Class Impact: Tirek Austin-Cave to Miami

So you think it has been coaching/system more than actual talent on roster?

Clearly QBs haven't been developed...not that they were world beaters, but instruction/system clearly lacking.

As to the OL, I'm not convinced any of them would have started at Wake Forest...until proven otherwise.

I firmly believe this program has had enough talent for the last 5 years to finish ranked and with a winning record. The fact that the team talent and number of blue chips is higher than 100-150 other programs and the results on the field have been this bad tells me coaching the talent level just to how it is ranked would be a massive improvement.

Once the team plays to its talent level then we can whine about coaching players beyond that and recruiting like teams like Washington or Wisconsin do. This team hasn’t had coaching to get the most out of its talent in a long time.

It’s not like this team is recruiting 2-3 stars and getting top 25 results. This is a program easily recruiting top 25 talent getting top 50 results.

Advertisement
I firmly believe this program has had enough talent for the last 5 years to finish ranked and with a winning record. The fact that the team talent and number of blue chips is higher than 100-150 other programs and the results on the field have been this bad tells me coaching the talent level just to how it is ranked would be a massive improvement.

Once the team plays to its talent level then we can whine about coaching players beyond that and recruiting like teams like Washington or Wisconsin do. This team hasn’t had coaching to get the most out of its talent in a long time.

It’s not like this team is recruiting 2-3 stars and getting top 25 results. This is a program easily recruiting top 25 talent getting top 50 results.

2 things

1. There is only 130 FBS schools.

2. Do you believe Miami, talent wise is Top 30 in the last 5 years?

Yes, very funny. We will suck and in 2 years you’ll finally get it. Then the next coach will do the same, you guys will blindly follow, and we’ll have this same interaction of you mocking me.
Win or lose I'm a Cane. being a fan of a team who forged my youth, dominated my wardrobe for over a decade, and gave me an opportunity to share wins and defeats with friends and family doesn't make me blind. It makes me a Miami Hurricane.
:dbc::dbc::dbc:
Suck or not I bleed Orange and Green.

2 things

Well, 2014-2018 the Canes didn't have a recruiting class lower than 27th. If you think stars are the determining factor, then obviously the answer to your question is yes, easily.

If you don't think stars matter, why would you complain about all of our 3 stars?

Advertisement
Lol name them
Tirek Austin Cave, Elijah Roberts, Romello Height, Quentin Williams, and considering how Tre'von Riggins and Keshawn Washington only dropped in the rankings due to their injuries, once they are healthy and start competing again they should also get a bump in the rankings. You also have prospects like Daran Branch, Alvin Mathis, and Restrepo who might not get a bump all the way to a 4 star, but wouldn't be surprise if they also move up a little in the rankings.

2 things

As a total top to bottom organization...

No.

It really isn't debatable, as frustrating as that is to say and see.

Richt (who is now gone) had a very real possibility of 8+ Ls this season.

Tirek Austin Cave, Elijah Roberts, Romello Height, Quentin Williams, and considering how Tre'von Riggins and Keshawn Washington only dropped in the rankings due to their injuries, once they are healthy and start competing again they should also get a bump in the rankings. You also have prospects like Daran Branch, Alvin Mathis, and Restrepo who might not get a bump all the way to a 4 star, but wouldn't be surprise if they also move up a little in the rankings.
Guaranteed at least two or three will get a senior ratings bump!

As a total top to bottom organization...

No.

It really isn't debatable, as frustrating as that is to say and see.

Richt (who is now gone) had a very real possibility of 8+ Ls this season.
We had one of the 5 best defenses in all of college football. We definitely had the talent. We just didn’t have talent at the most important position, horrible offense coaching, and the worst punter in college football.

Advertisement
I obviously would take Flowe over any recruit including Van Dyke.... That said, I would be ecstatic to finish the LB class with Hyppolite!
I fixed it for you. Flowe is as close to a generational player a la Lebron James (sorry wrong sport) as there is, while TVD is a very good player. If everything holds, we have Jake "The Snake" Garcia coming in next year who is the total package.
I agree with Hyppolite though whether Flowe comes or not. Need that kid here.

Its good to be optimistic but your argument is low probability. There are only so many 4* spots. Fan bases around the country are all saying the same thing to themselves. The summer circuit is about over. Fall camps start soon. It becomes a lot harder for kids to move up significantly. Others have to drop for that to happen. It’s especially hard to move uo significantly at this point for kids who aren’t on top teams in big states at key positions. It can happen, but you’re predicting it will, and for many of our kids. A couple of our guys will likely move up. A couple may move down as well. We should not care what Rivals ends up saying. Lets hope the staff can evaluate.

Advertisement
This. I loved Steed’s film coming out. Kid is a natural LB. I’m looking forward to the day #17 starts for the Canes. Frank Gore should be a great inspiration for him.

Go Canes!

Steed will likely never play a down here.

Advertisement
I fixed it for you. Flowe is as close to a generational player a la Lebron James (sorry wrong sport) as there is, while TVD is a very good player. If everything holds, we have Jake "The Snake" Garcia coming in next year who is the total package.
I agree with Hyppolite though whether Flowe comes or not. Need that kid here.
While I agree with the Flowe sentiment, Signing a quality QB every class is a MUST not a luxury! While Flowe would be the Best LB in a Class of 4/5, while Van Dyke would be the Top QB signing in a Class of 1. If we missed on either which one would be more impactful to the class?

Its been a long time since we have seen it, but let me reacquaint with this concept.

Miami isn't supposed to be a Top 25 team.

Miami is supposed to be the #1 team with everyone else as also rans.

TEN teams, yes TEN have more 4/5 stars than Miami. TEN. Let that sink in.

NOW, if the staff feel they have recruited absolutely the best at the position they can get, well let's go Canes.

It's ok to be concerend until Miami starts winning big games (fu[]k sake small games) consistently.

How many ACC Championship's do our Canes have again?

Is #1 not in the Top 25?

Advertisement
Back