Class thoughts (Long)

Thank you for a sensible, thought out post D. You nailed it in regards to the money positions.

Every year it's the same tired complaining when we have elite players committed for a year but miss out at the end. It's all "what have you done for me lately" and frankly it's a little embarrassing.

I want our fans to stop for a second and consider we just cleaned up at DL and OL.

DL and OL people. The two spots that we absolutely can't afford to miss. There just isn't enough year in year out talent at the spots locally.

I really can't add anything since you covered it all but if I had to pick the spots I would want to secure for this team it would be QB, DL, and OL and we accomplished that bigtime.

Good **** JHallCanes

and qb's can't do it all so honorable mention to the wr class. Nice recovery by staff after being stiffed by Jeudy and Smith.

Advertisement
Adding Brandon Taylor to Richards, Mullins, Thomas and Harley gives us an influx of game breakers and speed. This receiving corp will cause nightmares for opposing defenses.

The thing that impresses me most about this class is the quality up and down the commit list. Not one kid who doesn't deserve a spot. We won't get beaten down in the second half of games with classes like this, and our special team play will improve dramatically.

this is an astute point that sometimes gets overlooked. Some of these newbies will get immediate playing time on special teams and give us flashes of what to expect if and when they earn starting time on defense or offense.

Forgot about Brandon Taylor.

Yet another reason why Dallas should probably play CB.

Advertisement
Super strong post. Finally some decent talent. Not too many long shots in there. More than half can provide depth right away and a few will start in the fall like Dean, Donaldson and maybe even Carter...

Spot on!

Advertisement
Well thought out with some excellent points I have not seen voiced elsewhere! The storm clouds are building in Coral Gables!

Fair points, but Al Golden's recruiting classes were majority Florida. His out of state recruits (Kaaya, Elder, Njoku, AQM, Herndon) were top level players on our team. His biggest roster fails came from scholarship reductions and players getting kicked out. As much as I thought Golden was a clown with most of his roster decisions (especially DB recruiting, Skai Moore, Kirkland, and Mackenzie), his roster failures were not from going out of state and ignoring local. Mr. SEC, Mark Richt and his expensive staff focused on local dbs and got owned by UF. South Florida is a hot market for talent but they have big families to feed.

The U doesn't just represent Miami zip codes. We just need the right guys that have that swag be wherever they are.

He didn't get enough top level talent in state. Spent too much time trying to find diamonds in the rough through his camp. Took way too many Golden Specials. Kids like Larry Hope and Nate Dortch should have never gotten offers at Miami.

More than a bit rosy. The national championship mention shouldn't be in there. That's the same caliber as all the posts expecting a sweep of the late decisions.

We had such a ridiculous stretch of elite play for so many years that we lost all sense of how difficult it is to win the title. The phrase is thrown around far more often than it should be. Right now you basically need to be replacing first round talent with first round talent at key positions and not surprised it is happening.

If our pass defense becomes extraordinary and stays there, I'll pay attention. Find some Malik Hooker type players.

Still waiting for some Vegas picks, boy.

Advertisement
The thing that impresses me most about this class is the quality up and down the commit list. Not one kid who doesn't deserve a spot. We won't get beaten down in the second half of games with classes like this, and our special team play will improve dramatically.

Agree. You can't point to anyone and say that's a reach.

Advertisement
Bradley Jennings an EE is tremendously athletic for a 6-2/220 LB. He is the fastest 110m hurdler on his track team. He finished 5th in the FHSAA 2A District 4 Championships. Best time 16.04...A 220lb Lb nearing the upper 15s!

Advertisement
Back