Clemson perspective…

gacaneaddict

Junior
As some know I have a lot of Clemson ties. I was at game Saturday. My family has lots of ties and season tickets.

@DMoney brought up a point on his podcast weeks ago. We aren’t good anymore but because of our past success and 30 for 30s, we don’t get any overlooks by teams. We get teams best shots.

So it’s double whammy because we suck and we never really get overlooked.

Obviously Mario was brought in to build the program to handle this and expectations and win big.

I listen to Clemson radio and the feeling there is Clemson played their best half of the year against Miami. From being up for game, and the execution it was as good as DJ U played all season. They were talking about his accuracy in this game was off the charts. From Being at game and being at other games I can agree with this.

He was decisive in read option game as well as any game this year too.

Now listen to what I’m saying Clemson didn’t need their A game to beat Miami, but they played their a+ game in 1st half.

DJ was inaccurate last week vs. Louisville on slants, and in this game he looked like Aaron Rogers.

Advertisement
As some know I have a lot of Clemson ties. I was at game Saturday. My family has lots of ties and season tickets.

@DMoney brought up a point on his podcast weeks ago. We aren’t good anymore but because of our past success and 30 for 30s, we don’t get any overlooks by teams. We get teams best shots.

Obviously Mario was brought in to build the program to handle this and expectations and win big.

I listen to Clemson radio and the feeling there is Clemson played their best half of the year against Miami. From being up for game, and the execution it was as good as DJ U played all season. They were talking about his accuracy in this game was off the charts. From Being at game and being at other games I can agree with this.

Now listen to what I’m saying Clemson didn’t need their A game to beat Miami, but they played their a+ game in 1st half.

DJ was inaccurate last week vs. Louisville on slants, and in this game he looked like Aaron Rogers.

I don’t care, until the Purge is conducted but, Miami ALLOWS almost every team to have their best game of the year…. Can you guess why

Wouldn’t read too much into it. Our defense often loses the battle before the ball is even snapped with our alignment issues. Was on full display in first half. Also slant after slant after slant in first half with zero adjustments. And than you throw in the qb draw or scramble on 3rd down? Taking candy from a baby

Good offenses will have their way with this defense. We have been abused by any offense with a pulse. Looked good against crap offenses

Advertisement
I haven’t watched every Clemson game this season but I’ve watched a couple and that 1st half easily was best I’ve seen them play all season.

I laughed that of course these bozos practice, scheme and play like this is the **** national championship game.

Credit to the defense for taking those initial punches and keeping it within a punchers chance for an offense that couldn’t fight its way out of a wet paper bag

So Clemson played their best half of football against Miami. Sounds like this:

“Miami played their best offensive game against North Carolina”.

No it doesn't as you negate that Clemson has been a powerhouse for well over a decade while Miami has been a dumpster fire for twice as long. Dabo just put together his 12th double digit win season in a row.

Even last year, a "down" year for the Tigers and their first non-ACC title, non Playoff-berth season in six year—they were still 10-3 and now they're 10-1 going into their seventh ACC title game in eight seasons.
Clemson leaned on championship-caliber DNA on Senior Day in Death Valley and brought the fight to Miami in a way they weren't as jacked to do against Louisville, Syracuse or Florida State.

And all our fans closing the book on DJ Uiagalelei, who they call "garbage"—as if he wasn't the #1 recruit in the country a few years ago. Hasn't fully lived up to that hype, meanwhile our fans overhyping TVD for airing it out a few games last season and thinking he's a better quarterback.

Tigers looked all the part of a championship-caliber program in its 14th year under a two-time national champion head coach, while the Canes looked all the part of disaster of a program on its third head coach in five years and fifth head coach in 16 seasons.

I've followed Clemson since late 80s when I grew up going to Clemson games.

Every single time Miami has played Clemson sans 2010 game, I feel like Miami has gotten Clemson's best shot. in 2004 they upset a better more talented Miami team. IN 2005, they were outmanned, and took Miami to Double OT. In 2009, they were 3-3, and Miami was 5-1 ranked #10, and they upset MIami in OT.

Clemson is always ready to play Miami it seems hyper focused, and execute at a high level. I watched Kelly Bryant and that Clemson offense struggle in 2017 leading into a ACC title game against a Miami defense better than defenses it had struggled with. Kelly Bryant looked great in that game, and won 38-3.

In 2020 Clemson looked so so against UVA the week before, and completely obliterated Miami's offense the next week and won 42-17.

Advertisement
No it doesn't as you negate that Clemson has been a powerhouse for well over a decade while Miami has been a dumpster fire for twice as long. Dabo just put together his 12th double digit win season in a row.

Even last year, a "down" year for the Tigers and their first non-ACC title, non Playoff-berth season in six year—they were still 10-3 and now they're 10-1 going into their seventh ACC title game in eight seasons.
Clemson leaned on championship-caliber DNA on Senior Day in Death Valley and brought the fight to Miami in a way they weren't as jacked to do against Louisville, Syracuse or Florida State.

And all our fans closing the book on DJ Uiagalelei, who they call "garbage"—as if he wasn't the #1 recruit in the country a few years ago. Hasn't fully lived up to that hype, meanwhile our fans overhyping TVD for airing it out a few games last season and thinking he's a better quarterback.

Tigers looked all the part of a championship-caliber program in its 14th year under a two-time national champion head coach, while the Canes looked all the part of disaster of a program on its third head coach in five years and fifth head coach in 16 seasons.
This.

Advertisement
Yep.. the infamous fig leaf to cover ineptitude. ... "other teams play their best football against us."

It is more like, we make so easy for them.
Dabo got so lackadaisical midway that he went for a 49 yard FG like he was playing against a pop warner team ... all because he knew we were too inept to score even if we got free extra yards.

Stop fooling yourselves... they would have clobbered us 65-10 at least, if they played their best for the whole game.

Last edited:
Teams will always love to obliterate us

That’s the price you pay when these coaches are in charge of teams after watching us **** all over college football for decades

Advertisement

Miami turns the lowliest and most elite teams into world beaters Saturday after Saturday.

Each week a new Heisman contender emerges purely from their record setting performance against our Orange and Green.

#ConsistencyIsKey

Another team who has their best “half” or “game” against us?

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Advertisement
Back