Class Impact: Kamren Kinchens to Miami

We need to start talking about this guy as an elite player in the country. His INT production is off the charts, he has range, he's a football junkie, he busts heads and he's fast. Total package at S.

He dropped a gimme int against Central as well.

This Safety class is SCARY with him and James.

If only we can bring in the cbs to compliment this group.

Its going to be hard keeping these guys off the field as freshman.

Dont like to do it too much...but his comp for me is a guy that currently works on our staff. If he can put in the work in the s&c, along with the filmwork he has that type of ability down the road. I dont like doing those big time comps like that...but his play style is very similar to that guys

Advertisement
We need to start talking about this guy as an elite player in the country. His INT production is off the charts, he has range, he's a football junkie, he busts heads and he's fast. Total package at S.

I dont say too much to not spam the board and bias but the game speaks for itself..

I’m going to talk about this on the Friday Night Insight podcast this week but I’ll say it here too. Miami has the best safety duo in the country committed. Two guys, who on a field filled with power 5 talent, consistently show they are the best player.

I’m going to talk about this on the Friday Night Insight podcast this week but I’ll say it here too. Miami has the best safety duo in the country committed. Two guys, who on a field filled with power 5 talent, consistently show they are the best player.
And thats WITHOUT mentioning Chase Smith who essentially plays that spot as well in high school.

Dont like to do it too much...but his comp for me is a guy that currently works on our staff. If he can put in the work in the s&c, along with the filmwork he has that type of ability down the road. I dont like doing those big time comps like that...but his play style is very similar to that guys

The alumni I never ever ever compare recruits to are Sapp, Reed, Lewis and Taylor. Not sure why they're all defense. lol. I suppose you can put Hester in that pantheon. He was technically defense, as well. But he was the original alien with his returns.

Advertisement
Manny and Banda really needed to hit on Safety after constantly missing out on a ton of talent (Jobe, Stevenson, Francois, Battle, Daniel Wright, Shawn Davis, etc.)

Amari Carter is clearly not a Miami level safety. Neither was Derrick Smith who transferered out

We started a 2 star in Robert Knowles

Banda did a great job with Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jaquan Johnson, and Sheldrick Redwine - But none were really Blue Chip Talents/Athletes

With Avante Williams, Kam Kitchens, and James Williams all being 5 Star Talents, hopefully we start to see some real game changing, play making Safeties roaming around in Miami's secondary again, and causing fear to QBs. Bolden has started to get there but needs more consistency.

Also - Not sure whats up with Gurvan, but he seemed to be developing into a stud last year especially around the FSU game. This year he looks disinterested and seems to have regressed. Not sure if its injury related or because our staff is still playing dumbass Amari "I don't tackle I target" Carter over him; But he's been a huge disappointment so far from a big recruit we landed over the big dawgs (Bama, UGA, etc.)

Would love to see the top safeties in the country I know JW and this kid are up there. Just want to see I'm curious af

Advertisement

You really think he will be as good as Banda? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Is this kid an EE? If so, would be shocked if he doesn't find his way into the rotation next year. Don't care who comes back. He just does everything we need in a system that puts a ton of stress on Safeties.

In an ideal world both him and JW get reps behind Bolden and Hall next year and takeover as sophomores.

Advertisement
In an ideal world both him and JW get reps behind Bolden and Hall next year and takeover as sophomores.
I don’t even think this is ideal as much as it is likely. The only real wildcard to this NOT happening is Avantae Williams because if he is able to play, he’s too good to keep off the field. Of course Bolden maybe in the NFL so one of Williams, Kinchens or James Williams may have to play a lot next year. And no offense to anyone else on the roster who are good players, but these 3 are absolute difference makers and don’t come around that often.

Advertisement
I don’t even think this is ideal as much as it is likely. The only real wildcard to this NOT happening is Avantae Williams because if he is able to play, he’s too good to keep off the field. Of course Bolden maybe in the NFL so one of Williams, Kinchens or James Williams may have to play a lot next year. And no offense to anyone else on the roster who are good players, but these 3 are absolute difference makers and don’t come around that often.
What if Avantae move over to Corner and let JW and Kam play the safety?

It would be just like Miami to have all three of our starting safeties go pro. If that happens, they'll move one of Gil or Keontra back to S for the season, with Dunson and Harrel our next most senior guys. You have to think Tae, James Williams and Kinchens have a shot to start straight out of the gate, and regardless will be playing a lot as true freshmen.

I don't want that scenario. I'm just saying we should be prepared for it mentally. And then watch Hall get drafted in the 6-7th round and Carter go UFA..

I'd put Tae closer to the line as the striker. But its been a very long since Miami has had this many difference makers in the back 7

Advertisement
Back