Class Impact: Xavier Restrepo to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Real talk: If he had more melanin with the same athletic ability and accomplishments (such as WR MVP at Miami combine) and work ethic and attitude our fans would be slobbering over him.

This dude is a bad *** to player and the kind of guy who raises the level of competition and spirit on his team. And he absolutely loves UM. You need guys like this to win championships. He’s not some sorry *** athlete either. His quickness is elite, and he’s basically uncoverable in short areas.

This is the type of **** that doesn't even need to be said if you just watch the **** tape.

This kid is an incredible football player.

Real talk: If he had more melanin with the same athletic ability and accomplishments (such as WR MVP at Miami combine) and work ethic and attitude our fans would be slobbering over him.

This dude is a bad *** to player and the kind of guy who raises the level of competition and spirit on his team. And he absolutely loves UM. You need guys like this to win championships. He’s not some sorry *** athlete either. His quickness is elite, and he’s basically uncoverable in short areas.

Without a doubt. And his ranking scares weirdos away too, although I guarantee you a portion of that ranking comes from his lack of time at the beach also.

I see a guy who’s always open w sure hands. We don’t need anymore 5’10 safeties. We need reliable guys who can keep the chains moving and more leaders on offense. Really, really like the pick up. I blame @Coach Macho for forcing me to dig further into X. The more Hudl film I watched of him, the more I fell in love w his attitude & craft.

Advertisement
The transfer to STA is commonplace in any state. It's going from a public to private school. The transfer to Deerfield while living in the Monarch district is another story. In Florida, you can get a transfer voucher from one public school to another if your local school scores poorly on FCAT standardized tests. You can transfer to any higher scoring public school that isn't at or near capacity as long as you supply your own transportation. They call it "school choice" and it's supposed to give parents who can't afford a private school an opportunity to send their kid to a better performing public school. It's a huge mixed bag and I won't get into the details here as there's positives and negatives. You can also just lie and say you moved if school choice isn't an option. It doesn't really take much to fake a residence in a different school's district if you want to transfer there. All you need is to know somebody with an address in that area. The school system is probably too lax on that type of thing because it happens all the time.
Thanks. I never understood how the **** the kids down there were transferring constantly. It's just not a thing whatsoever up here other than as you said public to private, but even that is very rare.

I see a guy who’s always open w sure hands. We don’t need anymore 5’10 safeties. We need reliable guys who can keep the chains moving and more leaders on offense. Really, really like the pick up. I blame @Coach Macho for forcing me to dig further into X. The more Hudl film I watched of him, the more I fell in love w his attitude & craft.
Yep, Every team needs me a Mr. 3rd down conversion. Gonna enjoy watching him play.

Advertisement
Just here to see this:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back