CJ Baxter has to see this o-line.

Advertisement
Maybe it's a high school ball thing? 🤷
I get what your saying to...its been a history of central fla bust...**** their best rb played at ECU.

I WAS JUST SAYING BAXTER doesnt consider himself a central fla kid..i think he even got 561 tatted on him and reps for Boynton.

iM LIKE YOU AND WEARY OF RBS FROM THAT AREA LOL

I think he's looked alright tbo. Nothing special, maybe a tad too patient at times - but he's also running into seas of defensive jerseys most time's he touched the ball. He likes contact - I hope his body can hold up.

I will say this, he'd be seeing WAY more daylight taking handoffs behind the MiraWal - I know that...

Yes, those clips don't suggest a bust at all.

He is always falling forward, that's a positive sign. I didn't see any outstanding run blocking either, in particular when they're pulling to block outside.

He'll get stronger as the seasons go by and be tough to bring down. The last Kansas clip he finally got into some space and showed that he's got plenty of speed for this level.

Maybe it's his game regarding too patient, but it could be nerves or even trying to be too perfect in following his blockers while waiting for the hole to open. He does appear hesitent at times. Sometimes you gotta hit that little window or trust it's going to be there when you get there. It's rather common when you're moving up in competition.

Advertisement
Tough Crowd.

I think he's a bit too patient and will need to more decisive. He dances a bit too much and needs to adjust to this level. He does 'move the pile' and finishes his runs. He's a freshman

He looks like he's thinking too much. I think he will take off in the back half of the year when things start to slow down for him.

Advertisement
Tough Crowd.

I think he's a bit too patient and will need to more decisive. He dances a bit too much and needs to adjust to this level. He does 'move the pile' and finishes his runs. He's a freshman

100% This. He's soooo slow approaching the Line of Scrimmage right now. It's hard to watch.

I'm a huge Baxter fan, and gotta give him the benefit of the doubt for now that's he's adjusting to the speed of the game - but he's gotta get that corrected.

100% This. He's soooo slow approaching the Line of Scrimmage right now. It's hard to watch.

I'm a huge Baxter fan, and gotta give him the benefit of the doubt for now that's he's adjusting to the speed of the game - but he's gotta get that corrected.
It comes across more like LeVeon Bell type of approach to hitting holes (🐾 🐾)… a bit of dancing which can be annoying to watch if you’re not seeing the rewards of it.

It comes across more like LeVeon Bell type of approach to hitting holes (🐾 🐾)… a bit of dancing which can be annoying to watch if you’re not seeing the rewards of it.

My issue with the LeVeon Bell "style" is that LeVeon Bell is the only RB I've seen who could actually pull it off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back