Class Impact: Jacurri Brown to Miami

At this stage of his development the expectation should be he’s in the bottom half of the competition. I love the kid long term, this competition is cutting his skillset in half.
Good point... Put Lamar Jackson in this type of competition with say Goff, Darnold, Stafford, Matt Ryan, I bet he does not fare too well. However, give me Lamar come game time.

Advertisement
Good point... Put Lamar Jackson in this type of competition with say Goff, Darnold, Stafford, Matt Ryan, I bet he does not fare too well. However, give me Lamar come game time.
Another one would be Dak Prescott… he’s known to be an awful practice player. But whether it’s the game adrenaline or the fans he is able to turn it up game day

Kid is electric. I actually surprised he's having success in the Rail Shot.

The jump in accuracy and footwork for Garcia from his junior to his senior year was massive. Brown may be a 4* QB today, but he is a 5* athlete and has his head screwed on right. He'll get there sooner or later, with plenty of time to be a multiyear starter.

Advertisement
If you were expecting him to crush the Elite 11 and throwing on air, then you haven't watch him. He's raw as a passer but has a heck of an arm. But he's the type of QB that comes alive with the pads on and threat of his legs.

this is exactly my thought too. He wasn’t going to shine in this setting no matter what. And it wouldntyhave mattered anyways because we all know Ewers gonna win the top QB award no matter how he performs

“the Elite 11 uses a system, a formula, to pick their 20, which I agree with. It's tape, it's performance, it's your athletic testing. And then you're graded on that, let's just call it one through 20, and then that carries over into the actual event.”

Last edited:
"I think there is some pressure, right? I mean, last year it was (former Washington [D.C.] Gonzaga 2021 five-star quarterback and current Oklahoma freshman) Caleb Williams," Biggins said. "And if there's one criticism — and I don't mind putting this out — I think the Elite 11 uses a system, a formula, to pick their 20, which I agree with. It's tape, it's performance, it's your athletic testing. And then you're graded on that, let's just call it one through 20, and then that carries over into the actual event. If it was me, I'd wipe that out. I'd start from scratch. Everybody's on the same level playing field. And last year, there was a lot of controversy because Caleb Williams was No. 1 going in along with (former La Jolla [Calif.] Helix 2021 four-star quarterback and current Notre Dame freshman) Tyler Buchner and they both struggled just a little bit. Buchner struggled and Caleb was just OK for him, but he still got the MVP and people were saying, 'Wait, he wasn't the best guy.' Well, because he carried that formula of being the No. 1 guy in the ranking board going into the camp and they still keep that same rankings. So if you're 12th going in, it's hard to get into that top three.

So yea, Jacurri and our QB commit Nick Evers cam do everything right and it won’t matter in the end.

Advertisement
IMO, he's the perfect QB for this cycle, a bit of a project with a super high ceiling. Also, can likely sit and work on things for a few years with Garcia and TVD in the mix.
This. Don’t need a QB Diva whi expects to start in ‘22 with TVD and Garcia waiting. Now if we had a shot with a kid like that cool. But we don’t. And I’m totally fine with that because if this kid fixes those issues, he’s all Conference.

45% accurate…

just keep working on your game kid
It’s not direct accuracy. If it’s not on time but the receiver catches it,it doesn’t count even though it would be a completion in a game . I do get your point though and he does seem like he needs to learn when to throw rockets vs touch

Brown was the first QB to throw.
By comparison:
Duffy (FSU) was 12-20
Malik Murphy (Texas) 15-20

Advertisement
45% accurate…

just keep working on your game kid

Right on target.

Kid has a lot of work to do, we know that. Hope he's patient here and waits his turn while working on his craft.

Enjoy the event kid and soak it all up.

Advertisement
Going to be a great TE
Angry Half Baked GIF

Advertisement
Back