Class Impact: Tyler Johnson to Miami

Advertisement
In your opinion Liberty, with him being Quan’s brother and all, will he stick in this class? How’s his LB skills improving?

Advertisement
We're gonna have a ton a young depth & increased athleticism at LB, Striker & Safety.

It's just gonna come down to whether or not the staff can move on from hiding behind playing 5th & 6th year Seniors everywhere as a clutch.

Especially with transfer rules essentially becoming you can leave & practically get immediate eligibility, they better figure it out because the "wait your turn" & play Special Teams for 3 years philosophy is not gonna cut it in today's era.

The one place on the defense where we need a bigtime youth movement is LB. We need Brooks, Huff, Cave and the 2021 boys to take over all the snaps next year.

Advertisement
We're gonna have a ton a young depth & increased athleticism at LB, Striker & Safety.

It's just gonna come down to whether or not the staff can move on from hiding behind playing 5th & 6th year Seniors everywhere as a clutch.

Especially with transfer rules essentially becoming you can leave & practically get immediate eligibility, they better figure it out because the "wait your turn" & play Special Teams for 3 years philosophy is not gonna cut it in today's era.
I think it's going to come down to if this staff can literally develop any LB period. So far they have shown they're inept at it. We are going to have a **** load of talent at Striker and Safety, but then again we have a lot of talent this year and yet Amari Carter is the captain and literally gets 1 targeting call per game. Why the **** this dude is still a team captain, I'll never know... but The same dudes that loved Robert Knowles love him... When Amari Carter returns for another season, Its going to be depressing how much he plays.

Honestly the only thing I have confidence in Defensively is our DLine, and we're bringing in a great DT class. I have zero confidence this staff will develop LBs, especially if Baker is still on staff. CB is a joke at this point. Even if Rumph was excellent at developing the guys our depth and overall talent level is garbage. Safety and Striker I think we have so much talent they'll do well even with the idiotic decisions regarding the depth chart this staff WILL make next year.

So you mean guys earning playing time from how long you've been enrolled is not what they do everywhere?

Advertisement

They will or they will be gone like everyone else.

:sips Jack Daniels Apple:

Special Teams is what the real CFB programs do with the extra bodies. We are the ones that give them playing time because of seniority.
I think he means if you don’t allow for an increase in initial counters, and you have a wave of guys transferring out of programs, then there are going to be a bunch of guys stuck without schools while there will be a bunch of schools well below the 85 count.

5EF60326-E41A-49A7-BB58-488531FBF007.jpeg

Advertisement
I think it's going to come down to if this staff can literally develop any LB period. So far they have shown they're inept at it. We are going to have a **** load of talent at Striker and Safety, but then again we have a lot of talent this year and yet Amari Carter is the captain and literally gets 1 targeting call per game. Why the **** this dude is still a team captain, I'll never know... but The same dudes that loved Robert Knowles love him... When Amari Carter returns for another season, Its going to be depressing how much he plays.

Honestly the only thing I have confidence in Defensively is our DLine, and we're bringing in a great DT class. I have zero confidence this staff will develop LBs, especially if Baker is still on staff. CB is a joke at this point. Even if Rumph was excellent at developing the guys our depth and overall talent level is garbage. Safety and Striker I think we have so much talent they'll do well even with the idiotic decisions regarding the depth chart this staff WILL make next year.
Good take, but I have to disagree an a couple things. Not sure how Amari and Knowles can be lumped into the same bucket. Two completely different players and talent levels. Amari is good, he just wants to kill you when he tackles you. Knowles was a pinwheel getting turned around lost in the middle of the field. Both good kids tho.
And CB isn’t what I would consider gobbich. Al Blades bonehead play giving up that TD last week was mind boggling at best. But he’s still a dynamic athlete and will be drafted. Ivey has played much better and Couch will be awesome with a little more experience. Not having Christian Williams hurts. The biggest issue is just in recruiting. We need bodies.

Good take, but I have to disagree an a couple things. Not sure how Amari and Knowles can be lumped into the same bucket. Two completely different players and talent levels. Amari is good, he just wants to kill you when he tackles you. Knowles was a pinwheel getting turned around lost in the middle of the field. Both good kids tho.
And CB isn’t what I would consider gobbich. Al Blades bonehead play giving up that TD last week was mind boggling at best. But he’s still a dynamic athlete and will be drafted. Ivey has played much better and Couch will be awesome with a little more experience. Not having Christian Williams hurts. The biggest issue is just in recruiting. We need bodies.
Yeah dude saying someone that gets literally one targeting call per game is good, is ridiculous. What plays does Carter actually make? He makes like 3 big hits a game and 1 always ends up being a targeting. Dude absolutely hurts this defense more than he helps, and he's a ******* captain. It's ridiculous.

We have 4 CBs. Blades has been average this year. Ivey started complete garbage like last year, but has improved to at least playable. Couch hasn't done anything crazy. Then what? I 100% think we are ****ed at CB. And for some reason this staff refuses to address the situation.

Advertisement
Back