Clemson winning proves

rickross

Recruit
That the spread offense is the way to go for miami this the second year in a row clemson has made bama defense look silly.hope all you stuck in the 90s canes fans get with the times and look to the future. Go canes

Advertisement
If you are correct, we have a problem because, although we may use the spread on occasion, it wont be our primary offense.

I think we will see a lot of that with Perry or Weldon (had to .mention Weldon cause I might get attacked on Here)

Advertisement
But Pitt beat Clemson witn a pro-style offense and we beat Pitt with the same so CLEARLY by the power of the transitive property and Grayskull THAT is the only way to go.

nor do you need to be highly ranked (top 5) in recruiting each year. Past 4 years they averaged in the top 10 (13, 12, 8, 7) in ESPN rankings. Bama has pretty much had the number 1 rated classes past 3 of the last 4 years. Last year were at 2.

if alabama could throw worth a **** then we'd be talking about how smashmouth football plus 2 gap defense is the way to go

Advertisement
Miami OL is definitely suited to run spread... They're just not strong enough for a power game... ..we were at our best running it even with a pro-style QB...Just think how good we could be with mobility?

nor do you need to be highly ranked (top 5) in recruiting each year. Past 4 years they averaged in the top 10 (13, 12, 8, 7) in ESPN rankings. Bama has pretty much had the number 1 rated classes past 3 of the last 4 years. Last year were at 2.

I get what you're saying about their overall class rankings but Clemson's offense has been dependent on their 4* and 5* players like Watson, Williams, Gallman, Cain, Scott and several Olinemen.

Sure underrated players like Renfrow and Leggett made an impact but the blue chippers carried that offense.

Advertisement

So, stars don't matter?

I think we will see a lot of that with Perry or Weldon (had to .mention Weldon cause I might get attacked on Here)

Oh shlt! You actually typed a coherent sentence.

This **** is unnecessary. DWins brings more to the boards then you ever will.

That the spread offense is the way to go for miami this the second year in a row clemson has made bama defense look silly.hope all you stuck in the 90s canes fans get with the times and look to the future. Go canes

I said this stuff when we had B Berlin and I got abused. lol Patriots have been winning under the gun for years. Some people stick their heads in the sand and never pull it out. BB was a gun QB and the moron coaches kept him under center too much. In the game against Florida he went exclusively to the gun when we were getting our asses handed to us. We all know how that worked out and they went right back to under center, what F morons and they get paid for that Sht! You're right!

Advertisement

I get what you're saying about their overall class rankings but Clemson's offense has been dependent on their 4* and 5* players like Watson, Williams, Gallman, Cain, Scott and several Olinemen.

Sure underrated players like Renfrow and Leggett made an impact but the blue chippers carried that offense.

being ranked in the top 10 or even top 15 means you are getting a 5* here and there, some 4*, and mostly 3. If you are getting the most talent in key spots (like skill positions) this certainly helps as Clemson has shown. I did not intend to minimize that.

My point was that you do not necessarily need 4* and 5* across your 2 deep at just about every position like Alabama has.

A huge majority of the top 20 offenses in CFB run some sort of spread primarily. Those that don't have a really advanced QB.

One team beating another team in a particular game proves nothing about the worth of one system over another - and especially not about whether one system or another will work here.

Advertisement
Back