Clemson’s Disappointing Run

ICANEDOIT

Recruit
Premium
Clemson wins a NC in 2018 in beat down fashion against a very good Bama team and a freshman QB sensation.

After that season, I for one thought Trevor and Clemson would get one more. They have to be disappointed on the missed opportunities with him.

That 2018 Clemson team was loaded. The last two have seen a drastic drop off in talent.

Advertisement
Clemson wins a NC in 2018 in beat down fashion against a very good Bama team and a freshman QB sensation.

After that season, I for one thought Trevor and Clemson would get one more. They have to be disappointed on the missed opportunities with him.

That 2018 Clemson team was loaded. The last two have seen a drastic drop off in talent.
They were not missed opportunitie. They got their asses beat both times ..

I personally think they will lose to the eventual National champion both times.

LSU then Ohio State.

That 2018 team was loaded.

The issue is they lost that entire DL from that 2018 team, and they haven’t been able to replace it. They were better on the DL and secondary and WR group by a long ways.

WR-Tee Higgins
WR-Justin Ross
WR-Hunter Renfrow

DL-Austin Bryant
DL-Christian Wilkens
DL-Dexter Lawrence
DE-Clelin Ferrell
LB/S-Isaiah Simmons
CB-Mullen
CB-Terrell

5 first rounders and a 2nd rounder on that defense.

Justin Ross getting hurt really hurt their WR group this year as well as Ladson and Ngata. That group has missed the majority of the year.

Ross was going to be a 1,000 yard WR this year.

The DL istalented, but the 2 most talented are true freshman in Murphy and Bresee.

Last edited:
I personally think they will lose to the eventual National champion times.

LSU then Ohio State.

The issue is they lost that entire DL from that 2018 team, and they haven’t been able to replace it.
Good take. Their DL was young but they got beat up. Frankly, so did their OL. They haven’t been as good since that once in a lifetime DL came back in 18.

Advertisement
Even with a stacked deck, **** happens.. Not only do you have to be extremely talented but things need to fall in your favor too..

Samething with Bama, after Tua came in halftime and won his freshman year, most thought they would get atleast one more with that group..

Then Trevor wins freshman season..

Either way I would like to have their "disappointing run"

It takes more than one player. Clemson will still be the best team in the ACC next year but we should be able to better compete.
I think Uiangalelei will be better than Lawrence so I have to disagree with you there. Plus their D line is young, their wide receivers this season were just good, not elite compared to years prior.

ohio state would have beat their asses last year if fields wasn't on the crack pipe. Osu had a squad last year, it was all fields in that game.

Apparently they got a squad this year too however. I'm actually a little envious of osu, they got a fine running machine over there and really always have been. They don't settle for being garbage and it makes me wonder just how corrupt they are in comparison to bama.

Advertisement
It’s hard to see it all through one glass. Yes TL end TE9 should have dominated, and they did for the most part but man their back 7 is really mediocre. This is where a guy like BV earns his checks- there isn’t a single dude in the back 7 I would take over our guys. But their productivity is so much better because of the coaching and system. BV is the OJ squeezer fam. He gets every drop out of his guys. The talent gap caught up to them finally. Clemsons defense needs an infusion of talent in the back 7. The front 4 are elite and it works in ACC play, but get to the playoff and it’s gonna get picked a part. I’d bet BV would do wonders with out back 7. I know that’s hard to imagine because of how bad the d plays, but the talent of our back 7 actually is better then Clemsons.

It’s hard to see it all through one glass. Yes TL end TE9 should have dominated, and they did for the most part but man their back 7 is really mediocre. This is where a guy like BV earns his checks- there isn’t a single dude in the back 7 I would take over our guys. But their productivity is so much better because of the coaching and system. BV is the OJ squeezer fam. He gets every drop out of his guys. The talent gap caught up to them finally. Clemsons defense needs an infusion of talent in the back 7. The front 4 are elite and it works in ACC play, but get to the playoff and it’s gonna get picked a part. I’d bet BV would do wonders with out back 7. I know that’s hard to imagine because of how bad the d plays, but the talent of our back 7 actually is better then Clemsons.

so with what you just said let's think about something. Rumph is one of our recruiters, baker is our defensive coordinator

yet you'd take our 7 over their 7, a program that is elite. I'm sure there are people here that would take ours over theirs as well. I'm actually on the fence about it myself so what gives here? You got a program that is considered in the top 3 in the nation and they can't... recruit?

What's going on with BV I don't understand why they don't have studs everywhere like bama and osu have.

They would not even have been in playoffs if had Etienne not returned. Crazy to think he returned but somehow they convince these guys to do it.

Advertisement
I think Uiangalelei will be better than Lawrence so I have to disagree with you there. Plus their D line is young, their wide receivers this season were just good, not elite compared to years prior.
I think he is better too

I personally think they will lose to the eventual National champion both times.

LSU then Ohio State.

The issue is they lost that entire DL from that 2018 team, and they haven’t been able to replace it. They were better on the DL and secondary and WR group by a long ways.

WR-Tee Higgins
WR-Justin Ross
WR-Hunter Renfrow

DL-Austin Bryant
DL-Christian Wilkens
DL-Dexter Lawrence
DE-Clelin Ferrell
LB/S-Isaiah Simmons
CB-Mullen
CB-Terrell

5 first rounders and a 2nd rounder on that defense.

Justin Ross getting hurt really hurt their WR group this year as well as Ladson and Ngata. That group has missed the majority of the year.

Ross was going to be a 1,000 yard WR this year.

The DL istalented, but the 2 most talented are true freshman in Murphy and Bresee.
Tyler davis says hello on DL too. He might not be as talented but he's there best lineman

Lol at this thread. Clemson is going to come back healthy next year, with more experience, and replacing Lawrence w/ a QB who’s just as talented. It’s like a great white getting their *** kicked by another great while & some teeth fall out. It’s still a great white & those teeth will be replaced.

Clemson got beat by a phenomenal LSU team who put up video game numbers, and O$U was highly motivated for several reasons.

Clemson will be just fine, and they are bringing in the #5 class now. I’m going to assume they’ll be in the CFP next season, vying for another shot at the nat’l championship

Advertisement
I wouldnt call their run disappointing. They won 2 ncs. I'd trade for that all day.

I will however go back to my original evaluation in that Trevor is not that special. Hes great, but definitely not a genrational talent like many make him out to be. I thought I was wrong after his freshman season, but I'm seeing I was way more right.

I actually think Watson may have been better.

Advertisement
Back