Cleaning up the board

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Hey everybody,
We've all noticed a decrease in the quality of discussion since the spring game.

This has happened before (most notably after the Kansas State game), and we are going to do the same thing that we always do when quality goes downhill. For the next few weeks, the mods will be aggressive in dealing with thread-jacking, flaming, personal insults, and other forms of dumb posting. This can and will include bannings, some of which have already taken place.

Please keep this in mind, especially if things don't go our way on Friday. I hate to keep anybody from posting, but we need to do what we need to do to keep this as the best 'Canes board on the internet.

Advertisement
I would like the MODS to take into consideration all of the homophobic slurs and insults being thrown around. I am tired of having to log in to read about a recruit and read about him being "a ******", "*****", "***", etc. Would MODS allow people to use racial slurs? Would they allow recruits to be called the N word or the like? I don't see why bigoted, hateful speech like this gets a free pass. I am a life long canes fan, a hard working Miami native, and I have many friends and family who I would defend to the fullest if I heard that kind of language in the street. No need for it here.

Advertisement
"I would like the MODS to take into consideration all of the homophobic slurs and insults being thrown around. I am tired of having to log in to read about a recruit and read about him being "a ******", "*****", "***", etc. Would MODS allow people to use racial slurs? Would they allow recruits to be called the N word or the like? I don't see why bigoted, hateful speech like this gets a free pass. I am a life long canes fan, a hard working Miami native, and I have many friends and family who I would defend to the fullest if I heard that kind of language in the street. No need for it here."

AMEN

"I would like the MODS to take into consideration all of the homophobic slurs and insults being thrown around. I am tired of having to log in to read about a recruit and read about him being "a ******", "*****", "***", etc. Would MODS allow people to use racial slurs? Would they allow recruits to be called the N word or the like? I don't see why bigoted, hateful speech like this gets a free pass. I am a life long canes fan, a hard working Miami native, and I have many friends and family who I would defend to the fullest if I heard that kind of language in the street. No need for it here."

AMEN

Does that mean we can't use terms like Gayturd or Gaytor?

Could it be that some people have an irrational fear of language? Should we ban Linguophobics?

Just asking.

Advertisement
One strike system for personal attacks on recruits because some people might not know they're doing it. Temporary ban with explanation for the first strike (and obviously delete the post). Permanent ban the next time around.

Open discussion about a player's skills are fine, calling a recruit a ***** is completely unacceptable no matter what school he chooses to go to. These kids read this board, you think they want to play for a school that badmouths their buddy because he went somewhere else? No good comes from it and it needs to stop.

LOL@ DMoni trying to class up one of those most "low-class" fanbases in America. And that's perfectly fine with me, because it's who we are: the eternal outsiders to the CFB establishment. 30 years strong and the NCAA is still tryin' to **** us. It's our identity and how we're perceived by everybody that isn't us, so quit trying to sell a false bill of goods here, Miss Manners.

Besides, classing it up on the internet is always a losing battle, but what you CAN do is ban the trogs who derail threads routinely. Or just send them to the WEZ and they will be handled in the manner most appropriate.

the mods will need to be strong on this one. you will have a flagging/reporting war on your hands.

they have to decide which side is which.

141.jpg

Advertisement
LULZ at the concept of not being able to rip recruits who pick other schools. Some of you dudes are too soft to interact with other men.

Advertisement
Hey everybody,
We've all noticed a decrease in the quality of discussion since the spring game.

This has happened before (most notably after the Kansas State game), and we are going to do the same thing that we always do when quality goes downhill. For the next few weeks, the mods will be aggressive in dealing with thread-jacking, flaming, personal insults, and other forms of dumb posting. This can and will include bannings, some of which have already taken place.

Please keep this in mind, especially if things don't go our way on Friday. I hate to keep anybody from posting, but we need to do what we need to do to keep this as the best 'Canes board on the internet.

Good idea, D. Hopefully, your crew is sharp enough to clean up the right stuff and not completely sanitize the board of any funny commentary.

Start by cleaning up the anti-UM garbage posing as UM fans while propping up other schools. They do all the damage.

Amen, way too much trolling going on lately.

It sin´t even the trolling. It´s all the pointless drivel, the three pages of "We need this guy!!!" posts that bring nothing to a discussion and make you think twice about opening a thread.

I would like the MODS to take into consideration all of the homophobic slurs and insults being thrown around. I am tired of having to log in to read about a recruit and read about him being "a ******", "*****", "***", etc. Would MODS allow people to use racial slurs? Would they allow recruits to be called the N word or the like? I don't see why bigoted, hateful speech like this gets a free pass. I am a life long canes fan, a hard working Miami native, and I have many friends and family who I would defend to the fullest if I heard that kind of language in the street. No need for it here.

Reported.

Too many soft, female shouldered, politically correct candy asses here. Then you have the mouthbreathers that can't bear to hear the reality from some of the better people that actually come with logic and substance.

This is very grassyesque. Dudes ready to defend ones honor in the streets. Blah, blah, blah. Tomorrow should be fun when this site crashes again when Sony picks somewhere else.

Advertisement
Back