Clarity

i cant believe miami fans on twitter and social medai like "garvin the steal of the draft" "garvin will prove them wrong"
this kid was a jr knowing he was going to leave, basically a contract year and he didnt even give it his all.

Garvin will do well because he will play in a system that DE's excel in. He's showed he can play well when he's motivated.

Advertisement
I see what your saying but to Hightowers Defense he never had a real QB. Look at Cager who so many UM fans said sucked and went to UGA and became one of their best WR's.
Okay this is the real discussions I’m hoping for. I think I’d compare Cager and Wiggins more. The biggest problem with Hightower is he doesn’t have much quickness or acceleration so his speed is very much buildup and he doesn’t get out of routes that well. That would be alright if he was a big jump ball guy but I never saw him attack that high point particularly well so he didn’t really have any trumps. People hated cager cause he dropped a few balls (sound like wiggins) but what they didn’t give him credit for was his ability to high point despite the drops and he is a very good route runner for his size with great press releases and impressive quickness for such a big guy. Wiggins is similar being a tall receiver with great press releases and a very good route runner at his size. The only difference is he doesn’t high point the ball like cager but what he has that cager doesn’t is very impressive long speed and can pull away at his size which is very impressive.

Advertisement
Okay this is the real discussions I’m hoping for. I think I’d compare Cager and Wiggins more. The biggest problem with Hightower is he doesn’t have much quickness or acceleration so his speed is very much buildup and he doesn’t get out of routes that well. That would be alright if he was a big jump ball guy but I never saw him attack that high point particularly well so he didn’t really have any trumps. People hated cager cause he dropped a few balls (sound like wiggins) but what they didn’t give him credit for was his ability to high point despite the drops and he is a very good route runner for his size with great press releases and impressive quickness for such a big guy. Wiggins is similar being a tall receiver with great press releases and a very good route runner at his size. The only difference is he doesn’t high point the ball like cager but what he has that cager doesn’t is very impressive long speed and can pull away at his size which is very impressive.

Very good analysis. But I think with a half decent QB and an OL that gives him time to throw Hightower would be very good. He was a stud in FL HS and that's good competition.

He wa

He had a much better 2018 than 2019 so he's not a scrub. I saw major potential in him when he put 100% into his game.
*2018Miami (FL)ACCSODL1320406017.05.50005210
*2019Miami (FL)ACCJRDL122116379.05.000000
Stats wise sure but it was his first year getting extended reps in 2018 so defenses didn’t game plan for him or know what to expect. Most his TFLs were not him beating a tackle it was him being left alone and being a chase down guy. And pass rush wise his club rip move was his only legit move. It got him the strip sack against VT and ND in freshman year and pretty much all his sacks after that. He never added to his ****nal

Stats wise sure but it was his first year getting extended reps in 2018 so defenses didn’t game plan for him or know what to expect. Most his TFLs were not him beating a tackle it was him being left alone and being a chase down guy. And pass rush wise his club rip move was his only legit move. It got him the strip sack against VT and ND in freshman year and pretty much all his sacks after that. He never added to his ****nal

I saw them constantly making him stand up and drop back in coverage on 3rd downs when that's not his game. He would have had many more sacks if they hadn't done that.

Advertisement
thats the problem, you have to be motivated all the time to stay in NFL. thats why so many late round and small college kids make it.
Good point. How many high pick QB's have failed at the Browns? They are high picks because they succeeded on exceptional teams in college but end up on the worst team in the NFL plus as a top pick they get huge contracts and then they get hammered and have less motivation. Tom Brady is a key example, he was ****ed he went so low in the draft and he told Kraft he was going to win them Super Bowls and did he ever. Watch one of the low picked QB's shine in a few years as the Burrows and Tua's fade away. At least Tua has a better chance as he has something to prove because of the injury questions. At least the Fins went after lots of protection for him, I just hope they don't throw him in the fire too soon while the OL develops. .

Very good analysis. But I think with a half decent QB and an OL that gives him time to throw Hightower would be very good. He was a stud in FL HS and that's good competition.
I don’t think Hightower would ever be very good. I said at the time and still say he at best would have been a possession receiver he was never going to be that good he just doesn’t have the traits for it. Not all HS studs translate to college. Everyone in college was a stud in high school it then comes down to which ones have the ability to separate from elite of elite.

Good point. How many high pick QB's have failed at the Browns? They are high picks because they succeeded on exceptional teams in college but end up on the worst team in the NFL plus as a top pick they get huge contracts and then they get hammered and have less motivation. Tom Brady is a key example, he was ****ed he went so low in the draft and he told Kraft he was going to win them Super Bowls and did he ever. Watch one of the low picked QB's shine in a few years as the Burrows and Tua's fade away. At least Tua has a better chance as he has something to prove because of the injury questions. At least the Fins went after lots of protection for him, I just hope they don't throw him in the fire too soon while the OL develops. .

