CJ Baxter has to see this o-line.

Unimpressive behind a very similarly talented Oline… maybe it hasn’t clicked for him being away from home and all that… but I was talking him up to Longhorn buddy’s.

Advertisement
Innis has nfl dudes in front of him I’m sure he knew he had to wait his turn. They recruited him and told him that while they were recruiting him. That’s being honest and how you build a relationship with a recruit. Him not playing doesn’t mean he’s a bust (not yet) dude went to the most loaded wr group for years.
Yea but also have to factor in that he didn't pick Miami, so he's overrated af.

Yea but also have to factor in that he didn't pick Miami, so he's overrated af.

Innis isn’t playing. Baxter is and he looks bad. No idea how Innis would perform, but my guess is he ends up a better player than Baxter.

Advertisement
running backs usually the easiest to transition in college. You know what you have sometimes when you see them, but you will know what you have vs elite/conf teams when you see them perform.

Advertisement
After looking at those highlights he’s not on Fletchers level in terms of balance, physicality, and speed. Will he improve ?.. sure, but I don’t see anything special besides his size. Miami won the battle of the running backs last recruiting class.

Baxter entered the season as the starter but got banged up, which opened the door for Brooks.

Not as physical as Fletcher but may have better lateral movement.

I think we did well; but Ruben Owens looked good from what I saw against aTm.

Last edited:
After looking at those highlights he’s not on Fletchers level in terms of balance, physicality, and speed. Will he improve ?.. sure, but I don’t see anything special besides his size. Miami won the battle of the running backs last recruiting class.
I must say I agree100%. Your analysis is spot on. Perhaps what's holding him back is he never had to acquire skill. In high school he simply used his God given abilities. On this level, eventually your skill set will be demanded of you.
If he does not rapidly develop "pad level" "jab step" "skip hop step" he will be delayed in making a huge[BGCOLOR=initial] impact.[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another possible option. Baxter is only 5 games in and may get to the level Brooks is in year 3. Then again not a lot you can improve on after 5 games.
i swear we got some butthurt fans...sometime let that hurt go lol.

That being said he was my fav back in last class.

Fletcher was definately up there as well after his sr year and Im happy as heck with our rb class that i forgot Baxter actually existed anymore until this thread..cause there isnt a reason for me to watch a single min of TEX football

Advertisement
Back