Class Impact: Jalen Harrell to Miami

1576679071997.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
that had to be a troll job with the last min GT crap. everything was Orange and green bedside the GT hat lol

Advertisement
We will need him to play Corner being that we only have 4 returning with Jalen and Clarke giving us six total...that's very weak corner numbers.

Rumph sucks!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes DB/Striker signee
Jalen Harrellwas supposed to enroll at UM May 18 for the first summer session.

But because his high school classes went virtual it wasn’t possible for him to finish up early and have his transcripts sent to Miami and cleared in time.

So he remains in virtual high school finishing up and isn’t sure if he’ll have everything in order by Summer B which starts June 29.
“I am just finishing my high school classes so when they start practicing I can be ready to get there,” Harrell said. “It’s frustrating I wasn’t able (to start school yet), but there’s nothing we can do. Everybody is affected by it.”
To help make up for the lost time for the incoming freshmen who did not get on campus early, coaches are hosting Zoom calls several days a week to go over everything.
“Coach (Ephraim) Banda, I’m on a Zoom call every morning except for Friday and weekends with him, Brian (Balom) and Avantae (Williams),” Harrell said, referring to the two other freshmen safeties. “He mostly goes over the installs, plays and everything so it won’t be brand new to me once I get on campus.”

The calls last around a half hour each, and Banda has given the safeties quizzes at different points.

“He’s trying to get it all to register in our brains,” Harrell said. “I’ve learned a good amount, so I won’t be totally lost once he goes over it in the room (at Miami).

“It’s not that hard to pick up, but remembering it is the key. You can say it’ll be a tough transition with less time (on the practice field), but I’ll pick it up.”

Originally Harrell said the plan was for him to start out at Striker, but coaches moved Keonta Smith there in the spring to join Gil Frierson. And now Harrell says he anticipates he’ll be a safety.

“When we go over the plays we’re looking at all safety stuff,” he says.

At 6-foot-2, Harrell currently weighs 192 pounds - he played last season at 190.

“I’m running two miles every day, jump rope and I get some footwork in, speed work in,” he says.

Advertisement
Glad it seems like he is taking his prep seriously. Good on Banda for keeping the young guys on task.

I don't believe it was ever set in stone when he was recruited/signed and it probably isn't now either. With K.Smith's move I don't think it's a lock that one of Harrell and K.Wash end up at striker, but I think it's still definitely a possibility that one does.

I saw saban talking about the positives of the quarantine. He said he can teach a lot more know cause there’s not meetings of classes the kids or staff have to go to so the teaching isn’t rushed and there is more individual attention to detail.
Glad we’re also taking advantage of it.

Advertisement
Back