Clemson winning proves

That the spread offense is the way to go for miami this the second year in a row clemson has made bama defense look silly.hope all you stuck in the 90s canes fans get with the times and look to the future. Go canes

Relax with that nonsense.

Bama's offense was TOO one dimensional this year. Without the passing threat is was easier for Clemson to 3 and out them too many times. That put Bama's defense on the field longer than they are accustomed to. Eventually they started wearing down.

It was obvious that Clemson had a hard time trying to stop Scarborough. If he had been healthy the entire game and if Bama would have been able to move the ball a even just a little better through the air I believe the outcome would have been different.

You can win with either style. The pread is the way to go for Miami is because it requires the type of athlete that Florida high schools generate in abundance. As Golden's tenure proved, down here we can't find the horses in the OL and DL to play power run on offense and 3-4 two gap on defense.

Advertisement
Actually, it proves that a roster with talented guys, a great front 4 and a dynamic and talented QB can win the ship.

nor do you need to be highly ranked (top 5) in recruiting each year. Past 4 years they averaged in the top 10 (13, 12, 8, 7) in ESPN rankings. Bama has pretty much had the number 1 rated classes past 3 of the last 4 years. Last year were at 2.

I get what you're saying about their overall class rankings but Clemson's offense has been dependent on their 4* and 5* players like Watson, Williams, Gallman, Cain, Scott and several Olinemen.

Sure underrated players like Renfrow and Leggett made an impact but the blue chippers carried that offense.

being ranked in the top 10 or even top 15 means you are getting a 5* here and there, some 4*, and mostly 3. If you are getting the most talent in key spots (like skill positions) this certainly helps as Clemson has shown. I did not intend to minimize that.

My point was that you do not necessarily need 4* and 5* across your 2 deep at just about every position like Alabama has.

Nah, it's not mostly 3*. The last 4 years Clemson has signed blue chippers at around 50%... Their classes aren't ranked higher because they have gone over 25 scholarships once in that time frame. It's not like some of Golden's or Shannon's classes with over 30 dominated by 3 stars:

Clemson's recruits 4* or 5* last 4 years:

2013- 11 out of 23
2014- 10 out of 21
2015- 12 out of 26
2016- 13 out of 17
Total- 46 out of 87

nor do you need to be highly ranked (top 5) in recruiting each year. Past 4 years they averaged in the top 10 (13, 12, 8, 7) in ESPN rankings. Bama has pretty much had the number 1 rated classes past 3 of the last 4 years. Last year were at 2.

I get what you're saying about their overall class rankings but Clemson's offense has been dependent on their 4* and 5* players like Watson, Williams, Gallman, Cain, Scott and several Olinemen.

Sure underrated players like Renfrow and Leggett made an impact but the blue chippers carried that offense.

Leggett was highly recruited

That the spread offense is the way to go for miami this the second year in a row clemson has made bama defense look silly.hope all you stuck in the 90s canes fans get with the times and look to the future. Go canes

Relax with that nonsense.

Bama's offense was TOO one dimensional this year. Without the passing threat is was easier for Clemson to 3 and out them too many times. That put Bama's defense on the field longer than they are accustomed to. Eventually they started wearing down.

It was obvious that Clemson had a hard time trying to stop Scarborough. If he had been healthy the entire game and if Bama would have been able to move the ball a even just a little better through the air I believe the outcome would have been different.

You can win with either style. The pread is the way to go for Miami is because it requires the type of athlete that Florida high schools generate in abundance. As Golden's tenure proved, down here we can't find the horses in the OL and DL to play power run on offense and 3-4 two gap on defense.

Bama runs a more spread approach juat didnt have a QB that can throw

Advertisement
Make no mistake, Clemson is littered with 4-5 star guys throughout that roster. They have as much talent as anyone in the country.,

He wasn't highly recruited based on his offer list. Had offers from a few power-5 schools. That's also why I said he was underrated.

I don't think it was the spread style offense that did Bama in. It was the tempo which you could do in pro-style and also Bama's D is big on situational sub's which if Clemson wasn't subbing they couldn't so they guys were gassed.

Advertisement
if alabama could throw worth a **** then we'd be talking about how smashmouth football plus 2 gap defense is the way to go

if scarbrough doesn't break his leg, they win the game.

if renfrow bobbles that last pass and drops it then that final second likely runs off and everybody is asking dabo why he didn't go for the tying fg

and today dabo would be biggest goat ever in cfb history

Clemson had no answer for Bo Scarbrough. If that kid doesn't get hurt, then Alabama runs him 20 more times down Clemson's throat. Watkins runs the spread as well as anybody, but Clemson won a lot of close games--Auburn, Troy, NC State, Florida State, Louisville, Virginia Tech. Quite honestly, Mike Williams won some critical 50/50 balls. That kid is going to be something at the next level. Alabama struggles against mobile. They only faced one decent quarterback the entire season and that was Chad Kelly would ripped them apart.

What I would like to take from Clemson is how they pick in the red zone. You'll see more teams do it. I bet you the rules committee changes it in a couple of years. It's ridiculous.

Man, i wish I could cash in some of those big Hurricane "IFS" over the years for a few more National Championships.

Last edited:
But Pitt beat Clemson witn a pro-style offense and we beat Pitt with the same so CLEARLY by the power of the transitive property and Grayskull THAT is the only way to go.

tumblr_m336glqenc1r04pibo1_500.jpg

Advertisement
most impressive thing about lemon i their run defense. That is what won the game. Sure Bama broke 4 runs in the game. But, Clemson defense won this game. Bama does not have a QB who could throw the ball, which s why Clemson won.

This Clemson was definitely beatable, no sure fire dominant team in College this year. NC State beaten them wth a short made FG, FSU wins easily without the phantom bad block on Cooks run when up 8, which changed the whole outcome of the game. , Ville beats them if the WR does not step to of bounds son the last play. Could easily have had 3 losses.

A little spread is good, but u don't have to have spread offense to win,

if alabama could throw worth a **** then we'd be talking about how smashmouth football plus 2 gap defense is the way to go

if scarbrough doesn't break his leg, they win the game.

if Mike Williams and Alexander play last year Clemson wins going away , what's your point? Did Bo play defense ? Would he hold Watson to less than 400 + yards passing? Would he have kept Williams from mossing their bit ch a s s db's?

Advertisement
They won bc they have a great D and a Stud QB-WR combination

Saben played not to lose - he is probably the best coach in history but he decided he could win without lane and really got conservative

He wasn't highly recruited based on his offer list. Had offers from a few power-5 schools. That's also why I said he was underrated.

He was a four star recruit and i think we recruited him, tbh the only underrated guy on that team was renfrow and maybe boulware outside of them they are 5/4 star heavy

Clemson runs generally the same offense.

The difference is they have the best QB in the nation.

Advertisement
Back