Class thoughts (Long)

Great break down D-money! I felt the same about the foundation we laid for key positions. Although everyone hung up on misses, I feel great about this class. And amateur hour is def over @ the Gables! A decade of mediocrity is over! Let's go Canes! [emoji119]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
agreed in every respect, even if it is a bit rosy. we lack depth at CB and RB. regardless, we have the foundation for future success.

as to professionalism, i agree with this entirely. as per brooklyndee's post about CJ Henderson, I am so very glad that UM told him to **** off. this is important not only because we avoided a prima donna **** but it sends a message to other recruits in the tri county area that UM means business and that it is not going to kiss anyone's *** and beg people to come here. recruiting is a short step, long vision process. it takes quite a while for the work to pay off. even though this is richt's first true class, it was remarkably good.

and to review this class with last year's class, gives you a better perspective on quality. it looks like there will be 12-15 starters from these two classes, which confirms their quality.

Advertisement
I totally agree with everything you said. I am very happy with this class too. Offensive line was the key and we nailed it.

Thank you for a sensible, thought out post D. You nailed it in regards to the money positions.

Every year it's the same tired complaining when we have elite players committed for a year but miss out at the end. It's all "what have you done for me lately" and frankly it's a little embarrassing.

I want our fans to stop for a second and consider we just cleaned up at DL and OL.

DL and OL people. The two spots that we absolutely can't afford to miss. There just isn't enough year in year out talent at the spots locally.

I really can't add anything since you covered it all but if I had to pick the spots I would want to secure for this team it would be QB, DL, and OL and we accomplished that bigtime.

those are also the spots golden had most issues, he just never seemed to land top notch lineman and if he did misused them think Anthony chickolo and chad Thomas, as well as Norton and McIntosh 2 of which were 5 stars, the u look at oline and when they were able to land 4 star linemen they just never lived up to potential

u know richt knows how to get oline and dline guys from Georgia but its nice to see that was an area Miami cleaned up in this class in the oline, the de in this class and with joe Jackson should keep qbs up at nite wondering if there lineman can block them all.

Advertisement
Thank you for a sensible, thought out post D. You nailed it in regards to the money positions.

Every year it's the same tired complaining when we have elite players committed for a year but miss out at the end. It's all "what have you done for me lately" and frankly it's a little embarrassing.

I want our fans to stop for a second and consider we just cleaned up at DL and OL.

DL and OL people. The two spots that we absolutely can't afford to miss. There just isn't enough year in year out talent at the spots locally.

I really can't add anything since you covered it all but if I had to pick the spots I would want to secure for this team it would be QB, DL, and OL and we accomplished that bigtime.

Good **** JHallCanes

Advertisement
Regarding the DT position: This is a perfect situation for an undergrad transfer this year and/or a juco next year. We don't need any help at that position this year, but we need a pair ready to start next year (2018) plus a few more for depth and competition. We have Martin and Ford lined up now. I don't know if Fines might be good enough to proved some serviceable depth too in a pinch.

Advertisement
"Games are won and lost with quarterback play, blocking and pass rush. If those positions pan out like we expect, we will look back on this as a foundational class for the sixth national title."

LOVE THE IRRATIONAL CONFIDENCE.

@de pinga @weownfsu @mykill nova @pook187 @we the boss @raeder @brazilcane

Advertisement
Back