This is why I Garvin will outperform the Gayturd and be very productive.

I wouldn’t write off Burrows work ethic for him to make the leap he did junior to senior season takes a lot of work. I know the system helped but he definitely improved

Advertisement
It is very well possible and may even be inevitable that Garvin and Bandy will show out and out perform Henderson and Zuniga in the NFL. It would not be the first time and **** sure won't be the last. But you simply can't deny that Garvin played like a lazy disinterested mope all season and Bandy didn't play anywhere close to the potential we all spoke of, regardless of the fact he suffers from dwarfism. The fact still remains that we continue to miss on the top elite prospects every year at critical spots, and then watch them regress as they rush to get the **** away from this program as soon as possible. Gator haters can talk all the **** they want to about Henderson is overrated this or Zuniga is overrated that, but I don't recall ever reading or hearing anything about either of them not performing or giving it 100 every chance possible. There is a very clear reason why our boys were not drafted anywhere near where the **** boys were. This staff has a load of work to do on the field and on the trail. In this new system and the current talent we have, it is highly possible for our current group to rise up and make a name for themselves. I think next year's draft will be a **** of alot different than these last several.

It is very well possible and may even be inevitable that Garvin and Bandy will show out and out perform Henderson and Zuniga in the NFL. It would not be the first time and **** sure won't be the last. But you simply can't deny that Garvin played like a lazy disinterested mope all season and Bandy didn't play anywhere close to the potential we all spoke of, regardless of the fact he suffers from dwarfism. The fact still remains that we continue to miss on the top elite prospects every year at critical spots, and then watch them regress as they rush to get the **** away from this program as soon as possible. Gator haters can talk all the **** they want to about Henderson is overrated this or Zuniga is overrated that, but I don't recall ever reading or hearing anything about either of them not performing or giving it 100 every chance possible. There is a very clear reason why our boys were not drafted anywhere near where the **** boys were. This staff has a load of work to do on the field and on the trail. In this new system and the current talent we have, it is highly possible for our current group to rise up and make a name for themselves. I think next year's draft will be a **** of alot different than these last several.
Great Post!

I hope this draft season was a wake up call to fans in addition to the coaches. A ton of the people on this forum let there fandom blind them from facts about our players. I had a ton of people going in on me for pointing out Henderson is a very good corner last year before we faced them. I also pointed out Van Jefferson being a very solid receiver and Zuniga (who I was told is worse than Garvin) being a very good DE. All this was met with calls of being a UF fan because someone pointed out a fact. So now Henderson is a top 15 pick, and the other 2 are top 3 round picks long before any Miami players are taken. I hope now that we see these results we can actually have legitimate conversations on sites like this about the canes and the canes competition. Also none of our guys went before day 3. I hope now we can stop anointing everyone that plays for the team as future stars.
Gator Troll

Advertisement
I hope this draft season was a wake up call to fans in addition to the coaches. A ton of the people on this forum let there fandom blind them from facts about our players. I had a ton of people going in on me for pointing out Henderson is a very good corner last year before we faced them. I also pointed out Van Jefferson being a very solid receiver and Zuniga (who I was told is worse than Garvin) being a very good DE. All this was met with calls of being a UF fan because someone pointed out a fact. So now Henderson is a top 15 pick, and the other 2 are top 3 round picks long before any Miami players are taken. I hope now that we see these results we can actually have legitimate conversations on sites like this about the canes and the canes competition. Also none of our guys went before day 3. I hope now we can stop anointing everyone that plays for the team as future stars.

I loved when Henderson gave Dallas a butt tap on his way to his 40+ yard TD run

“Go ahead, don’t want to break a nail on a tackle”

I loved when Henderson gave Dallas a butt tap on his way to his 40+ yard TD run

“Go ahead, don’t want to break a nail on a tackle”
Bad effort tackler for sure but don’t forget if he didn’t smother JT4 on the 2nd last throw of the game we could have won. People talk about that drop like it wasn’t perfect coverage and would have been an amazing catch

Bad effort tackler for sure but don’t forget if he didn’t smother JT4 on the 2nd last throw of the game we could have won. People talk about that drop like it wasn’t perfect coverage and would have been an amazing catch

He should have caught it, WR in the NFL make that catch

Henderson let an undersized un drafted player be in position to score a game ending TD on him

Advertisement
Back