Clemson OL coaching

It's about instincts and coaching. Reading the formations and knowing where the ball is going before it is snapped. Knowing who and how the offensive line is going to try to block you. Skalski from Clemson is one of the best at it. Not very athletic, but plays much faster than he is because of his instincts and knowledge. I saw a tape breakdown of him and how he knew what play was coming based on the formation. He shot the gap when the ball was hiked not allowing any blocker to get to him and made the tackle for loss. It wasn't a run blitz. He just knew where to go to make the play even before it happened.

Advertisement
Stoutland was the best in the last decade and got snatched by Bama. AND Kehoe is a legend and knows how to coach OL.
How is Kehoe doing? Last I heard he had a stroke and was moving to New Jersey to be cared for by his sister. Thatvwas a couple of years ago. Anybody know?

Huh, I honestly did not know that and I feel like I am a pretty well versed Canes fan. And have been relatively in the know for a long time. Maybe Morgan was before I really started following you guys who give me all the recruiting info. It’s Morgan correct? Had no clue he came in is a back. Thanks for that info, never knew that was the case. How did I not know that? I am feeling a bit of shame at the moment.
Morgan played both ways in HS and I remember talking to my friends. I think I saw him as a RB but I believe staff did envision him as a LB.

I’ve been thinking for years we’re missing those crazy white boi that just want to kill someone on D..

Clemson has signed stud after stud at QB and WR. They also recruit well at DL and CB.

Tahj Boyd then Deshaun Watson then Trevor Lawrence then D.J. U.

D.J. is the most gifted of them all 6'5 250 with athletic ability and a stronger arm than Trevor. He should be #1 pick in next years NFL draft.

At WR You had Deandre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams, Tee Higgins, and Justyn Ross. Not to mention pieces like Etienne, Renfrow, Leggett, Amari Rogers.

At DL players like Grady Jarrett, Vic Beasley, Shaq Lawson, Christian Wilkens, Dexter Lawrence, Clelin Ferrell, now Myles Murphy and Brian Bresee.
So, you're saying that Miami needs to stack classes on top of one another to be successful?

Advertisement
Leaving Lets Go GIF by Barbara Pozzi

Advertisement
Back