Class Impact: Marcus Clarke to Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huge pickup. Absolutely huge! Clarke is that multi talented and explosive skilled athlete that you love to have on defense especially at the CB position. On film, Clarke shows a high football IQ and is a very natural, instinctive football player.

I continue to be impressed by what this staff is accomplishing on the recruiting trail despite coming off a 7-6 record. The difference between this staff and the one who preceded it is getting to a "night and day" type level. In short, this staff exudes confidence and most importantly competence! Granted this has all been during the off season but they have passed with flying colors so far. On August 24th the real exam begins.

Advertisement
I would keep all options open on this kid. The first day of practice I’m lining him up at WR to throw a deep ball, slant, and bubble to see what he can do. That being said, the money for a long term career is at CB if you’re really that gifted. Not to mention we desperately need a gifted CB in this class.
Like a champ bailey type.. Kid looks really wiry.. I like this pick up the more I watch his film.

Wiltfong is the head director of recruiting at 247, so for all yall that worship the word of the recruiting sites, there you go.

Unfortunately not even this, is going to be enough to appease all of the elitist, POS, dyck sucking, star whores in our fanbase, who form opinions/judgements about players, not by actually WATCHING FILM, but by googling how many stars they've attained next to their name. They are of course oblivious to the fact that these rankings are inherently biased, political, & possess a high degree of statistical variance.

Unfortunately not even this, is going to be enough to appease all of the elitist, POS, dyck sucking, star whores in our fanbase, who form opinions/judgements about players, not by actually WATCHING FILM, but by googling how many stars they've attained next to their name. They are of course oblivious to the fact that these rankings are inherently biased, political, & possess a high degree of statistical variance.
In people’s defense, the statistics show that the more blue chips you have, the more wins you have - generally speaking. Additionally, not everyone has time to watch +50 17 year old kids play football (commitments plus targets over the course of the recruiting year) . There is nothing wrong with using the star system to get a feel for a kid or class.

That said, there is something wrong to have an opinion/complaint about a specific 3 star if you haven’t watched their film.

Advertisement
year four into rumph's tenure and we're starting to build quality depth ... have to give him credit

Yep, and in possibly the worst CB class in years for South Florida and Florida overall.

We haven't gotten the #1s like Surtain or Stevenson. But we've gotten #2s that Rumph can turn into #1s like Ivey and Blades, or natural beasts like Bandy and Couch that don't meet the measurement "requirements" to be called 5-stars, but are elite nonetheless. This kid fits that mold. He's going to be a good one.

Hopefully, in another year or two, CBs are going to gravitate to Rumph like QBs are doing with Enos based on how he develops his guys. One can dream.

Advertisement
Hrs a football player and too many people don't appreciate how important and difficult just getting football players like this is. Love this addition
No idea what this means. Some generic bland stuff, thank god he plays football or it would’ve been a real recruiting miss

I love having pure athletes at CB. Best thing for Clarke is he won’t be relied on at all year 1 and Rumph can really get him ready for prime time.

Advertisement
Back