Clemson RB Enters Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Underwhelming player in college considering how high he was rated. Can’t see him going anywhere he’s not given the job right away. He knows he has one last shot to make an impression for the league so being a platoon rotational back at Miami shouldn’t be in the cards for him imo

Advertisement

Interesting, Clemson got only 2 rbs on the roster right now until the other 2 get there. But I thought the “depth” fear mongerers act like all of these teams are stacked with depth and Miami is in such a horrible spot with depth(obviously not talking linebacker as its deficient in numbers ) but still

Here's from their 247 thread:

Last season, Feaster carried the ball 78 times for 440 yards (5.64 yards per carry) and six touchdowns in 231 snaps over 13 games while battling through some injuries. His 440 rushing yards were fourth on the team last season behind Etienne, Choice, and Dixon, respectively.

Feaster currently ranks second in Clemson history in career yards per carry (5.99) behind only Etienne. Feaster would have entered 2019 with 1,330 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns on 222 carries in 674 snaps over 41 career games (11 career starts -- all in 2017).

10COMMENTS
Clemson will now enter the 2019 season with four scholarship backs (one less than the desired five that Elliott likes to carry). The depth consists of Etienne, Dixon, and true freshmen Chez Mellusi and Mikey Dukes. Neither Mellusi nor Dukes enrolled in January as midyears.

It seems that he has been thinking about this since the end of the season. He would be competing with a red shirt sophomore for the 2nd back snaps after Etienne.

View attachment 84101

Interesting, Clemson got only 2 rbs on the roster right now until the other 2 get there. But I thought the “depth” fear mongerers act like all of these teams are stacked with depth and Miami is in such a horrible spot with depth

You are the same guy who said our linebacker depth was fine repeatedly prior to spring.

Advertisement
Similar to Josh Jacobs' predicament at the beginning of last season. What do you do?? Jacobs was behind the law firm of Harris & Harris and will be the #1 back off the board in the day or two.

Feaster has gotten good burn and is respected where it matters; NFL scouting departments. He wouldn't know that of course, hence his current choice.

Advertisement
Underwhelming player in college considering how high he was rated. Can’t see him going anywhere he’s not given the job right away. He knows he has one last shot to make an impression for the league so being a platoon rotational back at Miami shouldn’t be in the cards for him imo

You are 100% correct. Tavien is from right down the road from me. He played for the HC I used to coach under and my boy was his position coach in HS. This is exactly what is going on. He thought he'd be the lead back by now but Etienne had other plans.
No clue where he goes, but he isn't trying to be a depth guy somewhere else.

Similar to Josh Jacobs' predicament at the beginning of last season. What do you do?? Jacobs was behind the law firm of Harris & Harris and will be the #1 back off the board in the day or two.

Feaster has gotten good burn and is respected where it matters; NFL scouting departments. He wouldn't know that of course, hence his current choice.
Well bama had a group of 3 who were all kinda close. This kid is good but he’s no where near etienne. That kids a beast and will leave early and be a first or second rounder probably barring injury

He's not close to ETN level. Dixon and him would battle for the 2. Both kids coming in are ballers. Transfer portal changes everything. I hope it continues to work in our favor.

Advertisement
Back