Class Projections

Ziggy

Junior
QB: Kaaya, Alin, Rosier, I believe Rosier will be the odd man out and go somewhere else once he gets another big offer. If I'm wrong, than let the best man win the QB job for the future. (Kaaya+Alin= 2 total)
RB: Yearby. Joe is a stud we all know that, but who will be joining him. I don't think Cook will but I hope I'm wrong. (Joe+Unknown = 2 total).
WR: Langham. Targets- Dixon, Lane, JoJo, Berrios (if we offer), Rudolph, Roberts. This position is really up in the air, hope lane stays home but I'm going to be conservative. (Langham+Dixon+JoJo= 3 total)
TE: Herndon. Targets- Dixon, Pierce. I think we need to pair Herndon with another TE. Not sure who it will be though, I don't feel too confident with those 2 targets. (Herndon+Unknown= 2 total)
OL: Darling, KC, Linder, Gibbons. Targets- Martinez, Knox, Wynn. Only Martinez do I feel slightly comfortable with but I think he's all FSU. (Darling+KC+Linder+ Gibbons= 4 total).

Offensive Summary: Commits: 10, Realistically: 13.

DT: Stuckey, Jenkins. Targets- Valentine. We need to add some more targets to this list. (Stuckey+Jenkins+Valentine+Unknown= 4 total)
DE: ZERO. Targets- Thomas, Brown, Harris. I believe we land Thomas, but we need to start getting guys more interested. (Thomas+Unknown=2 total)
LB: Smith, Owens, Young. Targets- Jackson. (Smith+Owens+Young=3 total) We are looking good here.
DB: Turner, Mayes. Targets- Hester, Lammons, Patten. I believe we land 1 of our 3 targets. (Turner+Mayes+Lammons=3 total)
ATH: Gray. Targets- Harris. I think we stick with Gray and probably ends up playing WR. (Gray=1 total)
Defensive Summary: Commits: 8, Realistically: 13.

Scary thought: UF gets Cook, Clark, Lammons, Lane, Qunicy, Yeargin, because there all boys and we didn't offer the last 2. Hope I'm wrong.
Key to Success: Winning. All these south florida recruits want to play for big time winning programs. A UF victory and ACC champs will go a long way.

All of the above was me bored at work with no actual insider information. Sorry if this is pointless but I needed something to fill some time. GO CANES!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good post but I still haven't wrapped my mind around all the guys that committed recently

I think this looks pretty realistic based on the information I've seen and with the understanding that there is a lot of time left. Solid work.

i think we get patton and lammons at CB, im worried about safeties, doesn't seem to be many that are "leaning miami" gotta think some more locals kids get offered there. also everybody knows DT is a weakness but i dont think we take a lot of DT's...we need impact players not bodies. i think if we stucky, jenkins, and valentine we probably stick with it unless we can flip clark (unlikely) or unless valentine has to prep. also seems like we need some new DE targets and has there been any mention of a 2nd RB besides flipping Cook? is powell's offer at RB?

Advertisement
I think we get Lammons, Lane, and Cook. The end of the NCAA uncertainty combined with a 9-10 win season is going to equal a few high profile landings down the stretch.

Advertisement
On the OL you overlooked Cortel Jenkins. With him, plus Martinez = 6

If we can land 4 WRs, I think we take all 4

Only add'l TE we take would be R. Pierce = 1 , maybe 2 total

At DT, don't overlook Holley

LB - With Jackson we would take 4

Otherwise I agree with your numbers. But, I also am CERTAIN we will be totally surprised by some unknown, or unexpected, that the staff is working on.

The OP wants to make class projections in June? Now that's comical!

Here's a pojection. The 18 current commits, at least 5 won't sign with UM...

The OP wants to make class projections in June? Now that's comical!

Here's a pojection. The 18 current commits, at least 5 won't sign with UM...

Great contribution, I don't see what's wrong with class projections in June.

Advertisement
On the OL you overlooked Cortel Jenkins. With him, plus Martinez = 6

If we can land 4 WRs, I think we take all 4

Only add'l TE we take would be R. Pierce = 1 , maybe 2 total

At DT, don't overlook Holley

LB - With Jackson we would take 4

Otherwise I agree with your numbers. But, I also am CERTAIN we will be totally surprised by some unknown, or unexpected, that the staff is working on.

Jenkins is a DT commit. Martinez hasn't committed...unless you know something we don't. He did however list Martinez a target. So it is possible.

Advertisement
We actually have a few DT targets that you didn't mention.

Gaillard
Holley
Corey Johnson
Derosier
Abu Lamin
Calvin Heurtelou (sp?)
and I know I'm forgetting several other offers. We have targets it's just that there's so many right now and not much info it's hard to get a read on any of them.

Also at LB, I think we have a real good shot at adding Antonio Smothers. I know it's down to us and Kansas State for him, and he said once he visits there he'll make a decision.

"Jenkins is a DT commit "

My bad! That's what happens when you rely on something on Scout. See Canestime commit list.

Advertisement
Back