Class Impact: Brian Balom to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I've seen worse the 4th and 17 and I didn't react "TSOM - The Same Miami", "The Cuban Disaster", "#Boycott Miami". How about the "Hail Flutie" pass, with the defensive coordinator in the elevator leaving the booth, then going into work the next Monday surrounded by a bunch of recent Boston College grads, some of which knew Flutie. And this coming on the heels of the worst come from behind victory I NCAA history.

I don't get so personally worked up that I so quick to go on the offensive, and many times there were things on this site that made my blood curtle.
You talking about Bill Trout? Who'd he go to work for? I vaguely remember some connection to the DiMare business. Was it the DiMares?

Advertisement
I have to admit that I agree. Though I hope he contributes on special teams, maybe sees some time as a reserve, gets a quality education and has a productive life. No reasons to transfer, just use the school as the school plans to use you.
And he better not get into any trouble.
And most important, he better have good grades and not smoke weed so he can pass the "random" drug tests. You know, the drug tests given "randomly" to the kids on the team who don't smoke weed.
We have a long tradition of our worst players being our most model citizens. They know better than to fck up. This dude will wind up being a pylon on the field and a pillar off it.

4.63 is solid speed for a safety product in HS, only .11 slower than Avantae Williams (4.52) but Balom was 10 pounds heavier. Believe it or not most guys can bigger and faster in college. I'm not putting much stock if any into just one track time. Also, one bright spot with Balom is he won't get any burn till his Sophomore or Junior season.

A laser timed 4.6 from a 17 year old isn’t slow at all, especially given the fact that we’re seeing most kids actually get faster during their time in college.

Average for his position is to improve by .06 seconds on their verified laser times in college.

A 4.6 40 is above average for a SS out of HS. It’s blazing for a LB if he gains size and keeps his speed.

Must have real bad track form if he’s running a legit 4.6 and then running 11.5+ in the 100.

Advertisement
A sofla safety that runs a 4.6 at his size would be an easy 4 star if he camped more and would've been offered by everyone.

4.63 is a decent 40 for a DB. But **** near 12 seconds in the 100 is Senior Special Olympics speed. My favorite Senior Olympics sprinter, The Speedy Simp, hung a 11.81 on the board this year.
Rand 11.3 something before. First meet back in the season

Advertisement
We have a long tradition of our worst players being our most model citizens. They know better than to fck up. This dude will wind up being a pylon on the field and a pillar off it.
Better be, right? And every team needs a few model citizens to pass the tests and have high gpa’s

Looks like he ran an 11.84 this weekend. His PR is 11.36 so he should get faster times over the course of the season.
Davonte Brown who we were interested in but signed with UCF posted an 11.56 in that Lou Bing meet. Last year his personal best at 100m in the district finals was 11.22. The 100m on that Friday's preliminaries were run into strong head winds up to -2.7 mps which can reduce speeds by as much as 0.4 seconds at 100m. So the 11.84 would be about 11.4-11.5 range. He will progress as the season continues.

On Friday into the headwind in the prelims Fleming posted a 10.84 into that head wind. The next day Saturday he was running with a 1.0 mps tail wind and posted a 10.33. Zacchaeus Byrd the second place finisher in Saturday's finals with an 10.84 and the same slight tail wind. But posted an 11.16 into the wind on Friday in the preliminaries.

Last edited:
You talking about Bill Trout? Who'd he go to work for? I vaguely remember some connection to the DiMare business. Was it the DiMares?
No, it was Olivadotti who was DC for JJ. At the time I was working in NYC with a bunch of recent Boston College grads.

Advertisement
On Friday into the headwind in the prelims Fleming posted a 10.84 into that head wind. The next day Saturday he was running with a 1.0 mps tail wind and posted a 10.33. Zacchaeus Byrd the second place finisher in Saturday's finals with an 10.84 and the same slight tail wind posted an 11.16 into the wind on Friday in the preliminaries.

Off Topic, but tell me why we didn't want Flemming again? At worst, he could have blown the top off coverage like Dorsett with that speed. At best, he could have been another Travis Benjamin with the shiftiness I saw in his hihglights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back