Class Impact: Marcus Clarke to Miami

Advertisement
Just weird to me Wiltfong acknowledges he’s a top player in the state , yet the site he’s been the head director of has him ranked the 107th best player in Florida ? **** doesn’t make sense
Not sure why people havent figured out the rating system yet.

They may well be directionally accurate, but directionally accurate and accurate are two different things. The key is to understand where the cracks are. Once you do, you will not be surprised why some kids get underrated and perhaps some get overrated. Moving kids up is a process, amd it int pure, and there is a massive confirmation bias and hindsight bias in the rankings. Coming out of summer camps, attention is elsewhere. This kid will likely move up but $EC comes after him hard, there is little incentive for anyone at the ratings services to bother fighting for him to move far up.

He's got athleticism, ball skills, good instincts, and enough size. Rumph can teach him the rest. Potential through the roof with this kid, and, at worst, he looks more than capable of contributing in the return game.

Just weird to me Wiltfong acknowledges he’s a top player in the state , yet the site he’s been the head director of has him ranked the 107th best player in Florida ? **** doesn’t make sense
247 bumped him up to #51 overall in the state of Florida( a high 3 star 89 rating), its the rivals and espn sites who still have him rated really low

Advertisement

Agreed.

When F$U gets a 0-star recruit, within the week he is suddenly rated higher than OLs who commited to UM and UF.

But when Wiltfong raves about a kid who chooses Miami, he doesn't move in the ratings.

May not be a full-blown conspiracy, but it's weird as ****.

Advertisement
What’s harley’s bench then? As a senior

It's not about one player, it's about how behind physically and mentally the average freshman is compared to players already on the roster.

When you factor in school, playbook, weight training and no real spring and extremely limited fall practices, it made it very difficult for incoming kids to make an impact.

Advertisement
The % of of 20 year olds who get regular weight training and top nutrition, and can bench 225 at least once is 100%.

I’d be shocked if Harley can put up 225 once
Harley takes a lot of heat around here. But apparently he practices hard and is out there playing, and had a great score the other day. I realize he’s not as big, fast or strong as folks would like. And he’s not always made the catches folks would like. But he is out there. If he’s so bad, why not talk about the folks who can’t even beat him out for pt?

Advertisement
Harley takes a lot of heat around here. But apparently he practices hard and is out there playing, and had a great score the other day. I realize he’s not as big, fast or strong as folks would like. And he’s not always made the catches folks would like. But he is out there. If he’s so bad, why not talk about the folks who can’t even beat him out for pt?

You can ALWAYS use guys like that on your team - an Andre king type of guy. A guy who can come in with some spot reps as a 3rd or 4th WR, provide good leadership, etc. Unfortunately, he's our #2 (basically).

Advertisement
Back