Class of 2024 Defensive Back Ryan Mack Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
Thanks for the detail.

Is Mack a Safety or Corner? 247 lists him as a Safety. And is Day and Mack much of the same with Mack having a higher ceiling? I don't quite get the Day commit.

Another is D. Russell. Is this guy really 6'1" 235lbs? He's one of the lower ranked recruits we have and just screams project all over the place. with this player.

I guess of all the 3 STARS, Day and Russell to me seem to be major reaches...
Those are the two that to me, don’t belong in this class. I know Day is popular amongst people on the board because of the school he plays at. To me, I don’t see it and the offer list agrees with me, but I’m not going to just throw in the towel before his senior season. I’m fine with seeing it out and you know what - maybe we’re early to the party (which would be a nice chance to previous staffs). He has some tools, I just think there’s better prospects out there.

Most people think Russell doesn’t belong, and I agree. Especially when D-line is LOADED this year. He’s an obvious drop candidate for me if we’re fortunate to have 5 other DL want in. He was going to Nebraska before this, and that’s where I think he belongs. But again - he has been productive so I’ll wait it out through his senior season before giving a final verdict. Maybe he grows.

I think others have said Mack could be looked at as a corner. I tend to agree. I’m higher on him than a few others (he’s got speed) and he’s a key link that SHOULD*** land us Patterson and Trader. It’s been alluded to that the last point is ultimately what landed him in this class, but he does hold a better offer list than the aforementioned two. Chess not checkers here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not that rankings mean anything once they get on campus but do these recruiting sites to one more re ranking after these all star games? Kid def seems worth of 4 star status
I wonder that some times too , like I thought chaminade qb look better then the slow *** 5 star qb that a **** commit

Wish he could enroll early
I believe he’s going to confrubute right away . He see like he had the speed and ability to play cb right away . He was solid Imo I was highly impressed. It’s not like he was guarding a slouch in an all American game . He stayed in everyone hips, played the ball sometimes little early but that’s okay at least they didn’t blow by him.

Advertisement
I’ll take another Tracy Howard. He never really jumped off the screen but never really got us in too much trouble either as I can remember.

Edit: He and Deon Bush were part of a decent backfield and recruiting class. If I remember that was Duke’s class as well. They did have trouble at the other CB position though at times.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back