Class of 2014 Targets, and who do you hope we get, or want ?

Advertisement
Sony Michel
KC McDermott
Trevor Darling
Ermon Lane
Khari Clark
Anthony Moten

Dem be my Top 6 must gets at the moment.

Next year is the right year to have a big class.

With that said...I fully expect a ton of the names we talk about now to not be recruited by the end of the summer and even more by October...

Sony Michel
KC McDermott
Trevor Darling
Ermon Lane
Khari Clark
Anthony Moten

With that said...I fully expect a ton of the names we talk about now to not be recruited by the end of the summer and even more by October...

Lol why do you say that? That six you listed they NEED to stay on. Might be hard but staff needs to stay in DALVIN too and convince him and Sony to come. Can't let him get to another school.

Funny how that works. Folks were amped about Zo Woodley 2 years ago.

Nigel Patten is from BTW and didn't they say the coaches get mad at him for throwing up the U in practice? He's probably a kid we recruit as well.

Advertisement
Gotta use a classic:

190.gif

Sony Michel
KC McDermott
Trevor Darling
Ermon Lane
Khari Clark
Anthony Moten

Lol why do you say that? That six you listed they NEED to stay on. Might be hard but staff needs to stay in DALVIN too and convince him and Sony to come. Can't let him get to another school.

At this time last year, you had Al Golden kicking down the doors of Archbishop Carroll HS demanding he speak with Leroy Clark.

Its just nature of the beast...a ton of the guys we are talking about now haven't even been really evaluated yet...they might not even know some of these dudes names yet. Just being real.

Then, you got spring evals, you got summer camps...and guys fall by the wayside during the process. By September/October, you start to see schools whittle their list down and get focused on the big boys. Remember, Golden wants to keep a 60/40 ratio of in-state kids to national kids...so, if we got a 29 kid class...you'll get about 12 from South Florida (consider another 4-5 from in-state but not local). We got what...30 different kids listed in this thread right now, and a bunch will end up going elsewhere, for sure...

At this time last year...of all the names in SoFla and nationally, listed...we ended up with maybe...6 of them? (Burns, Carter, Olsen, Grace, Coley, Ray Ray)?

Just nature of the beast. We're basically talking about 16 year olds right now...a lot will change. It should be expected.

Names a lot of people had on these lists at this point last year...

Kermit Whitfield
Keith Bryant
Matthew Thomas
Denver Kirkland
Jaynard Bostwick
Jayron Kearse
Alex Collins
Jordan Cunningham
Quay Bain
Hunter Biven
Deadrin Senat
Joey Bosa
Jordan Sherit
Paul James
Debo Williams
Michael Deeb
Vernon Hargreaves III

See what I'm saying?

Last edited:
Sony Michel
KC McDermott
Trevor Darling
Ermon Lane
Khari Clark
Anthony Moten

At this time last year, you had Al Golden kicking down the doors of Archbishop Carroll HS demanding he speak with Leroy Clark.

Its just nature of the beast...a ton of the guys we are talking about now haven't even been really evaluated yet...they might not even know some of these dudes names yet. Just being real.

Then, you got spring evals, you got summer camps...and guys fall by the wayside during the process. By September/October, you start to see schools whittle their list down and get focused on the big boys. Remember, Golden wants to keep a 60/40 ratio of in-state kids to national kids...so, if we got a 29 kid class...you'll get about 12 from South Florida (consider another 4-5 from in-state but not local). We got what...30 different kids listed in this thread right now, and a bunch will end up going elsewhere, for sure...

At this time last year...of all the names in SoFla and nationally, listed...we ended up with maybe...6 of them? (Burns, Carter, Olsen, Grace, Coley, Ray Ray)?

Just nature of the beast. We're basically talking about 16 year olds right now...a lot will change. It should be expected.

Names a lot of people had on these lists at this point last year...

Kermit Whitfield
Keith Bryant
Matthew Thomas
Denver Kirkland
Jaynard Bostwick
Jayron Kearse
Alex Collins
Jordan Cunningham
Quay Bain
Hunter Biven
Deadrin Senat
Joey Bosa
Jordan Sherit
Paul James
Debo Williams
Michael Deeb
Vernon Hargreaves III

See what I'm saying?

Oh yeah, I understand what youre saying as far as BIG LIST of kids goes. I should have been more specific andput I HOPE the staff doesn't stop going after any of those six kids you originally listed. Those are ELITE kids.

Lets stop this Chad Thomas isnt coming here stuff, its going to be a whole year of recruiting and things will change

https://twitter.com/F5_Chad/status/299173893531377664

I can understand that mindset. I grew up in different cities mainly Baltimore and Philadelphia which are urban fast life cities. I can see how some kids want to get away. I went away to college and it was country, but I enjoyed the experiences there.

Hopefully we will get enough of the guys we want and just win out on the field. Anything is Possible

Advertisement
OL Trevor Darling
OL Kc McDermott
OL Reilly Gibbons
OL Nick Linder
RB Sony Michel
RB Dalvin Cook
QB/ATH Quinton Flowers
WR Ermon Lane
Ath Travis Rudolph
WR Tyre Brady
WR Corey Holmes
DT Khairi Clark
DL Anthony Moten
DE Keyon Brown
DB Quincy Wilson
LB Frank Newman

would love to see us recruit CB Tony Brown out of Texas and Jabrill Peppers out of NJ.

southdade also
Chad Thomas has told people he wants FSU.

I'll tell you what, though...The petulant children-- amusingly referring to themselves as coaches-- that patrol BTW's sideline don't own the keys to UM's success.

Homestead
Central
Killian
MNW
Edison
North Miami Beach
Carol City
Columbus
Norland
Southridge
Hialeah
All Dade schools that produce plenty of talent.

**** BTW. If Al wants to recruit them, then its his prerogative to do so--just don't use them as an excuse in the future. Frankly, I want nothing to do with BTW kid, unless that kid basically asks to be recruited and keeps a muzzle on his "coaches".
Miramar too

Advertisement
Come on Larry, Im a new cat here but I got mad respect for you as a poster becuz you seem like an old school cat but you know **** well fam that we were not getting VH3, Bosa, James, and some other guys on that list. (Kearse mainly. He was fickle as they come.) I think 2014 will be different because alot of the kids are from either the 305 or 954. No 561 or north of that. (Like Bryant/Bostwick) These kids are IN the fence. I feel what you are saying but i am a little more optimistic. JMO.

OL Trevor Darling
OL Kc McDermott
OL Reilly Gibbons
OL Nick Linder
RB Sony Michel
RB Dalvin Cook
QB/ATH Quinton Flowers
WR Ermon Lane
Ath Travis Rudolph
WR Tyre Brady
WR Corey Holmes
DT Khairi Clark
DL Anthony Moten
DE Keyon Brown
DB Quincy Wilson
LB Frank Newman

would love to see us recruit CB Tony Brown out of Texas and Jabrill Peppers out of NJ.

**** atleast quote me if your gonna copy my list lol

Advertisement
2 out of state guys I would like to see us go after heavy are WR K.D. Cannon (Top Texas talent, that really REALLY Wants that Miami Offer) and TE Jacory Washington

Advertisement
Back