Class Impact: Zion Nelson to Miami

View as article
@txcanes
What is the point in trying to show people up bc they doubted an App St commit coming here? Are we supposed to never say anything negative and just say “this kid has potential,” every time there’s a commit? I don’t get what’s trying to get accomplished.

Trusting the coaches hasn’t worked in almost two decades. And don’t try to act like you were excited about this undersized kid who didn’t have a committable P5 offer when we our coach who couldn’t get production out of legit guys we had on the roster

I kind of agree with both of you, is it fine to question the staff taking this kid at the last minute? yes. But people in this thread went above and beyond to trash the kid... I never liked that, he committed, he is a cane, he is family, and I will root for him. Someone messes up, then they catch ****. But people def went over the line in trashing the kid without him even stepping on campus or doing anything wrong.

On the other side, no point in gloating and trying to show people up, especially when all we have is a few practice reports and quotes saying he has been a pleasant surprise.... wasn't this the kid who missed the spring game to attend a wedding? Let's see him in some real action, I don't think anyone (at least now) is not rooting for this kid to succeed.

Advertisement
I kind of agree with both of you, is it fine to question the staff taking this kid at the last minute? yes. But people in this thread went above and beyond to trash the kid... I never liked that, he committed, he is a cane, he is family, and I will root for him. Someone messes up, then they catch ****. But people def went over the line in trashing the kid without him even stepping on campus or doing anything wrong.

On the other side, no point in gloating and trying to show people up, especially when all we have is a few practice reports and quotes saying he has been a pleasant surprise.... wasn't this the kid who missed the spring game to attend a wedding? Let's see him in some real action, I don't think anyone (at least now) is not rooting for this kid to succeed.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but who cares what people on here say? All the “don’t be a fan later,” stuff and hushing your own fans is great for locker room talk and post game interviews, but that’s it. You wanna know who doesn’t care what fans or anybody says? Outside of Lebron, the best players in every sport. Quit crying about what people say about you, and go prove them wrong.

Questions now? Starting left tackle in spring game. The point is , let the coaches do their jobs without this run the mouth junk.

yeah if he is so good like you claim, why is our O-line the first picture of **** in the dictionary? maybe you shouldn't run your mouth based on spring practice when 60% of the roster isn't even on campus.

Advertisement
I’m a firm believer in the strategy that we should never recruit an OL that we don’t want to put 30-50 pounds on. It is easier to build than to reshape.
BTW, I think ElGammal will also be a contributor, not this year, but soon enough.
If you want to run a power offense like Richt had a Georgia you recruit the Donaldson’s of the world. If you plan on running a more diverse attack then you need more athletic lineman.

I wish that was the case, I wonder sometimes.

ignore him. This guy's schtick is to call out people, throw out insults, etc. Let him be.
Wrong, I might call out a fan who has been a real tool towards a cane player or coach, period. Ignore you is a good idea. Go Canes. You ok with that?

Advertisement
What were their names?

LMFAO this was over 10 years ago. You think I remember random TEs names on my HS team? We also had numerous basketball players that moved better than him at 240. 240 is not heavy at 6-5. Being able to move at 240 6-5 is not an impressive feat.

247 has said they'll start evaluating guys like Zion different, no over rank 300+ lb guys just because they can bully everybody

LMFAO this was over 10 years ago. You think I remember random TEs names on my HS team? We also had numerous basketball players that moved better than him at 240. 240 is not heavy at 6-5. Being able to move at 240 6-5 is not an impressive feat.
Quite possibly THE most BS answer ever to appear on CIS. You don't remember the names of 240 lb plus D-1 level athletes that you allegedly played with a little over 10 years ago? And "numerous" basketball players who were also 240. I say you're lying through your teeth. Go get your yearbook out and give us some names. It's pretty **** easy to verify whether any of these alleged D-! guys who move better than a guy who got a full scholly to The U. Remember, the cover up is always worse than the lie and you just told a whopper and made it worse by dropping some nonsense that you didn't think anyone would call you out on. If you can't remember the names of D-1 level athletes from a mere 10 years ago, you must have early onset Alzheimers.

Advertisement
That is what I thought, full of hot air and Bs. Lmao.

Wrong, I might call out a fan who has been a real tool towards a cane player or coach, period. Ignore you is a good idea. Go Canes. You ok with that?

My friend, you proved my point.

Don’t be so angry at your fellow man. Relax, have a beer, enjoy life, don’t be a keyboard warrior. How old are you? I’m sure you know by now that life is too short to be like this. Cheers, mane.

Advertisement
I’m a firm believer in the strategy that we should never recruit an OL that we don’t want to put 30-50 pounds on. It is easier to build than to reshape.
BTW, I think ElGammal will also be a contributor, not this year, but soon enough.
If you want to run a power offense like Richt had a Georgia you recruit the Donaldson’s of the world. If you plan on running a more diverse attack then you need more athletic lineman.

Spot on. And we ran zone with a bunch of maulers. Insanity.

Quite possibly THE most BS answer ever to appear on CIS. You don't remember the names of 240 lb plus D-1 level athletes that you allegedly played with a little over 10 years ago? And "numerous" basketball players who were also 240. I say you're lying through your teeth. Go get your yearbook out and give us some names. It's pretty **** easy to verify whether any of these alleged D-! guys who move better than a guy who got a full scholly to The U. Remember, the cover up is always worse than the lie and you just told a whopper and made it worse by dropping some nonsense that you didn't think anyone would call you out on. If you can't remember the names of D-1 level athletes from a mere 10 years ago, you must have early onset Alzheimers.

A whopper? I could do that, but I would rather people on here didn't know which HS I went to since I was the only UM grad from my grade.

I will give you a hint its in NYC who sends tons of kids every year(alone with kids from our suburbs) to D1 basketball schools. Your average d1 basketball player is going to move better than an OL. That is just common sense. If ZIon at 6-5 was more athletic than these kids he would be playing basketball in college not OL.

Bye, you are showing your a hater. Lets watch him develop and enjoy the ride please.

LMAO! How am I being a hater? It is a straight fact. Next we are going to be talking about how the 220lb first basemen we are recruiting is a better athlete than James Harden.

I hope the kid becomes great. I am just pointing out the ridiculousness of someone saying the kid moves well for an OL, but forget that the kid is only 240. 240 is not that heavy, especially at 6'5. He should be able to move.

Advertisement
Back