Clemson - ACC Tourney 3/11 12pm EST

Advertisement
Advertisement
This game was a microcosm of how this season has gone. We had ups and downs, and at the end with the game on the line we miss 2 crucial FT's and put up an off-balance, running 3. I've been saying it since beginning of last season, if Lykes is our best player we're not a very good team. Don't get me wrong, I like Lykes. I do. I just think he's a very good role player, not the face of a program. This team needs a major infusion of top talent. Not sure what we got coming in our next class, but without talent you can't win in the ACC.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
I'm not going to take the time to do it because I'm on the "move on from L train".... but can someone compare our talent level to the rest of the acc. I'm assuming we are up there when it comes to talent on team.

Lykes 4 star
Wong 4 star
Beverly 4 star
Mcgusty 4 star
Stone 4 star
Gak 4 star
Miller upper 3 star
vasil (Senior) 3 star
wardenburg (upperclassmen) 3 star

This team shouldn't look the way it does on a nightly basis.

This loss probably burst the bubble for Miami going to the NIT. I thought this might be an option for postseason play but that bubble has now burst also.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn’t get a chance to watch.

Telling was Sam and his 0 point 30+ minute line.

Then again, all of our upperclassmen bigs except for some serviceable minutes this year from Miller (offense only) are barely ACC bench material.

Is anyone surprised Walker missed FTs when it looks like he didn’t even play a full minute in the game? Maybe Cross comes in and provides toughness but the 4 needs to get better fast. Relying on Sam next year there is not an option.

Aside from a good game against Illinois and a 3 game ACC run, this team was awful and looked lost and uninspired for the majority of the year. I have a hard time remembering the last time we got blown out this many times in games.

The offense needs an overhaul, the rotation needs to get figured out and the staff needs to be evaluated.

Welp. I might not have enjoyed the results but I enjoyed watching my Canes ball nevertheless. Until next season fellas.
I didn't. We're no fun to watch at all. Terrible defense, lack of effort, an abomination of an offensive "system."

Changes need to be made. We're not gonna out-talent everyone, but we can at least play hard and have good systems in place. L is antiquated and our play reflects that.

After watching the last couple weeks, I have very little hope for next season. We're only losing DJ and Kieth (that we know of), but the remaining guys have largely looked like a bunch of scrubs in ACC play.

Jim better hope Nysier Brooks is the second coming of ****mbe Mutombo, because there's not a single player on this team that can keep his man out of the lane.

Advertisement
Back