Claude George decommits

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports now27 seconds ago

Claude George wants to be a pass-rusher, which UM doesn't need with Muhammad, McCord, Jackson playing that role

Claude George wants to be a pass-rusher, which UM doesn't need with Muhammad, McCord, Jackson playing that role

I think thats excuse, Barrow left and he was already looking around.... Opens up another spot for a better prospect. ... Coach Hurlie Brown probably didn't want him anyway

Claude George wants to be a pass-rusher, which UM's coaches wouldn't let him be since they recruit 3-4 edge rusher types and waste their skill sets by continually dropping them into coverage while "rushing" three down linemen from the frog stance.

Fixed it for him.

Must be because of the banner.

Right?

Certainly didn't help.

mjl.gif

Advertisement

I think thats excuse, Barrow left and he was already looking around.... Opens up another spot for a better prospect. ... Coach Hurlie Brown probably didn't want him anyway

It's far more likely that George is a smart kid who realized he has a much better chance of being used properly as an actual edge rusher in a different defense. And he didn't want to wait around to see if there will be a scheme change after the season ends.

So he's not coming here because of a guy who is going to be a senior, a guy who is suspended for the season and a guy that hasn't played. Seems legit.

Advertisement
Advertisement

So he's not coming here because of a guy who is going to be a senior, a guy who is suspended for the season and a guy that hasn't played. Seems legit.

He only has 2 years, so all 3 mentioned will be back and ahead of him.

more than likely he realized um has the worst fans and the game attendance is another example of it

Advertisement

Claude George reacts to Barrow's departure
2015 Hutchinson Community College OLB Claude George has been committed to Miami since late June. A big reason was for his relationship with former linebackers coach Michael Barrow.

When I spoke with George on Friday morning, he had yet to hear about Barrow stepping down. He was shocked to say the least.

"It could impact my decision. He was a great coach and one of the big reasons I committed was to play under his coaching. It's just a huge blow," George said via text.

Advertisement
Back