GojiraCane
All American
- Joined
- Dec 31, 2018
- Messages
- 11,539
Clemson in 2026 reminds me of Miami in 2006.
Clemson in 2026 reminds me of Miami in 2006.
That was the case last year when they went 7-6I don’t think so . Clemson I don’t like them but they’re way more talented than those two teams
Dude. That youth coaching comment got to me. I stopped coaching my kids’ baseball teams for that exact reason. Same dads start their own travel team cuz their kid couldn’t make the travel team that already existed. I need to call my therapist.I saw that too.Well, there always has to be a Swinney holding kicks on field goals
Dabo is like the guys I coached against in youth football. They knew their sons weren’t good enough to play in college, and maybe not even in high school, so they gave their sons the best positions in youth football.
Dabo is going to make sure his son gets to play even as a holder. And will always have 3-4 white guys on defense.
#5 Hanafin was clowned by half of the UM team.
Sorry for the PTSD. We can start a therapy group about this.Dude. That youth coaching comment got to me. I stopped coaching my kids’ baseball teams for that exact reason. Same dads start their own travel team cuz their kid couldn’t make the travel team that already existed. I need to call my therapist.
How many threads can we derail with it?Sorry for the PTSD. We can start a therapy group about this.Dude. That youth coaching comment got to me. I stopped coaching my kids’ baseball teams for that exact reason. Same dads start their own travel team cuz their kid couldn’t make the travel team that already existed. I need to call my therapist.![]()
Is there a double meaning here???They swear that those 2015-2020 teams were built "The Right Way". Clemson had 4 first round draft picks, at premium positions return back to campus, just because. Yep, those kids didn't get anything to stay, nothing at all. Clemson, who before 2011 hadn't done anything significant since Reagan's first term started winning recruiting battles against EVERYONE, nothing funny or odd about that. There's absolutely no way that a guy whose formative coaching experience was at ALABAMA could POSSIBLY run an Alabama style program, complete with obvious and blatant NCAA violations. Nah, a dude named Dabo was just so darn good at convincing Black student athletes to move to Clemson, South Carolina, where less than 6% of the student body is Black, he didn't need anything to convince them.....
It's just a coincidence that once NIL came along, the recruiting pipeline dried up, and Dabo started complaining about kids getting paid. He knew all along that Clemson could ONLY compete in the black market, where prices were controlled...
I actually started coaching because my daughter’s first softball coach was playing with the girls in the outfield instead of paying attention to the game. I told my wife right then I would coach. And I didn’t care so much about wining as I did about teaching kids the fundamentals of the sport. Not surprisingly, this resulted in wins, especially at the youth level, and that lead to kids having fun and continuing to play the sport.How many threads can we derail with it?
My last coaching moment was an 8 year old rec league playoff game. Opposing coach was furious at a call a high school kid volunteer ump made and caused such a scene the league commissioner was literally called to pitchers mound while the ump/kid cried. Dude wouldn’t stop. In front of the opposing coach, I told the commish to reverse the call because this person needed a trophy badly. Other coach didn’t get it. Likely still doesn’t.
Dabo can suck it.
Speaking of which, I think two weeks from now is going to get ugly for FSU with Mario focusing on that through the next two weeks.Never seen a fanbase look at a 28 point loss so optimistically.
Reminds me of last years fsu game. “Man if we didn’t get our asses kicked for 3 quarters of the game, we would have won!”
I actually started coaching because my daughter’s first softball coach was playing with the girls in the outfield instead of paying attention to the game. I told my wife right then I would coach. And I didn’t care so much about wining as I did about teaching kids the fundamentals of the sport. Not surprisingly, this resulted in wins, especially at the youth level, and that lead to kids having fun and continuing to play the sport.How many threads can we derail with it?
My last coaching moment was an 8 year old rec league playoff game. Opposing coach was furious at a call a high school kid volunteer ump made and caused such a scene the league commissioner was literally called to pitchers mound while the ump/kid cried. Dude wouldn’t stop. In front of the opposing coach, I told the commish to reverse the call because this person needed a trophy badly. Other coach didn’t get it. Likely still doesn’t.
Dabo can suck it.
Travel sports are a different animal. I really did not enjoy coaching travel basketball. The parents all think their kids will play D1, and like you wrote, they move their kids to another team at the first sign of adversity.
I now coach middle school boys basketball at the school my kids attended. This year I have good kids and nightmare parents. Some of whom are already complaining about playing time and shot selection. FYI, tryouts aren’t until next week!
I actually started coaching because my daughter’s first softball coach was playing with the girls in the outfield instead of paying attention to the game. I told my wife right then I would coach. And I didn’t care so much about wining as I did about teaching kids the fundamentals of the sport. Not surprisingly, this resulted in wins, especially at the youth level, and that lead to kids having fun and continuing to play the sport.
Travel sports are a different animal. I really did not enjoy coaching travel basketball. The parents all think their kids will play D1, and like you wrote, they move their kids to another team at the first sign of adversity.
I now coach middle school boys basketball at the school my kids attended. This year I have good kids and nightmare parents. Some of whom are already complaining about playing time and shot selection. FYI, tryouts aren’t until next week!