TDs

Finally, Hurtt and Dorsey can get some playcalling exp.

Advertisement
Ken Norton Jr coached in the NFL for 12 years for two franchises. 12 years in that league = tenure. You don’t keep an NFL job for that long and not be good at your job. He’s not picking the players and great coaches are only as good as the talent. Seattles issues are a personnel issue…that’s on the GM.

Andy Reid- Fired
Doug Peterson - Fired
Bill Belicheck - Fired
Pete Carroll - Fired
Dan Quinn - Fired

Richt basically had an internship with buffalo, as a favor to his dad and it was a 1 year gig.

Hurtt has coached in the NFL for 8 years for two different franchises and keeps getting promoted, and that means he’s one of the best defensive coaches in the world.
That’s where you’re wrong. People who aren’t good at their job are hired and kept all the time in the real world. If you talk a good game and you’re personable you can keep your job as a position coach because your lack of coaching is not readily exposable. Once he became a DC and had to call plays and game plan he got exposed badly. There’s been some terrible coaches who have been hired as OC’s and DC’s in the NFL that I wouldn’t want coaching a middle school team

This is a mean thing to say to me, sir. You need to apologize.

And why are you hating on the great jimmy Johnson? He is one of only two college coaches to find success in the NFL. I’m shocked you find that funny.

He is in the mt Rushmore of coaches. His only mistake as a coach was playing Vinny and not starting Geoff Torretta in the fiesta bowl. If he started Toretta, Vinny wouldn’t have had the opportunity to intentionally throw that game, and we wouldve won by 3 TDs

Andy Reid- Fired
Doug Peterson - Fired
Bill Belicheck - Fired
Pete Carroll - Fired
Dan Quinn - Fired

Seahawks had more than enough talent not to be that awful on defense under Norton. If their defense had done well you wouldn’t be going “he had nothing to do with it it was the personnel” so miss me with that whole blaming the players nonsense.

Andy Reid- Fired
Doug Peterson - Fired
Bill Belicheck - Fired
Pete Carroll - Fired
Dan Quinn - Fired

Paul Gunther has been coaching in the nfl for 20 years he was awful as DC for the Bengals and then for the Raiders and still got hired again by another nfl team. You can absolutely coach on the nfl for many years without being able to call plays to save your life

That’s where you’re wrong. People who aren’t good at their job are hired and kept all the time in the real world. If you talk a good game and you’re personable you can keep your job as a position coach because your lack of coaching is not readily exposable. Once he became a DC and had to call plays and game plan he got exposed badly. There’s been some terrible coaches who have been hired as OC’s and DC’s in the NFL that I wouldn’t want coaching a middle school team
Nah, you don’t keep a job of that caliber for 12 years because you merely “talk a good game”.

And he was a DC for 7 full years, sir…including 3 years as the DC for the Raiders. So, in your mind, you believe he “talked a good game” for 7 years as a DC, for two different franchises?

Say that out loud and see if it makes sense.

He’s not managing a furniture store or a car dealership! There are only 32 of those DC jobs in the NFL, in one of the most watched sports on earth, which makes it amongst the rarest, toughest to do, and hardest jobs to get on the planet! Millions of people want that job….you don’t “talk your way” into holding a job like that for 7 years, sir.

Advertisement
Paul Gunther has been coaching in the nfl for 20 years he was awful as DC for the Bengals and then for the Raiders and still got hired again by another nfl team. You can absolutely coach on the nfl for many years without being able to call plays to save your life
This is nonsense. Guenther is a very good coach. You need players. He had no talent to work with

He’s still in the NFL for a reason. The NFL gets rid of bad coaches really fast

. His only mistake as a coach was playing Vinny and not starting Geoff Torretta in the fiesta bowl. If he started Toretta, Vinny wouldn’t have had the opportunity to intentionally throw that game, and we wouldve won by 3 TDs
^Thread just got interesting.

Advertisement
^Thread just got interesting.
We all heard the whispers of Vinny throwing the Fiesta bowl. Those rumors have been out there for 35 years. It no secret. Plus, he was coming off the moped accident.

Toretta has played well the game Vinny missed (I think he threw for close to 400 yards) and JJ should’ve sat Vinny in the fiesta. We would’ve win that game easily with Toretta at QB. Or JJ should’ve benched Vinny during the second half after seeing what we all saw the first half (calling audibles and throwing INTs). It looked fixed, and JJ should’ve pulled him.

Vinny might’ve thrown the Sugar Bowl game against Tennessee too.

We all heard the whispers of Vinny throwing the Fiesta bowl. Those rumors have been out there for 35 years. It no secret. Plus, he was coming off the moped accident.

Toretta has played well the game Vinny missed (I think he threw for close to 400 yards) and JJ should’ve sat Vinny in the fiesta. We would’ve win that game easily with Toretta at QB. Or JJ should’ve benched Vinny during the second half after seeing what we all saw the first half (calling audibles and throwing INTs). It looked
GIF by The Guardian
fixed, and JJ should’ve pulled him.

Vinny might’ve thrown the Sugar Bowl game against Tennessee too.

Amazing how Hurtt and Dorsey weren't "good enough" for some on this board to be a Coordinator here, but the NFL happily thinks so :)
Clint Hurtt paid his dues and learned the defensive game at the highest level. He just wasn't their favorite like kind. Schumann is just a lb coach and never called plays, yet he a genius. Manny Diaz was a DC and D'Frito, yet Hurtt not deemed good enough. ***** them! They always use some intangible BS to discredit brothers.

Advertisement
Back