Clemson’s Disappointing Run

so with what you just said let's think about something. Rumph is one of our recruiters, baker is our defensive coordinator

yet you'd take our 7 over their 7, a program that is elite. I'm sure there are people here that would take ours over theirs as well. I'm actually on the fence about it myself so what gives here? You got a program that is considered in the top 3 in the nation and they can't... recruit?

What's going on with BV I don't understand why they don't have studs everywhere like bama and osu have.
Osu back 7 is not as talented as it usually is

Advertisement
It’s hard to see it all through one glass. Yes TL end TE9 should have dominated, and they did for the most part but man their back 7 is really mediocre. This is where a guy like BV earns his checks- there isn’t a single dude in the back 7 I would take over our guys. But their productivity is so much better because of the coaching and system. BV is the OJ squeezer fam. He gets every drop out of his guys. The talent gap caught up to them finally. Clemsons defense needs an infusion of talent in the back 7. The front 4 are elite and it works in ACC play, but get to the playoff and it’s gonna get picked a part. I’d bet BV would do wonders with out back 7. I know that’s hard to imagine because of how bad the d plays, but the talent of our back 7 actually is better then Clemsons.
They have a ton of super talented freshman linebackers who are better than our starters right now. I like our safeties better. There corners are still better. They put them in bump n run coverage more than we do so against great passing games they'll get burnt. They held up most of the season until last night

So Dabo to Texas gaining steam or what???

bronson.gif

Advertisement
I think Uiangalelei will be better than Lawrence so I have to disagree with you there. Plus their D line is young, their wide receivers this season were just good, not elite compared to years prior.
Disagree. Trevor dismantled Bama in the NC as a true freshman. Uiangalelei lost to a meh ND team. Kid is definitely talented and has an elite arm but I don't think he's Trevor.

Miami is no where close to competing with Clemson.
I completely agree with you but in his defense, he said “better compete” I don’t think he meant “compete.”

I also think we should be able to better compete as well ( I mean improvement). I’m not saying giving them a run for the money but more like 42-28 (competitive for at least a whole half before the coaching, talent, and depth disparity shows up fully). I don’t thinks that is too unreasonable of an expectation.

I guess nobody's worried about FSU giving them a run in the Atlantic.

Advertisement
My heart **** sure don’t bleed purple and orange for them. They’ll put up big $$$ to re-load and be right back in it next year. I think we’ll compete with them better next year.

ohio state would have beat their asses last year if fields wasn't on the crack pipe. Osu had a squad last year, it was all fields in that game.

Apparently they got a squad this year too however. I'm actually a little envious of osu, they got a fine running machine over there and really always have been. They don't settle for being garbage and it makes me wonder just how corrupt they are in comparison to bama.
You saw the man behind it all, in the stands. Cool as a man who OD’d on ambien.

My heart **** sure don’t bleed purple and orange for them. They’ll put up big $$$ to re-load and be right back in it next year. I think we’ll compete with them better next year.

They just landed the big OL from VA. While Dabo is there thwy will have no issues re-loading and stacking talent.

I do think Dabo’s days in Clemson are numbered. He’s going to Bama when it opens up.

The gap between Miami and Clemson will be even greater next year.

Advertisement
I agree. I said this to a mate and he thought I was being a little harsh.

In the context of all 130 FBS schools it is a great run. In the context of the teams that are truely competitive, which is about 6, they have to feel like they were going to get at least another one

Clemson relies on great QB play and great D line play. That’s been their bread and butter since Deshaun. They didn’t get that against teams that were comparable to them talent wise this year. You cant just replace that 2018 D line. They ain’t Bama. Those guys were old and elite. They’ll be better next year.

They have a ton of super talented freshman linebackers who are better than our starters right now. I like our safeties better. There corners are still better. They put them in bump n run coverage more than we do so against great passing games they'll get burnt. They held up most of the season until last night
Right but they don’t play those super talented freshman outside of the DL. We have no idea what we have behind the old guys stealing snaps tbh.

Advertisement
Right but they don’t play those super talented freshman outside of the DL. We have no idea what we have behind the old guys stealing snaps tbh.
Yeah they did. Those backers were getting alot of snaps especially when skalski was hurt and Mike jones. Look at there tackle stats

Yeah they did. Those backers were getting alot of snaps especially when skalski was hurt and Mike jones. Look at there tackle stats
Let me clarify, they play Skalski (like we do McCloud) more unless they are forced not to. Last night when he was ejected Herbstreit was talking about a young guy the came in that was super talented but super inexperienced. That’s what I meant.

Let me clarify, they play Skalski (like we do McCloud) more unless they are forced not to. Last night when he was ejected Herbstreit was talking about a young guy the came in that was super talented but super inexperienced. That’s what I meant.
My guess is bentley who is talented hasn't played a ton but he's made plays when hes in. I'm not sure I didn't get to watch it live. Usually jake venables is the back up and I think bentleys third string

Advertisement
Back