Clemson preview of Miami

Advertisement
I never buy the Clemson hype because they just aren't as good as they are ever cracked up to be. Now those tidbits of "fact"toids re Al and Donut sting like a pick ax to the back of the head. There just isn't anything positive regarding Al's football coaching savvy that anyone can state. It's like trying to swim up Victoria Falls with Al as coach, you just can win do that, having Al as your whatever the heck he is! This season scares me, because when we lose and they keep Al, I'm not sure I can keep it sane.

I never buy the Clemson hype because they just aren't as good as they are ever cracked up to be. Now those tidbits of "fact"toids re Al and Donut sting like a pick ax to the back of the head. There just isn't anything positive regarding Al's football coaching savvy that anyone can state. It's like trying to swim up Victoria Falls with Al as coach, you just can win do that, having Al as your whatever the heck he is! This season scares me, because when we lose and they keep Al, I'm not sure I can keep it sane.

There's a reason " pulling a Clemson " has stuck this long. They're normally not as good as they're cracked up to be

Advertisement
Miami's Mike Brown scores a touchdown against Clemson's Brandon Maye during the second quarter of the NCAA college football game in Clemson, S.C., Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010. (AP Photo/Patrick Collard)

The dude from Ferguson?

This is plain dumb

Heck, anytime Florida State or Clemson plays at Miami, the crowd is essentially partisan.

As much as Clemson loves to Clemson, would trade our past decade for theirs in a ******* heart beat. At least they have a reliably fun product to watch / message board about.

Advertisement
Dabo's job should be on the line by then. He's gotta know that losing to Miami, while finishing behind FSU and UL in their division, will doom him.

I got that game penned in as a stone cold, rock solid, lock for Clemson.

There's a reason " pulling a Clemson " has stuck this long. They're normally not as good as they're cracked up to be

But they are a Different team since firing Kevin Steele after WV game.

Brent Venables is a great DC, and Clemson was the best defense in the country last year.

10 win seasons, and bowl wins over LSU, OSU, and Oklahoma. That is an impressive 3 year run for a non elite team.

They have been as good as they are cracked up to be because nobody has been predicting championships from them.

Aggressive defense, aggressive uptempo offense, best home game environment in the ACC, they are a fun team to watch.

Not Sure what Dabo brings to the table, but paying SEC level money to their assistants sure helps, plus they are probably buying some recruits.

Brent Venables is a great DC, and Clemson was the best defense in the country last year.

10 win seasons, and bowl wins over LSU, OSU, and Oklahoma. That is an impressive 3 year run for a non elite team.

They have been as good as they are cracked up to be because nobody has been predicting championships from them.

Aggressive defense, aggressive uptempo offense, best home game environment in the ACC, they are a fun team to watch.

Not Sure what Dabo brings to the table, but paying SEC level money to their assistants sure helps, plus they are probably buying some recruits.

Firing the old DC wasn't what saved Dabos job... The hiring of Chad Morris and his high powered offense is what saved Dabo. Venables came later.

Firing the old DC wasn't what saved Dabos job... The hiring of Chad Morris and his high powered offense is what saved Dabo. Venables came later.

Bingo

Advertisement
The picture captioned says Miami's Mike Brown scores, who the **** is that?

Mike Brown was awesome here, don't you remember? Plus, D'Ohno has eligibility left and his experience at LB will balance things in our favor.....so we have that going for us too. Gonna be great.

This is plain dumb

Heck, anytime Florida State or Clemson plays at Miami, the crowd is essentially partisan.

What part do you not understand? When FSWho or Claimsome come to town, their fans travel or are down here with them. So, opines the writer, Miami's Canes don't necessarily have an essential home crowd field advantage.

The picture captioned says Miami's Mike Brown scores, who the **** is that?

Aaron Brenner is just making ish up for his article. He also fabricated, to make a point, a fact that Brad Kaaya came in August 2014 when Kaaya came earlier right after Spring 2014.

Advertisement
Clem's son should beat FSU this year. They got way too much fo the Canes this year.

This is plain dumb

What part do you not understand? When FSWho or Claimsome come to town, their fans travel or are down here with them. So, opines the writer, Miami's Canes don't necessarily have an essential home crowd field advantage.

You're kidding right? Do we really have to go through this on here again? FSU has never had more than 30-35% of the fans...NEVER. Not when we've been at our worst. Clemson? Come on. Clemson has a great rep for traveling fans. So, they'll bring 7-8,000 to Miami, maybe....maybe 10K. Now, with the way things are going, Miami might only have 8,000 fans next year, so you could be right, but in the past we've had 30-40K actual fans when Clemson comes to town (I think over 50 in the OB the first time), so no, they didn't have half of the fans. Please stop it with this BS, you're making yourself look foolish. The last time a team had half of the fans was Florida in 1985.

Advertisement
Back