Clemson athletes to return to campus June 1st

Nobody under 25 has died from covid in the state of FL.

I'm in Ontario Canada, there have been two such cases, but I wouldn't shut it down for it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying they are treading super careful, cause those change rooms are ripe for infection, think the Browns and Staph Infection. Just saying his pov from a different angle.

Advertisement
Doom and gloom, we are all going to die! Get inside and board your windows and doors, and then board your boards. The end is here.

Lol, the likelihood of that actually happening is very slim, and I don't think it actually will. But the point was that there's a chance, and nobody wants to be the university that it happens to. So, you can't really blame them for taking these measures.

how many healthy 19 year old kids have died from the Chinese cough? Turn cnn off for a minute, think logically, and stop living a life of fear.

Don't know, I don't watch CNN or any news program. I only listed an extreme of what could happen, and why it's not far fetched on Clemson's end to have so many things in place for their returning athletes.

Maybe you think the "logical" thing to do is to just resume summer workouts and practice as normal. No testing needed, who cares if they have it or not, it won't kill you.

I'm in Ontario Canada, there have been two such cases, but I wouldn't shut it down for it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying they are treading super careful, cause those change rooms are ripe for infection, think the Browns and Staph Infection. Just saying his pov from a different angle.
I know it happens, but I think the likelihood is very rare. It's more likely that a staff member will get it.

Hopefully the cautiousness around covid will get those locker rooms, showers, etc. Thoroughly cleaned more often.

Doom and gloom, we are all going to die! Get inside and board your windows and doors, and then board your boards. The end is here.

Check out Nike's new Flat Earth unis.

xBqg5gAf1xINizpek6.gif

On 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Advertisement
are they going to force everyone to get tested for HIV too 🤡

I guess you assume they have *** or share needles with each other while on the field? I mean if youre into that, that’s your life its all good.
cause you know that hiv and covid are spread rather differently hahah

Advertisement

Lol, the likelihood of that actually happening is very slim, and I don't think it actually will. But the point was that there's a chance, and nobody wants to be the university that it happens to. So, you can't really blame them for taking these measures.

Don't know, I don't watch CNN or any news program. I only listed an extreme of what could happen, and why it's not far fetched on Clemson's end to have so many things in place for their returning athletes.

Maybe you think the "logical" thing to do is to just resume summer workouts and practice as normal. No testing needed, who cares if they have it or not, it won't kill you.

You do realize, don’t you, that statistically speaking, football players are much more likely to die from an on field collision and a broken neck, than anything having to do with COVID-19. Statistically speaking, much more likely to also die from the heat related disorder during practice. That’s something that’s already happened several times over the last decade.

But let’s just shut every fūcking thing down.

Also, how about lightning. Also much more likely to die in an automobile accident on the way to practice.

My God, you people

You do realize, don’t you, that statistically speaking, football players are much more likely to die from an on field collision and a broken neck, than anything having to do with COVID-19. Statistically speaking, much more likely to also die from the heat related disorder during practice. That’s something that’s already happened several times over the last decade.

Also, how about lightning. Also much more likely to die in an automobile accident on the way to practice.

My God, you people

Are you saying football makes 0 effort to mitigate these things while continuing with the sport? Same way Clemson is making an effort to mitigate being responsible for worst case scenario?

Oh, and lets not forget that playing football injuries could make things worse....nah, they don't completely shut that down when players are at risk.

Also, that car accident, I'm willing to bet that cars have safety features to mitigate the risk of the worst case scenario, while still allowing you to drive them. ****, I bet you wear a ******* seat belt and strap your kids in because THE ODDS of a crash happening, no matter how good/safe you drive, is there.

You're mistaken, as if somewhere in my post I'm condemning the return of football or suggesting harsher conditions for the return. The only thing I am saying, is that its not crazy on Clemson's end to have constraints and things in place before going full swing.

Last edited:

My God, you people
13VSAbTVuYJfLa.gif

Advertisement
Are you saying football makes 0 effort to mitigate these things while continuing with the sport? Same way Clemson is making an effort to mitigate being responsible for worst case scenario?

Oh, and lets not forget that playing football injuries could make things worse....nah, they don't completely shut that down when players are at risk.

Also, that car accident, I'm willing to bet that cars have safety futures to mitigate the risk of the worst case scenario, while still allowing you to drive them. ****, I bet you wear a ******* seat belt and strap your kids in because THE ODDS of a crash happening, no matter how good/safe you drive, is there.

You're mistaken, as if somewhere in my post I'm condemning the return of football or suggesting harsher conditions for the return. The only thing I am saying, is that its not crazy on Clemson's end to have constraints and things in place before going full swing.

Every is going to have mitigation features for football. Testing, isolation, masks (not during practice), etc. Every single one. What’s your point?

Every is going to have mitigation features for football. Testing, isolation, masks (not during practice), etc. Every single one. What’s your point?

Ok, maybe my first comment on this thread didn't portray my complete response enough. But I'll go ahead and make it make sense, since a lot of people read it and ignored the post that I actually quoted.

Poster made a comment on the conditions of players returning:

**** a lot of work just to get on the field.

My reply to that comment, was:

Imagine inviting all your players back, just to do a pre-screening and have a group of 30 students get infected, 7 that actually shows symptoms, and 1 that ends up dying.

Or in other words, imagine if they were extremely relaxed about it, and "worst case scenario" happened.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back