Class Impact: Don Chaney Jr. to Miami

View as article
Hopefully it was Brown more than DJ. The huge problem I have is how the guy added weight and started being cute. He ran out of bounds on several plays when he only had a DB in him along the sidelines. Homer crushed people in those situations. Cam was doing the same. This isn’t the NFL and he’s not Laveon Bell. The fumbling didn’t help his cause either. Everyone watching saw the extra juice Cam gave the team when they started feeding him the ball. It’s time we have a RB that doesn’t get caught from behind and that’s Lo and Cam. There’s a place for DJ but not leading the team with carries.
No offense to James Jackson. He was a very good UM back just like DJ...but starting DJ over Cam and Lo is like starting Jackson over Edge. It’s based on nothing but seniority.

James Jackson had more home run speed than DJ, but definitely not DJ's feet. And I think at this point DJ Dallas is every bit the back Harris and Lingard are. If I had to bet on 1 of the 3 being the most complete back, best UM back before career's over, and best NFL back, I'd go DJ Dallas. And it's not because I don't like the other 2. I mean it's to in a landslide, and it wouldn't shock me if I'm wrong, but I'm comfortable saying Dallas. I may have called DJ and Lingard a toss up pre injury, although I admit, I didn't know Dallas would be a RB at UM.

Even before the injury, Lingard was all athlete playing RB...There's nothing wrong with that, those guys work out too...But there was a little risk on those 5 stars place on him imo.

Advertisement
love how this kid runs between the tackles in most of his highlights most highschool backs are constantly bouncing everything outside and winning with speed and athleticism while chaney seems well groomed to run between the tackles which is more effective at the college level.
Yep, I saw patience and vision. Let's get Tirek Murphy as the power back and call it a day at rb for 2020.

James Jackson had more home run speed than DJ, but definitely not DJ's feet. And I think at this point DJ Dallas is every bit the back Harris and Lingard are. If I had to bet on 1 of the 3 being the most complete back, best UM back before career's over, and best NFL back, I'd go DJ Dallas. And it's not because I don't like the other 2. I mean it's to in a landslide, and it wouldn't shock me if I'm wrong, but I'm comfortable saying Dallas. I may have called DJ and Lingard a toss up pre injury, although I admit, I didn't know Dallas would be a RB at UM.

Even before the injury, Lingard was all athlete playing RB...There's nothing wrong with that, those guys work out too...But there was a little risk on those 5 stars place on him imo.
Lo will be drafted higher than Dallas. Name your price.
Lo is the most freakish athlete we’ve had at RB since Willis. He’s on that elite level like DJ Williams, Andre Johnson, and Sean T.

Lo will be drafted higher than Dallas. Name your price.
Lo is the most freakish athlete we’ve had at RB since Willis. He’s on that elite level like DJ Williams, Andre Johnson, and Sean T.

Provided he’s healthy, Enos is going to fall in love with Lingawds athletic ability. He understands how to best utilize that talent.

Based on what?

Chaney's verified laser 40 time is 4.40.

Knighton's verified laser 40 time is 4.53.

Knighton has actually tested out as a mediocre athlete: 4.53 40, 4.53 shuttle, 37 PB, 31.8 Vert, 87.27 Sparq (below average per Lance's data)
Based on the film.

And show me this verified laser 4.40.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@DMoney
Such an unpopular Opinion....
What happened to kids redshirting, hitting the weights, developing and Stunting?
17 freshmen Redshirted c/o 2000 including Willis.
Nowadays everyone is expected to come in and be Adrian Peterson.
Unreal
Don is awesome in space, if he turns the corner you’re in trouble.
I’m not a fan of this pop warner offense he’s in, similarly to Lingard
He hasn’t developed a in between the tackles game yet.
They use a lot of deception and overloads to get him the ball in space.
Not saying that they shouldn’t he’s the best athlete on the field most games.
All I’m saying is pump the brakes fellas he’s only 17.
I know he’s a dade county back, but I can’t think of any Dade County Stunners that ran the rock and got off in college. Maybe the ol’school can help me. @Liberty City El Jameel Cook is one, but he redshirted at Illinois...... I think one of them Carol city boys at Central Michigan.......
Hopefully we can get a Robert Burns development and sighting.
With all that being said, It’s a long way until next fall....
P.s. look me in my eyes when you shoot me 👀

@DMoney
What happened to kids redshirting, hitting the weights, developing and Stunting?
Unreal
I know he’s a dade county back, but I can’t think of any Dade County Stunners that ran the rock and got off in college. Maybe the ol’school can help me. @Liberty City El Jameel Cook is one, but he redshirted at Illinois...... I think one of them Carol city boys at Central Michigan.......
You don’t redshirt kids like Chaney because you’re only going to have them 3 years most of the time anyway. So you redshirt him and leaves like Miller did after his redshirt sophomore year?

You don’t redshirt kids like Chaney because you’re only going to have them 3 years most of the time anyway. So you redshirt him and leaves like Miller did after his redshirt sophomore year?
Worked for Willis.
Not worried about the pro stuff, we reload. Besides redshirting is different now a days.
Wasn’t my point though, I see a kid that is super talented naturally but needs a lot Of work. Not saying he’s trash, When I see him I just see Lingard...

@DMoney
Unreal

I love redshirts but not for RBs. Once they’re ready, they go pro anyway. McGahee and Miller were RS-Sophomores. So you don’t gain anything and you lose a year of production.

Advertisement
@DMoney
Unreal
Dalvin Cook rushed for 1,000yds his Freshman year
Devonta Freeman rushed for 579yds his Freshman year
Frank Gore rushed for 562yds his Freshman year
Joe Yearby rushed for 509yds his Freshman year
Mark Walton had 461yds his Freshman year

And while you specifically said Dade, I'll still include 2 Broward backs in Sony Michel who rushed for 410yds his Freshman year while sharing a backfield with Todd Gurley & Nick Chubb, and Devin Singletary rushed for 1,021yds his Freshman year at FAU.

It's a new era bruh, the old days of sitting on the bench are over, you can't Redshirt RB's in today era of football, unless he's injured & can't play, otherwise you're practically begging him to transfer on you.

These kids wanna play now, especially highly ranked players, you get them in your program just to sit'em down for a year & they'll be in the portal before Fall camp is over.

Our Coaches in particular have to recruit with the potential of early playing time in order to entice high caliber players to come here, it's literally all we have to sell since we don't win regularly & we don't drop bags.

Not saying that's our recruiting pitch to Chaney, but we cannot afford to Redshirt a player of his skill set, if he's healthy enough to go you give him reps. If our coaching staff is smart they better play this kid next year if they don't want him to bolt on us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In practice it's easy to tell if an incoming back is the goods and his teammates will see it to. Plus you can play guys in 4 games and still redshirt them.

In practice it's easy to tell if an incoming back is the goods and his teammates will see it to. Plus you can play guys in 4 games and still redshirt them.

It seems that with most of the high ranking RBs, the only thing that potentially holds them up is how good they are at blocking.

Advertisement
Back