Class Impact: Elijah Arroyo to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Get those feet down!
One foot works for me. It’s a one handed catch that in real time doesn’t look secured. “I think” It’s a catch in slow motion fwiw
26FCDD3A-D593-4CD2-98B2-59A8A1A02BDD.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Arroyo is listed at 6-4, 210 pounds, but is now up to around 230 pounds. As a junior, Arroyo caught 46 passes for 648 yards and five touchdowns. That earned him first-team all-district honors.

So where do things stand with Arroyo and the Hurricanes almost four months removed from his commitment date?

"Everything is going great," Arroyo told Horns247's Mike Roach on Saturday. "I really don't have any other schools talking to me anymore. I kind of just shut everything down."

Arroyo has been talking a lot with UM assistant Stephen Field.

"I like him because he's real and down to earth and stuff," Arroyo said of Field. "I know that I can talk to him about anything. He's not just a coach, he's more of a friend that I can open up to."

"I just want to watch the new offense and see how Coach Lashlee uses the tight ends," Arroyo told Roach.

Arroyo hasn't had a chance to meet face-to-face with any other members of the Hurricanes' Top 10-ranked recruiting class due to the nationwide shutdown, but did say that he has been impressed with how Manny Diaz's staff has been able to secure commitments this summer from five-star talents like Leonard Taylor and James Williams.

"We're hyped," Arroyo said. "I mean we're ready to go."

Arroyo has said he will be enrolling in January.

I don't like hearing kids say they've gained weight....

I know they're trying to say it's all "good weight" aka mostly muscle but these kids' dads/uncles/high school's SC program is rudimentary at best.

I prefer him to just stay at 210-215, lift like he was lifting before, continue working on his skills & just let our world-class strength & conditioning program develop him when he gets here.

I don't like hearing kids say they've gained weight....

I know they're trying to say it's all "good weight" aka mostly muscle but these kids' dads/uncles/high school's SC program is rudimentary at best.

I prefer him to just stay at 210-215, lift like he was lifting before, continue working on his skills & just let our world-class strength & conditioning program develop him when he gets here.
They’ll get him to the weight that they want him to play at regardless. It’s not like he’s overweight.

Advertisement
Arroyo had a big game last night in a 42-35 loss at the Star. Arroyo had 3 TD catches from Braylon Braxton, including this 61 yard catch: (Braxton threw 3 TDs and ran for two more himself)

Braylon Braxton 14 rushes for 130yds Passing: 13-22-1 199 yds

Arroyo had 4 catches for 112 yds and 3 TDs.

Last edited:
Arroyo had a big game last night in a 42-35 loss at the Star. Arroyo had 3 TD catches from Braylon Braxton, including this 61 yard catch: (Braxton threw 3 TDs and ran for two more himself)

Why are we not kicking da tires on braxton beverly? and, he's arroyo's qb!...so we definitely know about him or at da very Least has seen him.

Advertisement
Wat

watched this game last night. He’s grown a inch and put on some good weight. He’s 6’5 about 220 right now, the kid is a 5 star if I ever seen one

Advertisement
Back