Clemson’s Disappointing Run

Disagree. Trevor dismantled Bama in the NC as a true freshman. Uiangalelei lost to a meh ND team. Kid is definitely talented and has an elite arm but I don't think he's Trevor.
Clemson’s loss to ND was more due to the Clemson defense missing a number of key starters. Book passed for over 300 and Irish ran for over 200.

‘U’ passed for 440 yards and 2 TDS, no INTs. He was impressive.

Advertisement
This is why Dabbo didn’t want them in the playoffs he knew they lucked out last years with a win.

My guess is bentley who is talented hasn't played a ton but he's made plays when hes in. I'm not sure I didn't get to watch it live. Usually jake venables is the back up and I think bentleys third string
JV played last night plenty. Fowler was making jokes that BV doesn’t wanna see his son ending up in coverage against OSU WRs. I wonder how Clemson fans feel about JV playing as much as he does. If he’s holding up more talented guys that can’t be good.

Advertisement
JV played last night plenty. Fowler was making jokes that BV doesn’t wanna see his son ending up in coverage against OSU WRs. I wonder how Clemson fans feel about JV playing as much as he does. If he’s holding up more talented guys that can’t be good.
He's usually pretty good considering his lack of athletic ability. I wouldn't want him in man coverage though

Do you people realize how difficult it is to win multiple titles in a 4 year span? Think about it. From the advent of the BCS, only Florida(2006,2009), Alabama(2011-2012)(2016,2018) and Clemson (2017,2019) have managed to do it. Think about that. The best any program can do is consistently get themselves to the point in which you are in the hunt and the chips will fall where they may. Clemson has done a **** good job of doing that. They are in the playoff practically every year, and in a lot of cases, are one of the last two teams standing. You can't do much better than that in the modern era.

It was a lot easier to win titles in bunches in the poll era, with split championships and the like. Winning 1 is great, being in the hunt for two more in a three year span is **** good.

I think Uiangalelei will be better than Lawrence so I have to disagree with you there. Plus their D line is young, their wide receivers this season were just good, not elite compared to years prior.
I dont..he cant run as well...doesnt have the same accuracy.

Now their scheme is plug n play. So the gimmicky offense wills till be able to get off.

They are very very young. And now they are finally starting to get 5 star level OL.

They will be right back in these playoffs heavy the next 3 years

Advertisement
ohio state would have beat their asses last year if fields wasn't on the crack pipe. Osu had a squad last year, it was all fields in that game.

Apparently they got a squad this year too however. I'm actually a little envious of osu, they got a fine running machine over there and really always have been. They don't settle for being garbage and it makes me wonder just how corrupt they are in comparison to bama.
They have it pretty easy. They are in the northeast with no true competition recruiting..and no one going up there threatening them for guys. They get whomever they want instate...can dip in to NY/NJ as well as PA.
Then they go and get busy in Texas..come to Florida for skilled dbs or wr's.

They are in a one team conference..a conference that bends over backwards for them and are dirty and dont get Ncaa all over them. Its mini Bama. In fact ill say they have for the most part been more relavant than Bama in my lifetime 30-40 years

I wouldnt call their run disappointing. They won 2 ncs. I'd trade for that all day.

I will however go back to my original evaluation in that Trevor is not that special. Hes great, but definitely not a genrational talent like many make him out to be. I thought I was wrong after his freshman season, but I'm seeing I was way more right.

I actually think Watson may have been better.
Trevor out there playing cover 3?.

Realize dude was out there throwing to wr2-wr3 type options this year for them. Realize there secondary is as slow or slower than ours and got lit up by a pretty good wr unit and qb. Had their defense showed up...they would be right back there in the MNC going to war with Bama. Which may have been a better matchup for Dabo actually

Advertisement
Venable kids are fcs level players and they play ALOT.
Really isn't much difference than skalski. He can hit and blitz but put him on a team that's not Clemson and he's average at best. They know how to use those types like skalski,venables,turner and hide their weaknesses. Until they run into a 2019 lsu or 2020 ohio st

Somebody is paying out some $$$ to them Clemson boys. They are returning ALL 11 STARTERS on defense next year.

Michelle Obama Dnc GIF by MSNBC

Advertisement
I personally think they will lose to the eventual National champion both times.

LSU then Ohio State.

That 2018 team was loaded.

The issue is they lost that entire DL from that 2018 team, and they haven’t been able to replace it. They were better on the DL and secondary and WR group by a long ways.

WR-Tee Higgins
WR-Justin Ross
WR-Hunter Renfrow

DL-Austin Bryant
DL-Christian Wilkens
DL-Dexter Lawrence
DE-Clelin Ferrell
LB/S-Isaiah Simmons
CB-Mullen
CB-Terrell

5 first rounders and a 2nd rounder on that defense.

Justin Ross getting hurt really hurt their WR group this year as well as Ladson and Ngata. That group has missed the majority of the year.

Ross was going to be a 1,000 yard WR this year.

The DL istalented, but the 2 most talented are true freshman in Murphy and Bresee.
Clemson overperformed based on its on paper talent level. People forget that the Tigers have only had Top 5 recruiting classes in the 2020 and 2021 cycles. Before that they were far closer to us. In 2015, they had roughly 30 blue chip players (on paper) on their roster. We were something like 25 when we met them that year.

2018's squad had 3 star players playing like 5 stars. The future is bright however for Clemson if they can continue to stack Top 5 classes atop each other, and continue to bring in NFL quarterbacks to play for them.

Do you people realize how difficult it is to win multiple titles in a 4 year span? Think about it. From the advent of the BCS, only Florida(2006,2009), Alabama(2011-2012)(2016,2018) and Clemson (2017,2019) have managed to do it. Think about that. The best any program can do is consistently get themselves to the point in which you are in the hunt and the chips will fall where they may. Clemson has done a **** good job of doing that. They are in the playoff practically every year, and in a lot of cases, are one of the last two teams standing. You can't do much better than that in the modern era.

It was a lot easier to win titles in bunches in the poll era, with split championships and the like. Winning 1 is great, being in the hunt for two more in a three year span is **** good.
Anyone other than the Crimson Tide winning a NC in The Alabama Era is impressive. It's about as impressive as a standard NFL team beating a hypothetical pro juggernaut with 55 first round picks on its roster, with the rest of the squad filled out by top free agents who are taking minimum official salaries but being paid by bagmen.

Advertisement
Back