Tears Clemson Tears

Advertisement
1698086099852.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think your missing Kam Kinchens scraping there
I kinda agree with whoever wrote that he would've scored....he looks like he beats Kam to the edge but who knows. But more importantly, as I told a friend of mine, at that point when you reach 4th down, you only have to stop 1 of the next 2 plays. So they still would've needed the two point conversion.

dabo is foolish and the game has past him but he had arguably the top DC in the game for a decade and an incredible AD (who is now our AD)

it's no secret it started unraveling when those pieces and others starting leaving .

hopefully Rad helps Mario instill the culture here necessary to reach where Clemson was during their run

they are cooked though, they will not ever reach that pinnacle again under Dabo

Their fans are very unhappy with the coaching staff, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. While there hasn't been much turnover on the entire staff, the coaches he has recently brought in are all either Clemson grads or people with a connection to Clemson. Their fan base doesn't believe they are the most qualified coaches he could have hired. They think they are "yes men". Sound familiar??????

Their fans are also unhappy over Dabo's Portal policy - ie he doesn't believe in it. They think he takes too small classes and now with all the injuries, they are really thin at a number of positions.

They also have 18 scholarship players out with injury. 14 are finished for the season. Many of those are starters. Ladsen had surgery again recently and is finished for the year. I don't think he's had 1 full season where he was healthy. They lost two guys at Pitt on Saturday.
But according to some on cis the Canes only team tp ever have injuries

yeah I mean not a gimme but I'm just thankful klubnik pulled it. definitely think we could have stopped them, but there was an edge set on the play on the right side of the line (kam looked like he might have been able to split it and make a play). cloyd also read it immediately, so maybe that makes it look like a better edge than it would have been

If he heads that off, I am pretty confident we stop them.

I actually give Kublik credit here. I think he made the right decision. Wesley bit so hard he wouldn’t have been able to recover.

What made this play work for us is that Flagg completely sold out on the QB. He decided to give up the spot there in the middle (perhaps by design or perhaps because he felt the defense had it covered). Kublik didn’t see Flagg until he was out in the open field.

Advertisement
dabo is foolish and the game has past him but he had arguably the top DC in the game for a decade and an incredible AD (who is now our AD)

it's no secret it started unraveling when those pieces and others starting leaving .

hopefully Rad helps Mario instill the culture here necessary to reach where Clemson was during their run

they are cooked though, they will not ever reach that pinnacle again under Dabo
They turned the corner pre Rad
No GIF

Advertisement
Klubnick had one player to read on that goal line play and that was the crashing edge player to the top of the formation. 31 crashed hard on the mesh and the quarterback pulled it and ran. That's exactly how the play is drawn up and ran. He's saying he should have handed it off because the play go stopped but 10 times out of 10, he should keep because that's how a zone read play works.

Now, either Flagg totally sold out on the keeper or they have a defensive play call that assigns one guy to crash and the man stacked behind him to play the keep. Either way it was defended perfectly.

Advertisement
Back