Tears Clemson Tears

Advertisement
Klubnick had one player to read on that goal line play and that was the crashing edge player to the top of the formation. 31 crashed hard on the mesh and the quarterback pulled it and ran. That's exactly how the play is drawn up and ran. He's saying he should have handed it off because the play go stopped but 10 times out of 10, he should keep because that's how a zone read play works.

Now, either Flagg totally sold out on the keeper or they have a defensive play call that assigns one guy to crash and the man stacked behind him to play the keep. Either way it was defended perfectly.
Thought it was pretty awful for Dabo to leave him out to dry like that essentially saying the kid free lanced

I don’t think Shipley gets in either (maybe mafah their power back who they bizarrely didn’t send in)

Klubnick had one player to read on that goal line play and that was the crashing edge player to the top of the formation. 31 crashed hard on the mesh and the quarterback pulled it and ran. That's exactly how the play is drawn up and ran. He's saying he should have handed it off because the play go stopped but 10 times out of 10, he should keep because that's how a zone read play works.

Now, either Flagg totally sold out on the keeper or they have a defensive play call that assigns one guy to crash and the man stacked behind him to play the keep. Either way it was defended perfectly.
I think Flagg just saw it. He was on it so fast I never seen him close like that. I thought he sprayed deer antler all over his legs before the play. Boy was zoomin

I think Flagg just saw it. He was on it so fast I never seen him close like that. I thought he sprayed deer antler all over his legs before the play. Boy was zoomin
animation sees GIF

Exactly! The right read was the QB pulling it.... if he was supposed to be reading. We had an extra man there in Flagg, who would not give up the edge. Dabo is saying it was a give all the way, even though every gap was closed and there was no room inside. The RB, in Dabo's opinion was gonna get in anyways, based on the fact that they had just went from the 4, to the 1 on the play before.

Advertisement
Exactly! The right read was the QB pulling it.... if he was supposed to be reading. We had an extra man there in Flagg, who would not give up the edge. Dabo is saying it was a give all the way, even though every gap was closed and there was no room inside. The RB, in Dabo's opinion was gonna get in anyways, based on the fact that they had just went from the 4, to the 1 on the play before.
If Dabo was so sure they would score, why not just call a run play instead of the zone read? Don't give the quarterback the option of keeping it if you're so sure you can just bang it in.

If Dabo was so sure they would score, why not just call a run play instead of the zone read? Don't give the quarterback the option of keeping it if you're so sure you can just bang it in.
I was thinking the same thing.
He was wide open and most linebackers would be chasing him into the end zone. Not because they’re slow but because they bit on the hand off. It’s happened hundreds of times and it’s the reason that play is called.
Dabo threw the qb under the bus and of course he has to agree with what coach said.

I was wondering that being barely 5’10 helped out and maybe the qb didn’t see him.

He acts like he’s going inside and squats low then bounces out. Klubnik must have been like “where the Fck did this dude come out from”.

It’s even hard to see when it was live. I said the same sht. Where tf did Flag come from.
Dude appeared like a **** black leprechaun out of nowhere.

I'm pretty sure Dabo and the QB have both said it was supposed to just be a run play.

Facts. But that's what Dabo is saying. He said "It was a 'GIVE', all the way, but the QB pulled it on his own."

Advertisement

Pretty sure on the presser it was said it was drawn up that way. Wes in and Flagg out. Doesn’t take anything away from Flagg though.

I'm pretty sure Dabo and the QB have both said it was supposed to just be a run play.
They both said it was supposed to be a "give". The offense intentionally leaves an edge defender unblocked and the quarterback decides to give or keep based on what the unblocked defender does. If he crashes the hand-off (what Bisanthe did) then the quarterback is supposed to keep and run around the end. If the defender sets an edge, the quarterback is supposed to give the ball to the back.

There's no way in **** the quarterback pulled the ball on a straight up handoff call. Especially since the offensive line purposely didn't block Bissanthe.

It was a give, it wasn’t meant to be a zone read.

They both said it was supposed to be a "give". The offense intentionally leaves an edge defender unblocked and the quarterback decides to give or keep based on what the unblocked defender does. If he crashes the hand-off (what Bisanthe did) then the quarterback is supposed to keep and run around the end. If the defender sets an edge, the quarterback is supposed to give the ball to the back.

There's no way in **** the quarterback pulled the ball on a straight up handoff call. Especially since the offensive line purposely didn't block Bissanthe.

That’s exactly what happened.

This is why the QB is doing the media rounds apologizing and saying that he was “going on instinct” and pulled the ball.

Advertisement
That’s exactly what happened.

This is why the QB is doing the media rounds apologizing and saying that he was “going on instinct” and pulled the ball.
If he honestly decided to say “**** the coaches” then he deserves all the hate. I can’t believe on the final, most important play of the game, he’d just decide to keep it when the play wasn’t designed for him to.

I think that is what dabo said in post game, they asked him that question about it being an RPO (lol) or was it a handoff. Klubnik also reiterated he just pulled it tryna make a play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back